ECT Madists are closet Calvinists

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyc

No it isn't.
For the KJB says "faith in Christ" in many places.

"Faith of" is used in other places also.

Philippians 1:27 Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel

Paul's not saying "faith in the gospel", is he?

Colossians 2:12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

Faith of the operation of God? The operation of God has faith?

It's old English. Accept it.

Cross Reference

ASV
Galatians 2:16 yet knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, even we believed on Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ, and not by the works of the law: because by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

NIV
Galatians 2:16 know that a man is not justified by observing the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by observing the law, because by observing the law no-one will be justified.

RSV
Galatians 2:16 yet who know that a man is not justified by works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, in order to be justified by faith in Christ, and not by works of the law, because by works of the law shall no one be justified.

NKJV
Galatians 2:16 "knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified.

It's a show of desperation when a religious group depends on Elizabethan English in order to embrace a stupid theory.

"in' and "of' Is why I make a distinction between simply saved and being born again. Do a review of the passages in the OE to see that they saw it that way.

This is why I believe the KJV is the only inspired translation. It really presents us a challenge for insight by the Holy Spirit.

SaulToPaul 2

This should settle the faith OF Christ issue once and for all:

How is the promise received?

Galatians 3:22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

Who was the promise made unto?

Galatians 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Galatians 3:19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator

The promise was made to the seed, Christ, and received by his faith.

How do we get it??

Galatians 3:22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

andyc

andycain: It's a show of desperation when a religious group, such as andycain's, depends on:

- "Koine" Greek, which they cannot read/write/understand/speak, and a language that even Greeks no longer speak today,

-"the modern English," which does not exist, as there is no such thing as "modern," as languages, by definition, become "archaic" every day........

Wussup wit dat? My bad....Snuff the punk....

-a demand that LORD God, talkto them, like they talk to their buddies, on their cell phone,...........

....in order to make the bible fit/agree with/support their stupid theory, and, if it does not, theyy will correct the source authority, or find one, that does.

So there.

Bible correctors, like andycain, are the final authority.

Contrasts, between andycain, and bible believers.

Desperate.

Cross Reference

Those intimate with Him.

Galatians 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Galatians 3:19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator

How do we get it??

What I see is a challenge to you to make sure you are a "believer". Which should raise the question of intimacy within you.

john w

Hall of Fame
ASV...NIV...RSV..NKJV

Translated: There has to be some source authority that supports/validates/agrees with my "doctrine." If it does not, I will find one that does agree with what I'm trying to "prove."

Have you checked out "The Cotton Patch" "bible," or "The Reader's Digest Condensed" "version" of the "bible," yet?

How about "The Sports Version" "bible?" Here is a sample:

"In the beginning, man, the man really stepped it up....."

andyc

LOL

Christ is not the inheritor of the promise, but the instigator of it on our behalf. He is the life giver. Christ was not the one in need of the promise, we are. Good grief.

How do we get it??

Old English for "faith in".

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

How do we get it??

Excellent!!

SaulToPaul 2

Christ is not the inheritor of the promise, but the instigator of it on our behalf. He is the life giver. Christ was not the one in need of the promise, we are. Good grief.

vs.

Holy Bible

andyc punts because he disagrees with the Bible

Cross Reference

I'll be glad to listen if you tell me how much evidence I need to prove that I have intimacy.

Is it not revealed to your heart?

Let me ask this on penalty of ridicule: Are you open to the Pentecost of Act 2? Acts 10? Acts 19? which has a STRONG result revealed in 1 John 2?

andyc

Translated: There has to be some source authority that supports/validates/agrees with my "doctrine." If it does not, I will find one that does agree with what I'm trying to "prove."

Have you checked out "The Cotton Patch" "bible," or "The Reader's Digest Condensed" "version" of the "bible," yet?

How about "The Sports Version" "bible?" Here is a sample:

"In the beginning, man, the man really stepped it up....."

It has a certain type of hooterville creativity.

john w

Hall of Fame

...andycain, below, always thinking that someone is always trying to gyp him out of his "Blow Pops," or "sgetti".............

268728_274f9bea7aa7f7711aa45cf626de54a1_large.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.