More from Obama's "If you've done nothing wrong, you have nothing to hide" department

musterion

More from Obama's "If you've done nothing wrong, you have nothing to hide" department

State refuses to give voter data to Trump commission on electoral integrity
Now why in the world would they refuse such a request?

Hacked server that handled DNC email remains off limits to investigators

Morning Joe hosts won't turn over emails they say prove Trump pressured them.

Remember...Obama said if you've done nothing wrong, you have nothing to hide.

This is going to be a continuing thread, by the way.

musterion

Three states — Colorado, Missouri and Tennessee — commended Kobach’s attempt to investigate voter fraud in their respective statements.

Three states — Florida, Idaho and Nebraska — are still reviewing the commission’s request and three states — Hawaii, New Jersey and Wyoming — have not returned CNN’s request for comment.

Lon

List of things Trump has hidden:

:chuckle:
Liberals need to stop trying to steal the Retard Torch™ from conservatives- the only thing more retarded than a liberal is a conservative, yall oughta both step off the track :thumb:

Well, "Conservative" means to 'conserve' or 'keep' what is of value. There is nothing new under the sun, and I think biblical values we've held as a country should be 'conserved.' Biblically, I'm a conservative as well. :e4e: -Lon

musterion

Kris Kobach. End of explanation.

No, this is why.

President of the National Association of State Election Directors Judd Choate said without Social Security numbers, the commission will be unable to verify if people with the same name as others voted multiple times or are registered to do so in multiple states.

“If they are going to try to use it to identify double voters, they’re going to have a really tough time,” he said.

Or if people with no SSN [illegals] voted using someone else's, or if felons voted.

musterion

Ooh, here's a goodun...

Michael Mann Commits Contempt of Court in ‘Climate Science Trial of the Century' for refusing to surrender data for open examination in the case HE started.

We already know why he refuse the request.

Meanwhile...

There can be little doubt that upon the BC Supreme Court ruling that Mann did commit data fraud, over in Washington DC, the EPA’s Scott Pruitt will feel intense pressure from skeptics to initiate a full investigation into Mann, his university and all those conspiring to perpetuate a trillion-dollar carbon tax-raising sting on taxpayers.

And some will splash all over Algore.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Ooh, here's a goodun...

Michael Mann Commits Contempt of Court in ‘Climate Science Trial of the Century' for [FONT=&]refusing to surrender data for open examination in the case HE started.

Your source, Principia Scientific International, appears to be on the fringe and filled with less than qualified people, although trading on Newton was probably a good marketing tool. I suspect they have misrepresented the facts but, Hey, it's on the internet.

[/FONT]
We already know why he refuse the request.

Meanwhile...

And some will splash all over Algore.

Mocking You

Here is what Trump is after:

The information the commission is seeking includes registrants' full names, addresses, dates of birth, political parties, the last four digits of their social security numbers, a list of the elections they voted in since 2006, information on any felony convictions, information on whether they were registered to vote in other states, their military status, and whether they lived overseas.

Looks like an invasion to privacy to me. I don't see why the federal government needs to be able to link SSN#'s with voter party affiliation by voting precinct. That's an overreach of power. Especially considering the authority to conduct elections is specifically granted to the states by the US constitution via Article 1, sec. 4.1. Basically, the federal government has no business sticking their nose into a states rights issue.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Here is what Trump is after:

The information the commission is seeking includes registrants' full names, addresses, dates of birth, political parties, the last four digits of their social security numbers, a list of the elections they voted in since 2006, information on any felony convictions, information on whether they were registered to vote in other states, their military status, and whether they lived overseas.

Looks like an invasion to privacy to me. I don't see why the federal government needs to be able to link SSN#'s with voter party affiliation by voting precinct. That's an overreach of power. Especially considering the authority to conduct elections is specifically granted to the states by the US constitution via Article 1, sec. 4.1. Basically, the federal government has no business sticking their nose into a states rights issue.
I don't see invasion of privacy at all. We should know who is voting, period.

Mocking You

I don't see invasion of privacy at all. We should know who is voting, period.

Yes, the states should know. It's the state's responsibility. Nowhere is the federal government empowered to have this data.

Do you believe in a strict interpretation of the Constitution, especially the 10th amendment, or not?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Yes, the states should know. It's the state's responsibility. Nowhere is the federal government empowered to have this data.

Do you believe in a strict interpretation of the Constitution, especially the 10th amendment, or not?
What's wrong with a national database of registered voters with detailed information? It would cut down on voter fraud.

Mocking You

What's wrong with a national database of registered voters with detailed information? It would cut down on voter fraud.
It's unconstitutional.

Is our response to any problem going to be a new federal bureaucracy?

And how would it cut down on voter fraud? More likely it would identify it after the elections, just like this commission is trying to do.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I can see how a national registry could help prevent multi-state registrations but as far as I know there isn't a significant problem with that type of fraud. And I don't see a national registry helping much beyond that. What is the detailed information supposed to help with?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I can see how a national registry could help prevent multi-state registrations but as far as I know there isn't a significant problem with that type of fraud. And I don't see a national registry helping much beyond that. What is the detailed information supposed to help with?

It will help Trump and the GOP with their ongoing effort to suppress votes.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
It will help Trump and the GOP with their ongoing effort to suppress votes.
Yeah, that's one concern. I appreciated Gov Wolf's statement when announcing his refusal because he directly said he had concerns about how this info might be used to suppress voting.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yeah, that's one concern. I appreciated Gov Wolf's statement when announcing his refusal because he directly said he had concerns about how this info might be used to suppress voting.

Trump didn't start whining about voter integrity UNTIL he was behind in the polls. Then he claimed the polls and election were rigged. IF he truly believed that, he would have to admit the states he won were due to millions of illegal votes. It just crushes his ego to admit that several millions more Americans rejected him.