ECT MADist thought for the day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
There's no mumbo jumbo about being born again.

God awakens our spirit...it is quickened, given life. Some people surrender their wills to the Lord better than others, so changes don't happen on some prescribed schedule. Some spend their whole life-time being chastened and led into maturity. Others, surrender more easily. We're all different, just as our own children are different. It's an on-going, never-ending process by which we grow and mature in the Lord.

There is a way to speed up the process, and that's to spend a lot of time in the Word of God....there is no better discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart than that. Through reading the Word, we see where we need to let go of sins and attitudes we didn't even know we had.

Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Lest you think I'm saying we can do this by our own efforts, I'll add this verse. We, through the Spirit, mortify the deeds of the body. We can't do a thing unless we're helped every step of the way by the Spirit that dwells in us.

Romans 8:13
For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
My only comment on this is that though these things that you have explained may be true, it is important to explore whether or not a person can say they were saved at a particular point in time.

glorydaz

My only comment on this is that though these things that you have explained may be true, it is important to explore whether or not a person can say they were saved at a particular point in time.

Good question. I can only go by my own experience and that of others who have shared theirs with me. Most can say exactly when they were born again. It becomes our testimony, and one we love to share with others. I can remember that Day of Salvation as though it was yesterday. At the time, though, I wasn't sure what it was called or why it had come about, but other believers quickly shared scriptures which made it clear.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Good question. I can only go by my own experience and that of others who have shared theirs with me. Most can say exactly when they were born again. It becomes our testimony, and one we love to share with others. I can remember that Day of Salvation as though it was yesterday. At the time, though, I wasn't sure what it was called or why it had come about, but other believers quickly shared scriptures which made it clear.
I was four or five and realized that pretending to be asleep for a nap when my parents came in to check on me (the agreement was I would sleep and then I could go to a professional baseball game with my Dad) was lying to my parents and my mother then shared Jesus with me. I didn't go to the baseball game, but I did accept Jesus into my heart because I knew He died for and would take care of my bad feelings.

lifeisgood

I believe you are a new creature. I don't believe you have a renewed spirit. That would be to say your spirit was good to begin with, that it would have then become bad and that then you are coming back to the situation you originally had.

No, no, no. My spirit WAS NOT good to begin with, it had to become new. Because my spirit WAS NOT good to begin with, something had to happen for my spirit to become a new creature --- that is the born again experience.

I believe all have sinned (excepting Christ). Romans 5:12.

I also believe that not only all have sinned (Rom 5:12) but that all come short of the glory of God (Rom 3:23). Which for me is total separation from God.

Therefore the need for the born again experience so that when the transformation of the inner man (spirit man) occur by the Blood of the Lamb I am made nigh to God (James 4:8).

I could not draw nigh to God before the renewal of my inner man (spirit man).

If you do not like the word "renewed" which means, besides "to make like new," "to make new spiritually," "to regenerate."

You can use whatever word you want to describe what happened to you in your inner man. I choose to described that born again experience as "renewed."

I wonder sometimes if is is good to get stuck in a particular word, especially if the participants agree in what is being expressed, in this case the born again experience making one a new creature and all things passing away and becoming new again.

Would it not be a better approach to present the (other) word that express what is in the mind to express?

Last edited:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
No, no, no. My spirit WAS NOT good to begin with, it had to become new. Because my spirit WAS NOT good to begin with, something had to happen for my spirit to become a new creature --- that is the born again experience.

I also believe that not only all have sinned (Rom 5:12) but that all come short of the glory of God (Rom 3:23). Which for me is total separation from God.

Therefore the need for the born again experience so that when the transformation of the inner man (spirit man) occur by the Blood of the Lamb I am made nigh to God (James 4:8).

I could not draw nigh to God before the renewal of my inner man (spirit man).

If you do not like the word "renewed" which means, besides "to make like new," "to make new spiritually," "to regenerate."

You can use whatever word you want to describe what happened to you in your inner man. I choose to described that born again experience as "renewed."

I wonder sometimes if is is good to get stuck in a particular word, especially if the participants agree in what is being expressed, in this case the born again experience making one a new creature and all things passing away and becoming new again.

Would it not be a better approach to present the (other) word that express what is in the mind to express?
I believe those who have been born again have been made new. This is different from being "renewed" because renewed carries with it the connotation of being restored, or made new again like before. You are even saying you want in the born again experience for things to become new again. That is not what born again is. Born again is becoming a new creation by the Spirit of God, something which I believe can only happen once in anyone's life.

