Marijuana legalization: LESS government?

WizardofOz

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 6 (2 members and 5 guests)
aCultureWarrior, WizardofOz

He was here a second ago but he hasn't replied. Where did he run off to? :think:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I write actually wrote the employee policy/handbook here. I hope they don't get injured on the job because I would drug test immediately for any possible insurance/workman's comp case.

Here's an interesting article about loss time and accidents due to drug abuse.

September 2010 Report: 21.8 million Americans age 12 or older used illegal drugs in the past month, up from 19.7 million in 2006. million Americans used drugs in the past month. The highest age percentage for illicit drug use is 18 to 21. This represents 8.7 percent of the population. The most abused illicit drug is marijuana with 14.6 million drug users. On a regular basis,.2.4 million Americans use cocaine.

*32% of workers stated a co-workers drug/alcohol use affected their job performance. When an employee is impaired on the job, the company has not only lost one productive employee, but in fact has dramatically reduced the productivity of all the other workers who they interact with. Drug use in the workplace has a ripple effect. Not only is productivity reduced, but company morale is negatively impacted, causing good employees to leave the company to avoid drug impaired co-workers.

*Workplace drug use. An October 29, 2010 report from urine drug testing company Quest Diagnostics found 8 percent of full-time workers and 11.5 percent of part-time workers were current drug abusers. US Department of Labor studies in 2006 found much higher worker drug abuse rates in the food services, construction and durable goods sectors. One of the biggest changes in workplace drug use is the switch to prescription drugs. A 2008 report by Quest Diagnostic found more workers are now testing positive for prescription drugs than cocaine and methamphetamine combined!

*Semi-tractor trailer truck drivers test positive for drugs. A 2007 study conducted in Oregon by the state police found nearly ten percent of randomly selected truck drivers tested positive for drugs, with both marijuana and methamphetamine rates higher than in similar checks in 1998. Federal government data shows drug use among truckers to be much lower than ten percent so what accounts for the discrepancy? A 2007 study by the Government Accounting Office (GAO) found it is easy to beat the mandatory urine drug test. Congressman Jim Oberstar, chairman of the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee, who asked GAO to investigate, said the report was “frankly astonishing, shocking and dismaying. You can manipulate the tests, you can mask substance abuse and go undetected on the roadways.”

*Non-professional drivers drug use. Sales people and other non-professional drivers operating a company car also put their employers and the public at risk while driving with drugs in their system. A November 30, 2010 National Highway Traffic Safety Administration federal report showed 18 percent of fatally injured drivers tested positive for illicit drugs, an increase from 2005 to 2009. A self-reported study from the National Institute of Drug Abuse found 35.4% of drivers age 21-25 admitted driving while abusing more than one impairing drugs. A Northwestern University study of 200 Chicago area traffic crashes found 54% of non-professional drivers were poly-drug users and none of the cases were detected by police investigating the crash!

*Impact of employee drug use: Workers who reported current illicit drug use were more likely to have worked for three or more employers in the past year and to have higher rates of unexcused absence and voluntary turnover in the past year than those who did not report drug use.

*Company Drug Policy Matters: Workers whose employer did not have a written drug policy were about twice as likely to report they used illicit drugs in the past month as employers with written policies about drug use."
http://drugrecognition.com/Use Statistics.htm

Do like my 2nd bestest friend in the whoooole wide world does, just say NO! to drugs.

(Now if we could only get Eran from pushing these harmful drugs onto society).

WizardofOz

Here's an interesting article about loss time and accidents due to drug abuse. cut and paste dodge
FTFY
(Now if we could only get Eran from pushing these harmful drugs onto society).

How am I "pushing these harmful drugs onto society"?

Let's add it to the list:
aCW - are you a dope smoker? When is the last time you've smoked dope?
aCW - do you use tobacco?
aCW - have you ever engaged in homosexual activity?
aCW - Where do you work and what is their drug policy?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
How am I "pushing these harmful drugs onto society"?

My bad Eran, I thought that you were for the full legalization of marijuana and the decriminalization of other drugs like heroin (making it legal to have a certain amount of heroin for personal consumption like they do in your beloved Portugal).

I guess we have nothing else to talk about if you're not for the above.

WizardofOz

My bad Eran, I thought that you were for the full legalization of marijuana and the decriminalization of other drugs like heroin (making it legal to have a certain amount of heroin for personal consumption like they do in your beloved Portugal).

If you're for cigarettes remaining legal, does that mean that you're pushing them on society?

I guess we have nothing else to talk about if you're not for the above.

On the contrary! There is plenty more to discuss....

Unanswered Questions
  • aCW - are you a dope smoker? When is the last time you've smoked dope?
Inquiring minds need to know.

Indeed

Arthur Brain

If you're for cigarettes remaining legal, does that mean that you're pushing them on society?

On the contrary! There is plenty more to discuss....

Unanswered Questions
  • aCW - are you a dope smoker? When is the last time you've smoked dope?

One can only wonder why he's so reticent to answer...

:think:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
One can only wonder why he's so reticent to answer...

:think:

Yeah, I'm not just wondering anymore ;)

What a surprise, the dynamic duo is back together again.

barney-frank-ron-paul-legalize-pot.jpg

WizardofOz

And still no answer from Captain Courageous there. Should have placed bets on this...

I just linked it to my signature.

They are there anytime you muster the courage a culture *ahem* warrior (see :chicken:)

It wouldn't be bad if he wasn't demanding that I or others answer the same questions. What an absolute fraud.

Arthur Brain

I just linked it to my signature.

They are there anytime you muster the courage a culture *ahem* warrior (see :chicken:)

It wouldn't be bad if he wasn't demanding that I or others answer the same questions.

:chuckle:

I think we should lay odds on what his next *response* is going to consist of. Will it be:

A: A long rambling cut 'n' paste article?
B: A dumb witless insult with possibly a pic attached?
C: A sleazy implication about other posters?
D: An outright lie about other posters?
E: Log out
F: A combination of 2 or more of the above?

Place your bets now!

WizardofOz

I think we should lay odds on what his next *response* is going to consist of. Will it be:

E: A combination of 2 or more of the above?

Place your bets now!

:D I just noted some of his avoidance maneuvers in the Philip Seymour Hoffman thread:

Your avoidance is becoming more and more desperate. Once in damage control mode, cut and paste large articles, respond to other threads and/or post multiple replies one after another in an effort to bury the unanswered post(s)t help than gone to prison. Pretty much moot either way :idunno:

WizardofOz

I've noticed that you won't answer a simple question:

"Are you a dope smoker"?

Speaking of which:

I asked my 2nd bestest friend in the whooooole wide world a couple of questions that he hasn't returned to answer.

Eran/Wizard of Oz:

Are you a dope smoker, and if your answer is no, why not?

Does the hotel that you work at have a no recreational drug policy, and if so, why do you think that is?

When you return, we can finish up talking about decriminalizing heroin, as based on your posts in the Philip Seymour Hoffman thread, it sounds like you're for it.
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98964

One would think that peope with simple minds would be able to answer simple questions.

:rotfl:

Yellow is by far the most appropriate color

zoo22

E: Log out
F: A combination of 2 or more of the above?

Place your bets now!

He might do that weird thing he does where he stretches out words, like, "Arrrrrrrrthurrr."

I file that under G: Be creepy.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
He might do that weird thing he does where he stretches out words, like, Arrrrrrrrthurrr.

I file that under G: Be creepy.

Wecolme to the thread my little eggnostic friiiiiiiend.

Are you a defender of recreational drug use as well as the other immoral behaviors that you hold so very close to your eggnostic pea pickin heart?