NFL 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
For The Record.....

I'm predicting the New England Patriots will win tomorrow's Super Bowl by at least 10 points.

My Final Score prediction:

New England Patriots 41
Seattle Seahawks 17

Anyone else care to make their final predictions?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
For The Record.....

I'm predicting the New England Patriots will win tomorrow's Super Bowl by at least 10 points.

New England Patriots 41
Seattle Seahawks 17

Wow! You sure do have some confidence in NE.

New England 20
Seattle 24

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
For The Record.....

Anything is possible, I suppose, but I don't have either team winning by that large a margin, at least not on average.

New England Patriots 41
Seattle Seahawks 17

Sure, though I tend to run spread averages.

On average the Pats come away with between 20-27 points and the Seahawks between 19-30. So I have the Hawks as a bit of a wild card.

If I had to settle it's either Pats 21-20 or Seattle 24-21.

I'll take Seattle on a hunch but who knows.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Terry Bradshaw has been one of the greatest Super Bowl predictors of all time.

His greatest moment was in 1990 when he said San Fran would beat Denver 55-3, and the final score was 55-10
I get two or three games every week dead on the score. So it's a good guess, but the Niners went in a near two td favorite to draw the money. That big a beat down was surprising, but no one really expected Denver to be competitive.

Is there a site where his Super Bowl calls can be found year to year?

Most of them have been predictable, outside of a streak when the Pats were carving out fg wins.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
On Super Bowl Eve, I feel compelled to talk about Cleveland. Yes, Cleveland.

The only NFL teams to never play in a Super Bowl are the Detroit Lions, Cleveland Browns, Jacksonville Jaguars, & Houston Texans.

However, Detroit, Jacksonville, and Houston have all hosted Super Bowls.

Therefore, Cleveland is the only NFL city that has had nothing to do with a Super Bowl in any way, shape, or form.

:rotfl:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
On Super Bowl Eve, I feel compelled to talk about Cleveland. Yes, Cleveland...
So that's a no? You just heard he was great at it (like, really, a lot of people) or do you know what his actual average is or how often he comes close to the actual score and how often he doesn't?

Good video link though. :plain:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
What state has produced the most Super Bowl winning quarterbacks?

10) California - Jim Plunkett (2), Troy Aikman (3), Trent Dilfer (1), Tom Brady (3), Aaron Rogers (1)

8) Louisiana - Terry Bradshaw (4), Doug Williams (1), Peyton Manning (1), Eli Manning (2)

7) Pennsylvania - Joe Namath (1), Johnny Unitas (1), Joe Montana (4), Jeff Hostetler (1)

6) Ohio - Len Dawson (1), Roger Staubach (2), Ben Roethlisberger (2), Russell Wilson (1)

3) Alabama - Bart Starr (2), Ken Stabler (1)
3) New Jersey - Joe Theisman (1), Jim McMahon (1), Joe Flacco (1)

Tomorrow, either California or Ohio will add to their totals.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
3) Alabama - Bart Starr (2), Ken Stabler (1)
Not bad for a state without a pro team or a rich tradition of passing the ball a great deal. And we gain one if you go by state institutions instead of birth place, since we'd keep Stabler and Starr and add Namath making the University of Alabama the source of as many Super Bowl starting signal callers as any school, ever, tied with Notre Dame and Perdue.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Not bad for a state without a pro team or a rich tradition of passing the ball a great deal. And we gain one if you go by state institutions instead of birth place, since we'd keep Stabler and Starr and add Namath making the University of Alabama the source of as many Super Bowl starting signal callers as any school, ever, tied with Notre Dame and Perdue.

Alabama and Louisiana have 11 combined, while New York, Illinois, Florida, Massachusetts, Michigan, Virginia, & Texas have ONE amongst all of them. (Drew Brees - Texas).

Throw in Mississippi (Brett Favre - 1), and the Bayou states have done very well.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
making the University of Alabama the source of as many Super Bowl starting signal callers as any school, ever, tied with Notre Dame and Perdue.

If you rank by wins instead of starts, only Alabama and Perdue have 3 different QB's

If you rank by starts, Alabama, Perdue, Notre Dame, and Cal have 3 different QB's

By Starts:

Alabama:

Bart Starr
Joe Namath
Ken Stabler

Perdue:

Len Dawson
Bob Griese
Drew Brees

Notre Dame:

Daryl Lamonica
Joe Montana
Joe Theisman

Cal:

Joe Kapp
Craig Morton
Aaron Rogers

Arsenios

I must say that I do think that the two best teams in pro football will be playing in this SuperBowl... Unlike last year, when the real SuperBowl was played between the 49ers and the Hawks... The Denver game was an after-thought...
Even so, I seriously doubt there will be much question if the game is evenclose at the end of the first half... Seattle will take it hands down... New England had better get a 24 point lead at the half if they expect to hang on to win, and even then, I would bet against them...

Seattle is just too good a second half team...

Arsenios

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Congrats to the Bus. I was wondering if they'd penalize Pace and Warner and I'm disappointed at Kurt having to wait, but not shocked. Next year should be his year.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I must say that I do think that the two best teams in pro football will be playing in this SuperBowl... Unlike last year, when the real SuperBowl was played between the 49ers and the Hawks... The Denver game was an after-thought...
Even so, I seriously doubt there will be much question if the game is evenclose at the end of the first half... Seattle will take it hands down... New England had better get a 24 point lead at the half if they expect to hang on to win, and even then, I would bet against them...

Seattle is just too good a second half team...

Arsenios

they are not playing the broncos
and
they are not playing the packers

they are playing the best coached team in the history of football
and
they cheat

Status
Not open for further replies.