ECT MADist thought for the day

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewDay

Luke 24:18-27
18 Then the one whose name was Cleopas answered and said to Him, "Are You the only stranger in Jerusalem, and have You not known the things which happened there in these days?" 19 And He said to them, "What things?" So they said to Him, "The things concerning Jesus of Nazareth, who was a Prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people, 20 "and how the chief priests and our rulers delivered Him to be condemned to death, and crucified Him. 21 "But we were hoping that it was He who was going to redeem Israel. Indeed, besides all this, today is the third day since these things happened. 22 "Yes, and certain women of our company, who arrived at the tomb early, astonished us. 23 "When they did not find His body, they came saying that they had also seen a vision of angels who said He was alive. 24 "And certain of those who were with us went to the tomb and found it just as the women had said; but Him they did not see." 25 Then He said to them, "O foolish ones, and slow of heart to believe in all that the prophets have spoken! 26 "Ought not the Christ to have suffered these things and to enter into His glory?" 27 And beginning at Moses and all the Prophets, He expounded to them in all the Scriptures the things concerning Himself.

Why would Jesus criticize people for not understanding things that you say were hidden from them by God?

:bang: hehe, especially when they had the very scriptures that spoke these things...it was not hidden to them at all. The only thing hidden was that God was going to put all men into ONE body, via the cross. Making one new man.

It is written throughout the old covenant scriptures that Jesus must die, as a Lamb to the slaughter, etc...the one and same message/gospel.

andyc

"This is not the gospel that Paul preached to them."-andycain

What a mess.

Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Read it, loser-the point was resurrection:

12 Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?

13 But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:

14 And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.

15 Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not.

16 For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised:

17 And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.

What was the gospel that Paul preached to them?
Did Paul say that they believed this gospel?

john w

Hall of Fame
:bang: hehe, especially when they had the very scriptures that spoke these things...it was not hidden to them at all. The only thing hidden was that God was going to put all men into ONE body, via the cross. Making one new man.

It is written throughout the old covenant scriptures that Jesus must die, as a Lamb to the slaughter, etc...the one and same message/gospel.

"hehe, especially when they had the very scriptures that spoke these things...it was not hidden to them at all. The only thing hidden was that God was going to put all men into ONE body, via the cross. Making one new man."-NewScam

You made that up, you deceiving troll-ette:

"Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished. For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on: And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again. And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken." Luke 18:31-34 KJV

John 18 KJV
10 Then Simon Peter having a sword drew it, and smote the high priest's servant, and cut off his right ear. The servant's name was Malchus.

NewScam: Peter preached 1 Cor. 15:1-5 KJV prior to the Lord's death! He knew that 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV would save Him! He knew about the Lord's death coming up, and knew that His death would reconcile him! He only tried to prevent the Lord's death here in John 18 because he had a few bottles of Ripple in him!

"It is written throughout the old covenant scriptures that Jesus must die, as a Lamb to the slaughter, etc...the one and same message/gospel"-NewScam

Yes, it was written, you deceiving Tabitha, but it was hid from them, and satan and his minions, and you have been shown that, and why, but you reject it, because your MO on this site is deception, and lies, like your father before you.

Read it, brat:

Again-only later:
"Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures, And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day...." Luke 24:45-46 KJV

"For as yet they knew not the scripture, that he must rise again from the dead." John 20:9 KJV

They did not know, it or understand it prior to His death! They were not preaching 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV.

_______________-

"hehe, especially when they had the very scriptures that spoke these things...it was not hidden to them at all. "-NewScam

vs.

"Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished. For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on: And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again. And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken." Luke 18:31-34 KJV

"For as yet they knew not the scripture, that he must rise again from the dead." John 20:9 KJV

Contrasts.

andyc

I gave you chapter and verse, for you to go wash your brain in, that any sane man and a 6 year old,can understand, showing...:

- that the 12, while preaching "the gospel of the kingdom" for 3 years,at that time, knew NADA about impending death, burial, resurrection, prior to its occurrence-1 Cor. 15-1-4 KJV-death, burial, resurrection-"the" gospel -it was hid from them. And yet, they were preaching the gospel of the kingdom.

-That Peter attempted to prevent the Lord's death-death, burial, resurrection-1 Cor. 15-1-4 KJV-death, burial, resurrection.And yet, Peter was preaching the gospel of the kingdom.

-Even after the resurrection, the 11 did not initially believe it. 1 Cor. 15-1-4 KJV-death, burial, resurrection

"but they didn't because their theology was messed up"-andycain

Made up. It was hid from them, and from satan and his gang.

And what do we get from you? Mutterings...grunts...snorts...In my opinion.....and a craft dismissal......Well, you see, their theology was messed up, you see, uh, urr........

Made up-it was hid from them.

Why don't you explain to us from the gospels what exactly is the gospel of the kingdom that Jesus and his disciples preached?

And please, I don't need a thesis. Some people have a life.

john w

Hall of Fame
What was the gospel that Paul preached to them?
Did Paul say that they believed this gospel?

