Mean TOL members

Granite

Hall of Fame
"Ok, since you opened the box here, let me ask you, would you please share with me that one defining moment when you placed yourself in Christ's hands?"

Just to jump in here real quick, but since when does someone need to pinpoint an exact moment when they got saved?

"All I need is the Spirit to guide me, He showed me that paganism, no matter how it may describe itself is still no part of a Holy God. Perhaps one day you will place your faith and trust in the One Creator God instead of docrines spawned by demons."

Funny--people say that the Spirit guided them to do any number of things. Is there ANY possibility in your mind that the Spirit speaks differently to different people? In other words, is it possible that the same Spirit draws people to totally different conclusions? Same Spirit, not the same answers.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Originally posted by granite1010

Just to jump in here real quick, but since when does someone need to pinpoint an exact moment when they got saved?

Well, this person obviously wants folks to come around to their way of thinkin'. Wouldn't it be prudent to at least hear their testimony before joining their parade?

Funny--people say that the Spirit guided them to do any number of things. Is there ANY possibility in your mind that the Spirit speaks differently to different people? In other words, is it possible that the same Spirit draws people to totally different conclusions? Same Spirit, not the same answers.

Well, that's true, which is why I asked what their testimony was. Seems "energy feeds" is being confused with the Holy Spirit in their mind. But, no, I don't believe the Holy Spirit who baptises new members into the Body is the same spirit that teaches people to use paganism to understand the God of the Bible, do you?

servent101

Nineveh
Ok, since you opened the box here, let me ask you, would you please share with me that one defining moment when you placed yourself in Christ's hands?

I will not share with you - and besides that it is not sharing I do with you - I have explained to you - that not so much with you, but withy a number of other members who post on the board here at TOL - that from my observation your faith is nothing but a neurosis - that for the most part if you cannot employ all of your psychic energy blocking out all of the common sense God gives you - that this is what you think faith is - turning the brain off and going with what is written, no matter how insane that doctrine is that is derived from the literalist or fundamental view. Think about it – if you still can.

I understand that you rejected God - the one true God, in your former pagan ways - whatever those ways were to you - but not all pagans reject the One True God in their Worship of God, some are able to see that God is One, and as well to follow Jesus - not you perhaps, or perhaps you were and were just converted to an orthodox mindset - thus twice as worthy to go to hell as when you were a Pagan. - God is your judge, not me, but from what I see you need a lot of work yet.

With Christ's Love

Servent101

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Originally posted by servent101

I will not share with you

That says more than you know.

from my observation your faith is nothing but a neurosis

I don't believe you understand the first thing about Christ or faith. Merely putting "Christ" in all of your posts only gets you as close to God as the "Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints" does.

PS servent, I became a member of the Body while reading the Bible, not when I belonged to a denomination. I had the choice to justify my beliefs or change them, I changed them. It's too bad you don't want to share your witness, most who love Christ are hard to stop when it comes to witnessing.

granite,
Did you just read servent's whole post? Does that sound anything like the Christ of Scripture to you or Spirit lead discernment? If so, please point out to me where the "new age" lingo is matching up to Scripture.

servent101

Nineveh

I will repeat myself
some are able to see that God is One, and as well to follow Jesus - not you perhaps, or perhaps you were and were just converted to an orthodox mindset - thus twice as worthy to go to hell as when you were a Pagan.

I gather you think this is new age? Or do you just have an orthodox mindset.

There is a good possibility you were more of a Christian when you were a Pagan than what you are now – not that you are not sincere – just misguided.

With Christ’s Love

Servent101

Granite

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Nineveh

That says more than you know.

I don't believe you understand the first thing about Christ or faith. Merely putting "Christ" in all of your posts only gets you as close to God as the "Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints" does.

PS servent, I became a member of the Body while reading the Bible, not when I belonged to a denomination. I had the choice to justify my beliefs or change them, I changed them. It's too bad you don't want to share your witness, most who love Christ are hard to stop when it comes to witnessing.

granite,
Did you just read servent's whole post? Does that sound anything like the Christ of Scripture to you or Spirit lead discernment? If so, please point out to me where the "new age" lingo is matching up to Scripture.

Servent may not be the most articulate thing on two legs but his post didn't strike me as particularly offensive. He just happens to disagree with you. If he started talking about heart chakras and crystals, yeah, it would have been too "New Agey" for my taste.

I don't think hearing someone's testimony establishes anything or proves a lick. Let someone's posts speak for themselves as opposed to insisting on some kind of "testimony" as though it were a job interview for being a "real" Christian.

Aimiel

It is easy to fall into the thinking that so many who are deceived by the enemy might perhaps be one person using more than one alias, but, as Nineveh observed, it is easily explained by looking at the spiritual forces that are driving them. We always need to keep in mind that they are not the enemy, the spirit(s) behind them is. When one loans their members to the enemy, they are his servant. Whether they profess to walk in Christ's Love or whether they truly do not is evident in their fruit, or lack therof.