I also believe it is unBiblical to speak of a "spirit man".

glorydaz

I was four or five and realized that pretending to be asleep for a nap when my parents came in to check on me (the agreement was I would sleep and then I could go to a professional baseball game with my Dad) was lying to my parents and my mother then shared Jesus with me. I didn't go to the baseball game, but I did accept Jesus into my heart because I knew He died for and would take care of my bad feelings.

The simple faith of a child is a beautiful thing. :thumb:

john w

Hall of Fame
The following was posted by Johnny W 162 hours ago:

The following was posted by Johnny W 161.5 hours ago:

The following was posted by Johnny W 130 hours ago:

Where's the quote Johnny?

What happened to 48 hours? It's now over 162 hours

1. "Thanks John
Andy C is a Cain"-Tet. to me

"The following was posted by ..."-Tet

I never said it.John W is lying again. It's why he doesn't use the quote tags. "-Tet.

Post # 2099 this evening on another thread.

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83756&page=140

"B) Johnny produces a quote of me that doesn't exist"-deceiver Tet.

Recognize this, habitual liar? It's probably "foreign" to you, as not many people email you, due to your deception. It's from my inbox. Recognize the last entry?

April 21st, 2011 Re: Hi, sending you godspeed in the name of peace.
07:23 AM graceandpeace

April 17th, 2010 Broken quote
06:04 PM Delmar

April 3rd, 2010 Re: Thank You
09:20 AM M. K. Nawojski

August 14th, 2009 Re: Your labour
11:04 AM tetelestai
"

Test me. I'll give you one more "chance" to save face.

2." I never said "-Tet.

This habitual liar, so obsessed with allegedly "disproving" MAD, can't keep track of all of his lies, including his lies that he does not name call, "personally attack" MAD proponents.

"That's not my argument.

I have never said that dispensationalism was "wrong" because of how old it was. I specifically said that no one taught about Christ coming back twice before Darby did.

"I have never said that dispensationalism was "wrong" because of how old it was"-Tet.

vs.

"No matter how hard you try, you can't take away the fact that dispensationalism was invented by John Nelson Darby in the mid 1800's...Why are most dispensationalists afraid and/or embarrassed to acknowledge that Darby invented what they believe?"-Deceiver Tet.

"My argument is that if there is not one single trace of something for 1,800+ years by anyone, then it was invented.”-Tet.

"... Deep down you know that your belief system has only been around for not even 50 years, and that it was "developed" by men..."-con artist Partial Preterist Tet.

"...Your false teachings of men is a false teaching since there is not one trace of it in the first three centuries. None of the early church fathers taught your theory, its only about 50 years old."-con artist Partial Preterist Soddy Tet.

"MAD didn't exist until the mid 1800's"-con artist Partial Preterist Tet.

"I never............."-Tet.

3. "Johnny" 4 times by Tet..

Why don't you tell all the TOL viewers why you have a man crush on me, with this "Johnny" sweetie name? Sorry, Tet.-I dig chicks. And I thought you were married, and had a "small business" to run. Perhaps it's on auto pilot, as you were on TOL all day, so obsessed with MAD, and myself? Fess up...release yourself...free yourself...

4."What happened to 48 hours? It's now over 162 hours"-Tet.

And why did you flee the Hilston debate, Craigie? AMR, and others have been waiting for what, 4 months? What's the problem, sport? You said in late May that you would respond. What gives, Preterist con artist?

"Every MADist on TOL says Godrulz isn't saved because he doesn't interpret the Bible their way. Despite the fact that Godrulz has over and over again proclaimed his faith in Christ Jesus."-Craigie Tet.

Really, Craigie? "Every" MADist.

Deceiver.

SaulToPaul 2

"Every MADist on TOL says Godrulz isn't saved because he doesn't interpret the Bible their way. Despite the fact that Godrulz has over and over again proclaimed his faith in Christ Jesus."-Craigie Tet.

Really, Craigie? "Every" MADist.

He was using prophetic hyperbole. Being a wacko strict literalist, you wouldn't get it.

I learned that word from Hank Hanegraeff while he was lecturing his listeners on how to read the 66 love letters for all they are worth. And, remember, without the full armor of God you are a guaranteed casualty. But, with it, you are invincible. And, remember, the things dispensationalists believe are foreign to the panoply of scripture.

