ECT Moment of Salvation Compared to Water Baptism

turbosixx

Jesus explained to Nicodemus and anyone else who will listen and act: "Most assuredly I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit." (John 3:5-6)

I agree but most will say the water is birth and not baptism even thought Jesus said make Christians by baptizing them.

turbosixx

It seems it is all spiritual not lateral.

this is contextual reasoning..

Jesus said man is born again by the water and the Spirit, Jn. 3:5.

Jesus said make Christians baptizing them in his name, Matt. 28:19-20.

Peter said be baptized and you will receive the gift to the Holy Spirit, Acts 2:38

Cornelius received the Holy Spirit and Peter said "who can forbid water" and "commanded they be baptized in the name of Jesus, Acts 10:47-48.

I believe the water and Spirit are both literal and go together.

Here Paul finds "believers" and asks them did they receive the Holy Spirit, when they said no he asks them about their baptism because they go together, Acts 19:1-6

turbosixx

A long time ago:

1Sam 10:6 (AKJV/PCE)
(10:6) And the Spirit of the LORD will come upon thee, and thou shalt prophesy with them, and shalt be turned into another man.

I was looking for what God is talking about here:
Joel 2:
28 “And it shall come to pass afterward,
that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh;
your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
your old men shall dream dreams,
and your young men shall see visions.
29 Even on the male and female servants
in those days I will pour out my Spirit.

meshak

BANNED
Banned

Peter said be baptized and you will receive the gift to the Holy Spirit, Acts 2:38

Cornelius received the Holy Spirit and Peter said "who can forbid water" and "commanded they be baptized in the name of Jesus, Acts 10:47-48.

Here Paul finds "believers" and asks them did they receive the Holy Spirit, when they said no he asks them about their baptism because they go together, Acts 19:1-6

Jesus is not legalist. God looks into our heart and so does He.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
The wonderful thing about Jesus is that He is not legalist, and this is the core of Christianity.

And this is why His Father loves Him so much.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
The wonderful thing about Jesus is that He is not legalist, and this is the core of Christianity.

And this is why His Father loves Him so much.

Good morning Meshak .

One of the things i've always liked about you is this kind of child like innocence you have . I mean that in a good way . Don't let anyone or group take that from you .

Right Divider

Body part
I was looking for what God is talking about here:
Joel 2:
28 “And it shall come to pass afterward,
that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh;
your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
your old men shall dream dreams,
and your young men shall see visions.
29 Even on the male and female servants
in those days I will pour out my Spirit.
No doubt, but that was not the first time that God "gave the Holy Spirit to man".

I don't think that you've given Joel the full treatment that it deserves.

The LORD has yet to roar out of Zion.

Joel 3:16-17 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:16) The LORD also shall roar out of Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth shall shake: but the LORD [will be] the hope of his people, and the strength of the children of Israel. (3:17) So shall ye know that I [am] the LORD your God dwelling in Zion, my holy mountain: then shall Jerusalem be holy, and there shall no strangers pass through her any more.

turbosixx

Jesus is not legalist. God looks into our heart and so does He.

Matt. 7:23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

Why did Jesus say these people would not enter the kingdom of Heaven?

God's Truth

No doubt, but that was not the first time that God "gave the Holy Spirit to man".

I don't think that you've given Joel the full treatment that it deserves.

The LORD has yet to roar out of Zion.

Joel 3:16-17 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:16) The LORD also shall roar out of Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth shall shake: but the LORD [will be] the hope of his people, and the strength of the children of Israel. (3:17) So shall ye know that I [am] the LORD your God dwelling in Zion, my holy mountain: then shall Jerusalem be holy, and there shall no strangers pass through her any more.

It was the first time Jesus came.

God's Truth

One must repent of their sins. That is what Jesus taught. Why have you allowed yourself to be fooled away from the truth?

God's Truth

Then why did Jesus need to die?

Jesus died so that NO ONE has to sacrifice animals anymore for their blood just to go to the temple to be near God's Spirit.

Jesus is the Sacrificial Lamb.

That means we don't have to have animal's blood and go to a temple, for Jesus is the Lamb and we become the temple.