ECT Madists are closet Calvinists

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyc

You are changing the subject, to deflect from the fact you are wrong.

When did he receive the Spirit?

Go back and read about the promise to Abraham. It's about becoming children of God by the Spirit of adoption. The promise of the Spirit makes us children of God. A multitude of nations.

You are nowhere scripturally.

SaulToPaul 2

Go back and read about the promise to Abraham. It's about becoming children of God by the Spirit of adoption. The promise of the Spirit makes us children of God. A multitude of nations.

You are nowhere scripturally.

andyc is getting picked apart, and all I am doing is quoting the scripture, which cannot be refuted.

andyc

Changing the subject again.

Christ received the promised Spirit by HIS faith.

Irrefutable.

Accept it.

Nope. Jesus walked in the power of the Holy Spirit, but he did not need the Holy Spirit to become a Son. He was the Son. And this is the passage context of the passage.

I can see why you're fighting it to death, because you want to claim Christ's faith as your own. Nope, not scriptural.

SaulToPaul 2

Nope. Jesus walked in the power of the Holy Spirit, but he did not need the Holy Spirit to become a Son. He was the Son. And this is the passage context of the passage.

I can see why you're fighting it to death, because you want to claim Christ's faith as your own. Nope, not scriptural.

Changing the subject again.

Christ received the promised Spirit by HIS faith.

Irrefutable.

Accept it.

andyc

andyc is getting picked apart, and all I am doing is quoting the scripture, which cannot be refuted.

Ok let's ask you a simple question.
What is the purpose of receiving the Spirit in relation to the promise to Abraham, as explained in the passage you're using?

andyc

Changing the subject.

It's not changing the Subject. You are refusing to acknowledge that the promise of the Spirit to us is concerning our becoming children of God.

Jesus used the power of the Holy Spirit for ministry. This had nothing to do with the promise to Abraham. Jesus was already a Son.

I know it devastates your pet theory. That's why you're fighting it.
You won't link the promise to Abraham with spiritual sonship. That's where I've exposed you and MAD.

Cross Reference

That is easy to take as an "I don't know" __ which I believe can be your only answer.

<suffer in your willful ignorance because of which you will never understand>

andyc

Ok let's ask you a simple question.
What is the purpose of receiving the Spirit in relation to the promise to Abraham, as explained in the passage you're using?

Do you see how MADists will dodge this?
They cannot bring themselves to acknowledge that the promise of the Spirit is to make us sons of God, and fulfill the promise to Abraham.
Any christian in the world of any denomination will understand this.

Cross Reference

Do you see how MADists will dodge this?
They cannot bring themselves to acknowledge that the promise of the Spirit is to make us sons of God, and fulfill the promise to Abraham.
Any christian in the world of any denomination will understand this.

Absolutely! Paul had it as 101 understanding.

andyc

Absolutely! Paul had it as 101 understanding.

The reason they're denying it is because they don't want to be accountable. On the surface it sounds humble to acknowledge that it is not their faith that they live by, it's Christ's faith. But in reality its for accountability reasons. If it's nothing to do with their faith, God will only acknowledge Christ's faith, leaving them to live a lifestyle with zero accountability. Gnosticism.

Cross Reference

The reason they're denying it is because they don't want to be accountable. On the surface it sounds humble to acknowledge that it is not their faith that they live by, it's Christ's faith. But in reality its for accountability reasons. If it's nothing to do with their faith, God will only acknowledge Christ's faith, leaving them to live a lifestyle with zero accountability. Gnosticism.

Gotcha! I understand where you are coming from. Sorry I didn't pick up on that truth.

I hope you understand my perspective as a truth.

john w

Hall of Fame

He is being bloodied, on the mat, in a heap, his only defense being, "Well, at least I lasted a round against the great STP, and my minions will arrive shortly, to re-pump me up with some more mysticism, and stock cliches, and grunts, and snorts...."

Status
Not open for further replies.