And most of all, remember, to be saved you must:

1. Repent - that is to say, do a U-turn on the road of life, no longer living by the dictates of your own will but the will of God

2. Receive - receive Jesus Christ as your Savior and Lord

And, lastly, remember that you can fall on board but you cannot fall overboard.

lifeisgood

I believe those who have been born again have been made new.

Me too.

This is different from being "renewed" because renewed carries with it the connotation of being restored, or made new again like before. You are even saying you want in the born again experience for things to become new again. That is not what born again is.

I use “renewed” because I believe I was created body, mind and spirit. God did not ‘wipe out’ the original spirit I was born with AND placed a new spirit in its place, but, He took that original spirit I was born with and made it brand new, through the born again experience. At least that’s the way I see it.

Born again is becoming a new creation by the Spirit of God, something which I believe can only happen once in anyone's life.

I concur with you.

I also believe it is unBiblical to speak of a "spirit man".

Could I ask you why you thing it is unbiblical to speak of a ‘spirit man’ when the Bible talks about the ‘inner man’ (Ephesians 3:16). Who or what is this ‘inner man’? Is it not the ‘spirit man’?

lifeisgood

Yes! Yes! Yes!

I also remember that day as if it happened yesterday! Didn't understand anything, but one thing I knew, something wonderful had happened in that little white church building. I was born again! Glory to God for loving me so much and stooping down to my level because He knew I could never go up to His! Hallelujah!

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Me too.

I use “renewed” because I believe I was created body, mind and spirit. God did not ‘wipe out’ the original spirit I was born with AND placed a new spirit in its place, but, He took that original spirit I was born with and made it brand new, through the born again experience. At least that’s the way I see it.

I concur with you.

Could I ask you why you think it is unbiblical to speak of a ‘spirit man’ when the Bible talks about the ‘inner man’ (Ephesians 3:16). Who or what is this ‘inner man’? Is it not the ‘spirit man’?
It is because I think it is not specified what is the "inner man". It doesn't say what is inner in that verse. For example, it could be the heart. And in looking at the next verse (Ephesians 3:17) just now, I see/think that this is what it is (what is being referred to).

lifeisgood

It is because I think it is not specified what is the "inner man". It doesn't say what is inner in that verse. For example, it could be the heart. And in looking at the next verse (Ephesians 3:17) just now, I see/think that this is what it is (what is being referred to).

The “inner man” is the eternal you.

Nothing outside a man can defile him (Mark 7:15; Mark 7:18); you clean the outside of cup and dish (Matt. 23:25; Luke 11:39); being a Jew and circumcised are not truly external matters (Rom. 2:28); while our outer man is decaying, our inner man is being renewed daily (2 Cor. 4:16); let your adorning not be merely external (1 Pet. 3:3).

As the body dies, the inner man, the life of the body, leaves. The body then goes back to dust and is spoken of as being asleep (Mat. 9:24; Jn. 11:11; I Cor. 11:30; 15:6; I Thess. 4:13–17).

The “heart” is where your emotions lie.

Ecclesiastes 9:3 This is the unfortunate thing about everything that happens on earth: the same fate awaits everyone; The hearts of all people are full of evil, and there is madness in their hearts during their lives—then they die.

Matthew 15:18 But the things that come out of the mouth come from the heart, and these things defile a person. 15:19 For out of the heart come evil ideas, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander. 15:20 These are the things that defile a person; it is not eating with unwashed hands that defiles a person.”

john w

Hall of Fame
Still waiting for you to show the quote?

“I never said it.John W is lying again. It's why he doesn't use the quote tags. "-Tet.

You said this to me in an e"male," probably because that is when your "man crush" began on me:

"Thanks John
Andy C is a Cain"-Tet. to me

"B) Johnny produces a quote of me that doesn't exist"-deceiver Tet.

Now, one more time-recognize this, habitual liar? It's probably "foreign" to you, as not many people email you, due to your deception. It's from my inbox. Recognize the last entry?

April 21st, 2011 Re: Hi, sending you godspeed in the name of peace.
07:23 AM graceandpeace

April 17th, 2010 Broken quote
06:04 PM Delmar

April 3rd, 2010 Re: Thank You
09:20 AM M. K. Nawojski

August 14th, 2009 Re: Your labour
11:04 AM tetelestai"

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The “inner man” is the eternal you.

Nothing outside a man can defile him (Mark 7:15; Mark 7:18); you clean the outside of cup and dish (Matt. 23:25; Luke 11:39); being a Jew and circumcised are not truly external matters (Rom. 2:28); while our outer man is decaying, our inner man is being renewed daily (2 Cor. 4:16); let your adorning not be merely external (1 Pet. 3:3).