Now, which word did you not understand?

Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Read it:"how that...."
Read it, loser-the point was resurrection:

12 Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?

13 But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:

14 And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.

15 Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not.

16 For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised:

17 And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why don't you explain to us from the gospels what exactly is the gospel of the kingdom that Jesus and his disciples preached?

The Gospel that Peter taught. Repent and be baptized for the forgiveness of sins.

andyc

Now, which word did you not understand?

Paul said that they received his gospel and they were standing in it by faith.

Do you accept this?

john w

Hall of Fame

You've been shown for years, lost one, what "the gospel of the kingdom" is; and you have been shown, chapter and verse, that is is not equivalent to 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, as "gospel" merely means "good news." The context tells you what "good news" is being discussed.

"Some people have a life"-andycain

Got me again, you pervert, with that zinger. Yes, your life is at Taco Bell, and your "domestic partner," isn't it, loser?

So there.

john w

Hall of Fame
Paul said that they received his gospel and they were standing in it by faith.

Do you accept this?

You missed it-I stay on topic-in vain....resurrection.

Raise the dead, per "the" gospel of Mt. 10 ff, Luke 9 ff.

andyc

You've been shown for years, lost one, what "the gospel of the kingdom" is; and you have been shown, chapter and verse, that is is not equivalent to 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, as "gospel" merely means "good news." The context tells you what "good news" is being discussed.

"Some people have a life"-andycain

Got me again, you pervert, with that zinger. Yes, your life is at Taco Bell, and your "domestic partner," isn't it, loser?

So there.

I'd like to see you point out from the gospels where the gospel of the kingdom is preached. If its the good news regarding the kingdom, Paul also preached the same gospel (Acts 28:30-31).

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Paul also preached repentance (Acts 26:20) and he baptized (Acts 16:15, 16: 33).

Paul also preached the death burial and resurrection. Did Peter and the eleven? The difference lies in where each placed the emphasis of his preaching

NewDay

Paul also preached the death burial and resurrection. Did Peter and the eleven? The difference lies in where each placed the emphasis of his preaching

The prophets of old taught it, why would you think Peter and the 12 didnt?

If I showed you the verses would you believe them?

john w

Hall of Fame
I'd like to see you point out from the gospels where the gospel of the kingdom is preached. If its the good news regarding the kingdom, Paul also preached the same gospel (Acts 28:30-31).

You've been shown for years, loser.

Mt. 10 ff. Luke 9 ff..............and others, spin master.

john w

Hall of Fame
I didn't miss it. You don't want to respond.

I can see why you're avoiding the obvious.

You missed it-I stay on topic-in vain....resurrection.

Raise the dead, per "the" gospel of Mt. 10 ff, Luke 9 ff.

"I didn't miss it. You don't want to respond....I can see why you're avoiding the obvious."-andycain

Yes you did. Do not confuse your lack of reading comprehension skills, and spiritual discernment, per 2 Cor. 4:4 KJV, 1 Cor. 2:14 KJV, with any alleged failure on my part to address the question.

You obviously do not want to respond to any of my question over the last 2 years. .I can see why you're avoiding the obvious.

So there-I just one upped you. You taught me that head scratcher.

Chapter and verse where the LORD God demands that I answer any and all questions, especially from lost people, like yourself.

I will wait. You can't.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Of course, That isn't what I said. You didn't read the post. I said where they placed there emphasis. Show me where Peter and the 12 preached the death burial and resurrection as the core of the gospel.

Peter preached;

Acts 2
37 Now when they heard this, they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Men and brethren, what shall we do?”
38 Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
39 For the promise is to you and to your children, and to all who are afar off, as many as the Lord our God will call.”

Paul preached;

1 Corinthians 15
1 Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand,
2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you—unless you believed in vain.
3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures,

john w

Hall of Fame

Made up.

"hehe, especially when they had the very scriptures that spoke these things...it was not hidden to them at all. ...The prophets of old taught it, why would you think Peter and the 12 didnt?"-NewScam

vs.

The prophets couldn't even figure it out, troll-ette:

1 Peter KJV
10 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:

11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

12 Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.

Read it-they could not figure it out when they wrote of it-later...""are now"

Contrasts. You have not studied the book, you ignorant troll-ette-no other option. You make things up on the fly, fraud-ette.

andyc

Paul also preached the death burial and resurrection. Did Peter and the eleven?

Yes

Acts 2, Acts 3:14-18, Acts 4:10, Acts 5:30-32, Acts 10:34-42

The difference lies in where each placed the emphasis of his preaching

There is no difference

1Pet 3:21-22
There is also an antitype which now saves us——baptism (not the removal of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God), through the resurrection of Jesus Christ, who has gone into heaven and is at the right hand of God, angels and authorities and powers having been made subject to Him.

Peter is talking about being baptised and raised with Christ.

Romans 6:3-5 Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death?
Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. For if we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we also shall be in the likeness of His resurrection,

Paul is talking about being baptised and raised with Christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.