ECT Moment of Salvation Compared to Water Baptism

Cross Reference

Cornelius, before he was saved, he feared God and did what was right.

Therefore he was a righteous man in the sight of God and only needed Jesus Christ explained to him. Ergo, the Angel who visited him with instructions that he might become a disciple per the great commission.

God's Truth

Cornelius being a God fearing man is true but if you look at the times his conversion was talked about, that isn't what the discussion is about. I suggest you're not taking an objective look at this and are going against the scriptures.

The point of it all is not that he is a God fearing man.

You don't know how silly you sound telling me I go against the scriptures. will you really stoop so low?

You are the one missing the point. The topic is about the moment of salvation. I have proven with scripture that salvation is given to those who OBEY.

You are not going to have a moment of salvation if you don't obey.

You are the one going against the scriptures. You are entrapped to go against obeying Jesus.

Who but the devil would be behind you doing that?

Acts 10:35 but that in every nation those who fear Him and live good lives are acceptable to Him.

Acts 13:26 "Fellow children of Abraham and you God-fearing Gentiles, it is to us that this message of salvation has been sent.

Your pride is your downfall. You want to go against me anyway you can because I have proven you wrong about water baptism; now you are ready to throw it all away because of your pride.

God's Truth

The moment of salvation is when God accepts you.

That can be before water baptism or sometime AFTER water baptism.

That is scripture.

But NO TIME is the moment of salvation if one had not had a right heart by believing and obeying Jesus.

God's Truth

Acts 15:8 God, who knows the heart, showed that he accepted them by giving the Holy Spirit to them, just as he did to us.

God's Truth

Cornelius being a God fearing man is true but if you look at the times his conversion was talked about, that isn't what the discussion is about. I suggest you're not taking an objective look at this and are going against the scriptures.

The point of it all is not that he is a God fearing man.

Acts 2:41 Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day.

So we see that the message has to be accepted. What is the message? The message is that we have to repent of our sins and die to doing those sins and agree to live for Jesus. Those are the people God accepts.

Water baptism is done after the message is accepted. The message is repent of sins. If there was no water around, do you really think that God would deny them salvation?
The apostles and Cornelius and his whole household were saved before a water baptism.

Acts 4:4
But many who heard the message believed, and the number of men grew to about five thousand.

eleos

If you feel this is a dead horse, feel free not to post. Someone asked me to begin this debate so here it goes.

At what point does someone go from being lost to saved?
In this thread I would like to determine the point of salvation. I know God can save whomever he wants but I'm hopping we can establish God's plan for how man becomes a Christian. Surely God has revealed it to us and given us examples of conversions to better understand how. Obviously there is a lot to this so it will be a tall order to get our points across in this format. I appreciate everyone's patience and understanding.

I would like start off with at what point did Jesus say someone is saved.
Mark 16:16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

The language is simple. If salvation comes after belief Jesus would have said "whoever believes is saved and then should be baptized".

Maybe a different take on Baptisim - Salvation:

Matthew 3 (powerful love)

Jesus praying to God the Father.

20“I do not ask for these only, but also for those who will believe in me through their word, 21 that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22 The glory that you have given me I have given to them, that they may be one even as we are one, 23I in them and you in me, that they may become perfectly one, so that the world may know that you sent me and loved them even as you loved me. 24 Father, I desire that they also, whom you have given me, may be with me where I am, to see my glory that you have given me because you loved me before the foundation of the world. 25 O righteous Father, even though the world does not know you, I know you, and these know that you have sent me. 26 I made known to them your name, and I will continue to make it known, that the love with which you have loved me may be in them, and I in them.”

So, Baptism would be about love. Everything in Christ Jesus is about love. God is love. Our relationship with Christ and his relationship with us is about love in all things.

And after Gods plan of salvation has been completed in it's entirety, we will have a loving relationship with Him like we have never known. Living in a perfect world with a perfect God for eternity. WOW

He will be our loving God, and we will be His loving people.

What a awesome loving God we have. AMEN

God Bless.

God's Truth

20“I do not ask for these only, but also for those who will believe in me through their word, 21 that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22 The glory that you have given me I have given to them, that they may be one even as we are one, 23I in them and you in me, that they may become perfectly one, so that the world may know that you sent me and loved them even as you loved me. 24 Father, I desire that they also, whom you have given me, may be with me where I am, to see my glory that you have given me because you loved me before the foundation of the world. 25 O righteous Father, even though the world does not know you, I know you, and these know that you have sent me. 26 I made known to them your name, and I will continue to make it known, that the love with which you have loved me may be in them, and I in them.”

So, Baptism would be about love. Everything in Christ Jesus is about love. God is love. Our relationship with Christ and his relationship with us is about love in all things.

And after Gods plan of salvation has been completed in it's entirety, we will have a loving relationship with Him like we have never known. Living in a perfect world with a perfect God for eternity. WOW

God Bless.

Hello Eleos, welcome to the group.

DAN P

The moment of salvation is when God accepts you.

That can be before water baptism or sometime AFTER water baptism.

That is scripture.

But NO TIME is the moment of salvation if one had not had a right heart by believing and obeying Jesus.

Hi and how does a person GET A RIGHT HEART ??

Do you have a verse ?

What do you believe , about 1 Cor 2:14 as the Natural men considers the word of God FOOLISHNESS TO HIM as the bible is spiritually DISCERNED ??

dan p

God's Truth

Hi and how does a person GET A RIGHT HEART ??

What a good question.

That is such an important question and I hope you know the magnitude of it.

Jesus tells us how to get a right heart.