Granite

Hall of Fame
"But, no, I don't believe the Holy Spirit who baptises new members into the Body is the same spirit that teaches people to use paganism to understand the God of the Bible, do you?"

Well, not to split hairs, but "paganism" means different things to different people. So, I guess the answer would be: it depends.

On Fire

I am posting for myself - no other name out there except for me.

Nothing on me.

With Christ's Love

Servent101

Look here....it's a post by !!!!FIrst but signed Servent101:

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=537885#post537885

Akido7

quote:
...the awful secret is that his name was actually Yeshua.

- that actually is a nice secret - the awful secret is that Jesus is a horrible sounding name - the JJJ --eeee the JJJJ eeeeee and then the sssss - the tones are not good vibrations - despite how much love people say the name with - which does help a little, the name itself is not right sounding for a Person such as Yashua.

The meditative sounds such as [a] as in father, [o] as in home - these are good vibrations - conducive to meditation - but for the English translation of the Lord's name - well there are worse sounding names, but not many.

With Christ's Love

Servent101

C

cattyfan

Look here....it's a post by !!!!FIrst but signed Servent101:

http://www.theologyonline.com/forum...7885#post537885

Akido7

quote:
...the awful secret is that his name was actually Yeshua.

- that actually is a nice secret - the awful secret is that Jesus is a horrible sounding name - the JJJ --eeee the JJJJ eeeeee and then the sssss - the tones are not good vibrations - despite how much love people say the name with - which does help a little, the name itself is not right sounding for a Person such as Yashua.

The meditative sounds such as [a] as in father, [o] as in home - these are good vibrations - conducive to meditation - but for the English translation of the Lord's name - well there are worse sounding names, but not many.

With Christ's Love

Servent101

well, that certainly answers a lot of questions.

servent101

Aimiel
It is easy to fall into the thinking that so many who are deceived by the enemy might perhaps be one person using more than one alias, but, as Nineveh observed, it is easily explained by looking at the spiritual forces that are driving them. We always need to keep in mind that they are not the enemy, the spirit(s) behind them is. When one loans their members to the enemy, they are his servant. Whether they profess to walk in Christ's Love or whether they truly do not is evident in their fruit, or lack therof.

And we are in agreement here - just that you seem to think your posts are evident of the fruit of the Spirit - just goes to show that everyone thinks they are right - but let's not pick on us - lets pick on PureX for a while, and show a little Christian unity.

And yes I know what a ridiculous statement that is - just trying to see if anyone who is here has any humor in them or is it all lapsed into grab and bite anything that you can.

With Christ's Love

Servent101

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Come on, AtheistsSuck! Just because ????Ferst has similar ideas as servent101 and occasionally signs his posts as servent101 and posts from the same IP address as servent101, does that mean they're the same person? :chuckle:

Nineveh

Merely Christian

I will repeat myself

I gather you think this is new age? Or do you just have an orthodox mindset.

There is a good possibility you were more of a Christian when you were a Pagan than what you are now – not that you are not sincere – just misguided.

Ok, so tell me then, which "orthodoxy" am I part of?

Nineveh

Merely Christian

Servent may not be the most articulate thing on two legs but his post didn't strike me as particularly offensive. He just happens to disagree with you. If he started talking about heart chakras and crystals, yeah, it would have been too "New Agey" for my taste.

I don't think hearing someone's testimony establishes anything or proves a lick. Let someone's posts speak for themselves as opposed to insisting on some kind of "testimony" as though it were a job interview for being a "real" Christian.

I was merely interested from where this "energy feed" of servent's originates. I feel that is a fair question, one which servent doesn't feel compelled to share. So I'll leave the believing servent's "energy feed" is really the Holy Spirit up to you.

Nineveh

Merely Christian

Well, not to split hairs, but "paganism" means different things to different people. So, I guess the answer would be: it depends.

I define paganism as any deity outside of the Creator God spoken of in Scripture. On what do you base discernment if you aren't really sure what is what?

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Originally posted by Turbo

Come on, AtheistsSuck! Just because ????Ferst has similar ideas as servent101 and occasionally signs his posts as servent101 and posts from the same IP address as servent101, does that mean they're the same person? :chuckle:

Except now it says:

Originally posted by !!!!First

Akido7 - that actually is a nice secret - the awful secret is that Jesus is a horrible sounding name - the JJJ --eeee the JJJJ eeeeee and then the sssss - the tones are not good vibrations - despite how much love people say the name with - which does help a little, the name itself is not right sounding for a Person such as Yashua.

!!!!First

Last edited by !!!!First on 06-07-2004 at 02:24 PM

OOOOOOOOOOoooooh blew servent's coverrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. :)