As the body dies, the inner man, the life of the body, leaves. The body then goes back to dust and is spoken of as being asleep (Mat. 9:24; Jn. 11:11; I Cor. 11:30; 15:6; I Thess. 4:13–17).

The “heart” is where your emotions lie.

Ecclesiastes 9:3 This is the unfortunate thing about everything that happens on earth: the same fate awaits everyone; The hearts of all people are full of evil, and there is madness in their hearts during their lives—then they die.

Matthew 15:18 But the things that come out of the mouth come from the heart, and these things defile a person. 15:19 For out of the heart come evil ideas, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander. 15:20 These are the things that defile a person; it is not eating with unwashed hands that defiles a person.”
I just showed you how the inner man spoken of in scripture is not in reference to the spirit of man.

john w

Hall of Fame
He was using prophetic hyperbole. Being a wacko strict literalist, you wouldn't get it.

I learned that word from Hank Hanegraeff while he was lecturing his listeners on how to read the 66 love letters for all they are worth. And, remember, without the full armor of God you are a guaranteed casualty. But, with it, you are invincible. And, remember, the things dispensationalists believe are foreign to the panoply of scripture.

And most of all, remember, to be saved you must:

1. Repent - that is to say, do a U-turn on the road of life, no longer living by the dictates of your own will but the will of God

2. Receive - receive Jesus Christ as your Savior and Lord

And, lastly, remember that you can fall on board but you cannot fall overboard.

You literalist, natural man, brother J. I might have to give you "The Big Freeze." And you really think that Floyd was actually drinking a "Nectarine Crunch?"

Any "man made"(Tet. taught us that) doctrine which requires that many backflips, somersaults, cartwheels, allegorizations, tap dancing with a top hat and cane, and redefining of terms is just plain illogical, unreasonable, Captain. You might as well say that Adam and Eve were not real people, the flood was just high tide on the Euphrates, and the cross was just an allegory of "steppin' up."

Do you have a pet lion, STP, that eats grass? I would really like to come over and play with it, as dogs are selfish, according to Fast Gun Fife.

Is. 65:25 KJV....the removal of the curse....

SaulToPaul 2

You literalist, natural man, brother J. I might have to give you "The Big Freeze." And you really think that Floyd was actually drinking a "Nectarine Crunch?"

Any "man made"(Tet. taught us that) doctrine which requires that many backflips, somersaults, cartwheels, allegorizations, tap dancing with a top hat and cane, and redefining of terms is just plain illogical, unreasonable, Captain. You might as well say that Adam and Eve were not real people, the flood was just high tide on the Euphrates, and the cross was just an allegory of "steppin' up."

Do you have a pet lion, STP, that eats grass? I would really like to come over and play with it, as dogs are selfish, according to Fast Gun Fife.

Is. 65:25 KJV....the removal of the curse....

Your problem, you carnal wacko, is that you have never done a U-turn on the road of life...that is to say, you have never stopped living by the dictates of your own will, and done the will of the Lord.

I urge you to read the Bible for all it's worth, it is 66 love letters etched in heavenly handwriting. Consider the panoply of scripture and recognize the gross errors of dispensationalism.

God has only had one people, which is beautifully demonstrated by the cultivated Olive Tree by the Apostle Paul. God is not a racist, nor a land baron. There is only one race, the human race. The land promises were a figure of a new heaven and new earth, wherein dwells righteousness.

Your brother in Christ, Hank

john w

Hall of Fame
Your problem, you carnal wacko, is that you have never done a U-turn on the road of life...that is to say, you have never stopped living by the dictates of your own will, and done the will of the Lord.

I urge you to read the Bible for all it's worth, it is 66 love letters etched in heavenly handwriting. Consider the panoply of scripture and recognize the gross errors of dispensationalism.

God has only had one people, which is beautifully demonstrated by the cultivated Olive Tree by the Apostle Paul. God is not a racist, nor a land baron. There is only one race, the human race. The land promises were a figure of a new heaven and new earth, wherein dwells righteousness.

Your brother in Christ, Hank

It all says the same thing, bible chopper/splitter, as you tear out most of the scripture. "Jesus says."......you know the drill. Your man made belief system is as dry as dust, and you are in the army of the stupid, Gome. You are dividing the church. We have a God of unity, and we should all sing, "Bringing in the Sheaves," with the new organ at "the church," as there is only one.

Status
Not open for further replies.