Jesus says to humble yourself as a little child.

Admit you are a sinner and be sorry for those sins and repent.

That is a start. Do you need more?

Do you have a verse ?

…unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven; Matthew 5:32.
…unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven; Matthew 18:3.
…unless you forgive your brother or sister from your heart; Matthew 18:35.
…unless you repent, you too will all perish; Luke 13:3.
… unless they are born of water and the Spirit; John 3:5.
Unless I wash you, you have no part with me; John 13:8.
…unless it dies; 1 Corinthians 15:36.

What do you believe , about 1 Cor 2:14 as the Natural men considers the word of God FOOLISHNESS TO HIM as the bible is spiritually DISCERNED ??

dan p

Excellent question, dan p.

The natural men are men who only want to please their flesh. They please their flesh by sinning...fornication, adultery, drunkenness, etc.

Not everyone only wants to please their flesh.

There are people who want more out of life and they want to be saved.

We are flesh and spirit.

Some people are more flesh inclined, and some people are more spiritual and they don't want to live their life only pleasing their flesh.

turbosixx

I have proven with scripture that salvation is given to those who OBEY.
What did Cornelius do to obey?

You are entrapped to go against obeying Jesus.
I would NEVER intentionally go against Jesus. You do not believe Jesus when he says this:
Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved because you believe we can be saved before baptism. If that is the case, then why did Jesus put saved after baptism?

I have proven you wrong about water baptism
You have not proven me wrong, you just think you have.

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
You do not believe Jesus when he says this:
Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved
Wrong dispensation; wrong people; just wrong.

Mark 16:15-20 (AKJV/PCE)
(16:15) And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. (16:16) He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. (16:17) And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;(16:18) They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover. (16:19) ¶ So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God. (16:20) And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with [them], and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

Did these signs follow you when you believed and were baptized?

Yah, I know... talk to the hand. Your hand is smarter than your head anyway.

Last edited:

turbosixx

Acts 2:41 Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day.

So we see that the message has to be accepted. What is the message? The message is that we have to repent of our sins and die to doing those sins and agree to live for Jesus. Those are the people God accepts.
You're not reading it from an objective view point.
It says those who accepted WERE baptized then added. Only those who were baptized were added. What about all those who accepted but didn't get baptized??

Water baptism is done after the message is accepted. The message is repent of sins.
I agree.

If there was no water around, do you really think that God would deny them salvation?
Now you're using a hypothetical to go against scripture and Jesus.

16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

Last edited:

turbosixx

Wrong dispensation; wrong people; just wrong.

Mark 16:15-20 (AKJV/PCE)
(16:15) And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. (16:16) He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. (16:17) And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; (16:18) They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover. (16:19) ¶ So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God. (16:20) And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with [them], and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

Did these signs follow you when you believed and were baptized?

Yah, I know... talk to the hand. Your hand is smarter than you head anyway.

Talk to the hand

turbosixx

God Bless.

I agree God is love and the greatest manifestation of that love is of him giving his son to die for us sinners but the love isn't one sided.

Jn. 14:23 Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him. 24 He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine, but the Father’s who sent Me.

This is also Jesus' word.
Mk. 16:16 He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved; but he who has disbelieved shall be condemned.

Right Divider

Body part
I agree God is love and the greatest manifestation of that love is of him giving his son to die for us sinners but the love isn't one sided.

Jn. 14:23 Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him. 24 He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine, but the Father’s who sent Me.

This is also Jesus' word.
Mk. 16:16 He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved; but he who has disbelieved shall be condemned.
CONTEXT.... When Jesus was on earth, the Bible says that He was a minister of the circumcision... to confirm the promises made to the fathers.

You always ignore context.

You also ignore the REST of what was said in Mark 16.

God's Truth

You're not reading it from an objective view point.
I am reading it from God's point of view.

It says those who accepted WERE baptized then added. Only those who were baptized were added. What about all those who accepted but didn't get baptized??

You are the one who is using a hypothetical to go against the scripture and Jesus.

I agree.

Now you're using a hypothetical to go against scripture and Jesus.

You are trying to go against me by way of false accusation.

You cannot ever prove me wrong because I say what the scriptures say, and that is that people were saved before a water baptism, and people were not saved after a water baptism.
16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

That scripture is said to those who had an apostle there and a water baptism ready to be done. Peter was ready to preach the message that saves and to have people water baptized afterwards.
Cornelius and his whole household were saved first and are a testament against your false denomination's teachings.
Cornelius and his whole household had an apostle and water but STILL WERE NOT water baptized first.
Your whole defense that no one can get saved until they are water baptized is false. According to you God made a mistake when He saved Cornelius and his whole household, and all the other people that He saved first.

God's Truth

CONTEXT.... When Jesus was on earth, the Bible says that He was a minister of the circumcision... to confirm the promises made to the fathers.

You always ignore context.

You also ignore the REST of what was said in Mark 16.

Jesus says when he is crucified that all could come to him to be saved. Paul calls it Jews first then Gentiles.

Acts 13:46 Then Paul and Barnabas answered them boldly: "We had to speak the word of God to you first. Since you reject it and do not consider yourselves worthy of eternal life, we now turn to the Gentiles.

Acts 13:26
Brothers, children of Abraham, and you Gentiles who fear God, it is to us that this message of salvation has been sent.

Acts 18:6
But when they opposed and insulted him, he shook out his garments and told them, "Your blood be on your own heads! I am innocent of it. From now on I will go to the Gentiles."

John 12:32 And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself."

Even Paul tells you and you still deny the truth. You are like one in a cult, or like a brain washed person.