ECT MADist thought for the day

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyc

You obviously do not want to respond to any of my question over the last 2 years. .I can see why you're avoiding the obvious.

So there-I just one upped you. You taught me that head scratcher.

Chapter and verse where the LORD God demands that I answer any and all questions, especially from lost people, like yourself.

I will wait. You can't.

I answer all the time when challenged. Now its your turn.

Paul said that they received his gospel and they were standing in it by faith.

Do you accept this?

andyc

Of course, That isn't what I said. You didn't read the post. I said where they placed there emphasis. Show me where Peter and the 12 preached the death burial and resurrection as the core of the gospel.

Peter preached;

Acts 2
37 Now when they heard this, they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Men and brethren, what shall we do?”
38 Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
39 For the promise is to you and to your children, and to all who are afar off, as many as the Lord our God will call.”

Paul preached;

1 Corinthians 15
1 Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand,
2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you—unless you believed in vain.
3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures,

Ive shown you where both Peter and Paul preached repentance, baptism, and Christ's death burial and resurrection.

In fact Paul said to Peter.....

Gal 2:14-21
But when I saw that they were not straightforward about the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter before them all, "If you, being a Jew, live in the manner of Gentiles and not as the Jews, why do you compel Gentiles to live as Jews? "We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles, "knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified. "But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is Christ therefore a minister of sin? Certainly not! "For if I build again those things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. "For I through the law died to the law that I might live to God. "I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. "I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain."

Paul stated that both he and Peter were justified by faith. The strength of the law is sin, and so to sin is to be condemned by the law. Faith in Christ removes the condemnation, otherwise Christ died in vain.

NewDay

Of course, That isn't what I said. You didn't read the post. I said where they placed there emphasis. Show me where Peter and the 12 preached the death burial and resurrection as the core of the gospel.

Peter preached;

Acts 2
37 Now when they heard this, they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Men and brethren, what shall we do?”
38 Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
39 For the promise is to you and to your children, and to all who are afar off, as many as the Lord our God will call.”

Paul preached;

1 Corinthians 15
1 Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand,
2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you—unless you believed in vain.
3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures,

Here are a few places where Peter preaches the dbr through the emphasis you are seeking:

1 Pe 1:3 Blessed [be] the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

and, the outcome:

1Pe 1:4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,

1 Pe 1:11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

1 Pe 1:18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, [as] silver and gold, from your vain conversation [received] by tradition from your fathers;

1Pe 1:19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

1Pe 1:20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

1Pe 1:21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.

Which he himself said was the gospel preached to us all:

1 Pe 1:25 But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

Can you show me where Peter said 'another gospel' outside of the dbr is the gospel he preached? Nope.

If I were you, I would begin to read the bible, and leave the teachings of men on the shelf. You have already been shown that Paul likewise preached and emphasised repentance and baptism. It is all a part of the same message, via the new covenant.

It is not wise to divide the word of truth as men have on this board.

NewDay

:p
Yes

Acts 2, Acts 3:14-18, Acts 4:10, Acts 5:30-32, Acts 10:34-42

There is no difference

1Pet 3:21-22
There is also an antitype which now saves us——baptism (not the removal of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God), through the resurrection of Jesus Christ, who has gone into heaven and is at the right hand of God, angels and authorities and powers having been made subject to Him.

Peter is talking about being baptised and raised with Christ.

Romans 6:3-5 Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death?
Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. For if we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we also shall be in the likeness of His resurrection,

Paul is talking about being baptised and raised with Christ.

:p I love truth.

NewDay

Ive shown you where both Peter and Paul preached repentance, baptism, and Christ's death burial and resurrection.

In fact Paul said to Peter.....

Gal 2:14-21
But when I saw that they were not straightforward about the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter before them all, "If you, being a Jew, live in the manner of Gentiles and not as the Jews, why do you compel Gentiles to live as Jews? "We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles, "knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified. "But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is Christ therefore a minister of sin? Certainly not! "For if I build again those things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. "For I through the law died to the law that I might live to God. "I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. "I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain."

