ECT Moment of Salvation Compared to Water Baptism

turbosixx

Then why would you ask "From your perspective, what constitutes the nation of Israel?"?

Is that not totally clear in scripture?

I base my understanding of the nation of Israel on scripture. In "Christianity" there are many different views from reading the same bible. That's why I ask from "your perspective". I'm trying to understand what your saying.

The reason I ask is because Jesus came to establish his covenant and set up his kingdom. You say he did not because the "nation" rejected him but it's obvious not all people of that nation did.

So, I'm trying to understand what you believe it will take for the "nation" to accept him?

God's Truth

Hi and where a verse that explains what you wrote above ??

In Acts 1:2 is after His resurrection !!

And then the Holy Spirit was to be given in Acts 1:5 and this BAPTIZO is with the POWER OF THE Holy Spirit and the Holy Spirit was promised in Joel 3:28 and Gentiles were NOT invited , where do you get that AT ??

dan p

Acts 10:43 All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name."

Luke 24:46 He told them, “This is what is written: The Messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, 47 and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. 48 You are witnesses of these things.

Luke 24:47 and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Romans 15:11 And again, "Praise the Lord, all you Gentiles; let all the peoples extol him."

John 4:42 They said to the woman, “We no longer believe just because of what you said; now we have heard for ourselves, and we know that this man really is the Savior of the world.”

John 1:29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, takes away the sin of the world!

1 John 2:2 He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

1 John 4:14 And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world.

Cont...

God's Truth

Cont...

Prophecies of Jesus fulfilled, as shown by Gentiles believing in God---
Paul is quoting Psalm 18:49: and 2 Samuel 22:50 Therefore I will praise you, LORD, among the nations; I will sing the praises of your name.

Romans 15:9
so that the Gentiles may glorify God for His mercy. As it is written: "Therefore I will praise You among the Gentiles; I will sing hymns to Your name."

This is Paul speaking about Isaiah:

Romans 15:12 And again, Isaiah says, "The Root of Jesse will spring up, one who will arise to rule over the nations; in him the Gentiles will hope."

Paul speaking about the Gentiles and quoting the OLD TESTAMENT:

Romans 15:11 And again, "Praise the Lord, all you Gentiles; let all the peoples extol him."

Psalm 117:1
Praise the LORD, all nations; Laud Him, all peoples!

Danoh

I base my understanding of the nation of Israel on scripture. In "Christianity" there are many different views from reading the same bible. That's why I ask from "your perspective". I'm trying to understand what your saying.

The reason I ask is because Jesus came to establish his covenant and set up his kingdom. You say he did not because the "nation" rejected him but it's obvious not all people of that nation did.

So, I'm trying to understand what you believe it will take for the "nation" to accept him?

He and his pals continually fail to make certain distinctions - which is why he so ignorantly took issue with your use of the phrase "from your perspective."

For the fact of that matter is that each person comes away from the Scripture with a perspective they view is Scripture's perspective and that they then decide to adopt as their own.

It was obvious to me you were merely respecting what his perspective might be.

But that is arrogance for ya.

His is a typical error with him and his pals.

Each have ended up long set in their conclusions on one thing or another; and each is often rather intolerant of anyone who does not agree with them and their pals, and so on.

Call that my perspective on theirs :chuckle:

But all kidding aside, they remain a rather poor example of how many MADs outside of TOL conduct themselves when dealing with anyone who has a different view, or who opposes their view.

This is why I get on them so - for the poor light they end up reflecting on all MADs.

A few rounds with those like that on here, and who in their right mind - of the few people out there who might actually want to here another's view out - would want to bother with MADs in general.

You're basically dealing with a very arrogant, intolerant, and narrow minded bunch, in most of them on here.

And if you think some of them reflect a bad light on this Forum, take a visit over to the Politics Forum - talk about a rabidly grace-less, idol worshipping bunch.