Paul stated that both he and Peter were justified by faith. The strength of the law is sin, and so to sin is to be condemned by the law. Faith in Christ removes the condemnation, otherwise Christ died in vain.

:chuckle:...can you imagine Jesus giving another 'gospel' to Peter, that is accursed, and good news at the same time?

:spam: teachers.

Edit to add. I was sent a neg rep for this post by Angel4, and called "scam teacher"

Why? I have no clue. If she believes that Paul and Peter both preached the same gospel, she should agree with this post. If she does not believe they taught the same gospel, well, then she is the scam teacher. There is only one gospel that can save.

Last edited:

Paulos

If Paul preached a gospel that was at variance with the gospel that was preached by the Twelve, he would have said so. But he did not. Rather, he said this:

1 Cor 1:10-13, 3:1-4, 11, 21-23, 4:6, 15:11
Now I plead with you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all agree and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment. For it has been declared to me that there are contentions among you. What I mean is that each one of you says "I follow Paul" or "I follow Peter". Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul? But I, brethren, could not address you as spiritual men, but as men of the flesh, as infants in Christ. For when one says, "I follow Paul", or "I follow Apollos", are you not carnal? For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ, so let no one boast of men. For all things are yours, whether Paul or Apollos or Peter. And you are Christ's, and Christ is God's. This is how one should regard us: as servants of Christ and stewards of the mysteries of God, that none of you may be puffed up in favor of one against another...Therefore whether it were I or they, so we preach, and so you believed.​

john w

Hall of Fame
Lets see them.
I haven't got time to go and read two chapters and try to figure out your warped interpretations.

Wow! You continue to bedazzle all of us, and now you've come up with another stumper, "I haven't got time," that has never been employed in the history of mankind. Where do you come up with these shockers?

john w

Hall of Fame

Paul said that they received his gospel and they were standing in it by faith.

Do you accept this?

Still think people are trying to gyp you out of your Ho Ho's, eh sport?

You obviously do not want to respond to any of my question over the last 2 years. .I can see why you're avoiding the obvious.

Chapter and verse where the LORD God demands that I answer any and all questions, especially from lost people, like yourself.

I will wait. You can't.

andyc

Still think people are trying to gyp you out of your Ho Ho's, eh sport?

I will wait. You can't.

Wow! You continue to bedazzle all of us, and now you've come up with another stumper, "I haven't got time," that has never been employed in the history of mankind. Where do you come up with these shockers?

fbx27p.jpg

NewDay

If Paul preached a gospel that was at variance with the gospel that was preached by the Twelve, he would have said so. But he did not. Rather, he said this:

1 Cor 1:10-13, 3:1-4, 11, 21-23, 4:6, 15:11
Now I plead with you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all agree and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment. For it has been declared to me that there are contentions among you. What I mean is that each one of you says "I follow Paul" or "I follow Peter". Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul? But I, brethren, could not address you as spiritual men, but as men of the flesh, as infants in Christ. For when one says, "I follow Paul", or "I follow Apollos", are you not carnal? For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ, so let no one boast of men. For all things are yours, whether Paul or Apollos or Peter. And you are Christ's, and Christ is God's. This is how one should regard us: as servants of Christ and stewards of the mysteries of God, that none of you may be puffed up in favor of one against another...Therefore whether it were I or they, so we preach, and so you believed.​

:cool:

Have you noticed they won't explain how an 'accursed' gospel can be good news?

LOL...it is like saying that the law/which is the legal way to curse all men, is good news for those who are cursed by it.:shut:

They need to understand what the word 'accursed' means..and, come to realise it is NOT good news/gospel.

john w

Hall of Fame
If you think I am going to encourage your error, you are way off.

I will encourage you, as my brother IN CHRIST, to learn to put off the fleshly teachings you hold to.

"put off the fleshly teachings you hold to"

Translated: The Lord Jesus Christ walking as a man on earth, being born in a human body, The cross, the resurrection,................................................................... are "fleshly teachings."

You deceiving troll-ette.

Status
Not open for further replies.