Yet they expect this MAD (me) to just allow them their hypocrisy and shaming of other MADs, without a peep.

This is their completely distorted, upside down view of Mid-Acts GRACE Dispensationalism.

It is crystal clear in Romans thru Philemon that the Apostle they claim to follow would not have put up with their nonsense and neither should anyone else.

Stand your ground, Turbo, until you are fully persuaded in your own mind otherwise - not only as to what we affirm, but also, as to the truth of the grace-lessness some so called "MADS" on here continue to ignorantly demonstrate is supposedly how one deals with another's opposing view.

Rom. 14:5; Rom. 5:6-8.

Right Divider

Body part

Scripture does not say exactly what that means, and yet we know from scripture that whatever it means, it did not happen. The LORD Jesus Christ said that the unbelieving leaders of Israel would have the kingdom taken away from them. This clearly shows that they HAD the kingdom to which the LORD was referring. The new covenant that scripture defines in Jeremiah 31 and confirms in Hebrew 8 is between God and Israel. Many try to make both the kingdom and the covenant something that it is NOT.

Right Divider

Body part
No it happens as soon as Jesus died and the righteous were made perfect by believing and obeying him.

You are badly mistaken.
You are horribly badly mistaken.

Paul says that it was in the future, and he wrote that LONG after Christ had died.

Eph 1:10 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:10) That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; [even] in him:

God's Truth

You are horribly badly mistaken.

Paul says that it was in the future, and he wrote that LONG after Christ had died.

Eph 1:10 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:10) That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; [even] in him:

9And He has made known to us the mystery of His will according to His good pleasure, which He purposed in Christ 10as a plan for the fullness of time, to bring all things in heaven and on earth together in Christ. 11In Him we were also chosen as God’s own, having been predestined according to the plan of Him who works out everything by the counsel of His will,…

That has already happened.

Right Divider

Body part
9And He has made known to us the mystery of His will according to His good pleasure, which He purposed in Christ 10as a plan for the fullness of time, to bring all things in heaven and on earth together in Christ. 11In Him we were also chosen as God’s own, having been predestined according to the plan of Him who works out everything by the counsel of His will,…

That has already happened.
The FULLNESS OF TIMES has NOT happened yet.

Right Divider

Body part

God's Truth

It means that no one obeys perfectly.

We are supposed to obey and even work it out and train ourselves. That is what God says and that IS OBEYING PERFECTLY. It is what Jesus commands so do it.

No one should sin in the first place.

You are not supposed to keep sinning, but if you do sin---repent and work it out.

We should obey everything the LORD wants us to. But we often fail.

We are to be sorry for our sins and REPENT OF THEM and WORK it out and TRAIN ourselves.

Now examine yourself as to why you keep going against me for preaching obedience to Christ.

Eternal life is a FREE GIFT.... accept it or perish.

Epilogue: Invitation and Warning

12 “Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

14 “Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city. 15 Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.

16 “I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star.”

17 The Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let the one who hears say, “Come!” Let the one who is thirsty come; and let the one who wishes take the free gift of the water of life.

Right Divider

Body part
We are supposed to obey and even work it out and train ourselves. That is what God says and that IS OBEYING PERFECTLY. It is what Jesus commands so do it.
But you don't obey perfectly. You are condemned by your own words.

You are not supposed to keep sinning, but if you do sin---repent and work it out.
You were never supposed to sin in the first place.

We are to be sorry for our sins and REPENT OF THEM and WORK it out and TRAIN ourselves.

Now examine yourself as to why you keep going against me for preaching obedience to Christ.
I have NEVER "gone against your for preaching obedience to Christ". You have a persecution complex.

Obedience does NOT EARN eternal life.

Epilogue: Invitation and Warning

12 “Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

14 “Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city. 15 Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.

16 “I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star.”

17 The Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let the one who hears say, “Come!” Let the one who is thirsty come; and let the one who wishes take the free gift of the water of life.
These rewards are NOT ETERNAL LIFE.