ECT MADist thought for the day

Status
Not open for further replies.

lifeisgood

I use the NASB most frequently. It appears to me you are arguing against the translators.

Romans 7:6 But now we have been released from the Law, having died to that by which we were bound, so that we serve in newness of the Spirit and not in oldness of the letter.

Or I don't understand why it is capitalized here if we are not talking about the Spirit of God rather than that the spirit of man is renewed.

The Spirit (the Holy Spirit) gives the newness to man's spirit.

It is the newness OF THE Spirit (Holy Spirit). The Holy Spirit gives the newness to the spirit of man, in that manner the spirit of man being renewed by the born again experience.

lifeisgood

A reprobate is one who has rejected Gods offer of salvation to the point of a seared conscience.

God offers salvation to all people. The Calvinist position is that all people cannot respond - that God deliberately rejected them from the start which is a lie from satan.

Repentance means to change your mind, if you have no will you cannot change your mind.

Repentance is not possible without the ability to come to God and receive the offer of salvation.

To say some men cannot do this is a lie designed to keep people from God, by making them believe that they cannot because they are "too sinful" .

No one is too sinful to receive Christ, He can wash away every stain of sin to anyone who wants to be forgiven and wants to be in relationship with Him.

Absolutely yes.

Anyone who hears the preaching "Jesus Christ and Him Crucified" and accepts what is being offered can be saved. No matter what they have done.

Acts 16:29-31 --- 29 Then he called for a light, and sprang in, and came trembling, and fell down before Paul and Silas, 30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? 31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

1 Timothy 2:3-5 --- 3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; 4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

lifeisgood

I'm not sure what verses you are speaking of. Are you saying our emotions are renewed and this can be seen outwardly following this?

inside/outside, spirit/physically

Did you, yes you, untellectual, did you or did you not change on the inside (in your spirit) when you went through the born again experience?

Were your emotions renewed or was your spirit (your inner man) renewed when you went through the born again experience?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I do not understand where you are coming from. I can read the words and I understand them, but I am left with this feeling that that is not what you are saying to me.

For me:

spirit (small letter) means my spirit (dead in sins and trespasses before the born again experience).
Spirit (uppercase letter) means the Holy Spirit.

For me my spirit had to be renewed by the born again experience, through the Holy Spirit; otherwise, I would still be dead in my sins and trespasses. The Holy Spirit has to do a job in my spirit so that I can do a turnaround toward God.

The purpose of the born again experience, from my perspective and understanding of what the Bible says, is so that my spirit can be renewed by the Holy Spirit and I become a new creation where old things are passed away and all things become new.

After the born again experience, I am sealed by the Holy Spirit and now I am, after being sealed, officially a child of God.

No, before I was born again I was NOT a child of God. I become a child of God by the adoption of the Holy Spirit through Jesus Christ and what He did at the Cross in my place, then and only then became I officially a child of God.

That's the way I see it.
Do you believe you have a new spirit from Ezekiel or from Romans or both? i would go with just Ezekiel if you were to ask me.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The Spirit (the Holy Spirit) gives the newness to man's spirit.

It is the newness OF THE Spirit (Holy Spirit). The Holy Spirit gives the newness to the spirit of man, in that manner the spirit of man being renewed by the born again experience.
What do you mean by the word "renewed"? It is not used in the Bible of the spirit of man as far as I can tell.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Did you, yes you, untellectual, did you or did you not change on the inside (in your spirit) when you went through the born again experience?

Were your emotions renewed or was your spirit (your inner man) renewed when you went through the born again experience?
There is a passage about the inner man. Does it say that the spirit of man is the inner man?

Yes, I was changed by the Spirit of God. Not a specific part of me though. I believe it was all of me. Though maybe not all at once, and yet all at once.

Last edited:

glorydaz

What do you mean by the word "renewed"? It is not used in the Bible of the spirit of man as far as I can tell.

Psalm 119:50
This is my comfort in my affliction: for thy word hath quickened me.

Psalm 119:93
I will never forget thy precepts: for with them thou hast quickened me.

1 Corinthians 15:36
Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:

Ephesians 2:1
And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

Ephesians 2:5
Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

Colossians 2:13
And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

1 Peter 3:18
For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

lifeisgood

There is a passage about the inner man. Does it say that the spirit of man is the inner man?

I have no idea what is it that you are looking for, neither am I going to venture a response.

Yes, I was changed by the Spirit of God. Not a specific part of me though. I believe it was all of me. Though maybe not all at once, and yet all at once.

So, you should understand what the inner man is. You should know that your spirit man was renewed.

You want a particular word to express that happening? I give you renewed. Happens when you go through the born again experience.

2 Corinthians 5:17 --- Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Ephesians 3:16 --- That He (Christ Jesus) would grant you, according to the riches of His Glory (refers to all the revealed perfections of God, not merely His Grace and Power), to be strengthened with might by His Spirit (this will be done, providing our Faith is ever in Jesus Christ and what He did at the Cross, by and through which the Holy Spirit works) in the inner man (the spirit of man).

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I have no idea what is it that you are looking for, neither am I going to venture a response.

So, you should understand what the inner man is. You should know that your spirit man was renewed.

You want a particular word to express that happening? I give you renewed. Happens when you go through the born again experience.

2 Corinthians 5:17 --- Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Ephesians 3:16 --- That He (Christ Jesus) would grant you, according to the riches of His Glory (refers to all the revealed perfections of God, not merely His Grace and Power), to be strengthened with might by His Spirit (this will be done, providing our Faith is ever in Jesus Christ and what He did at the Cross, by and through which the Holy Spirit works) in the inner man (the spirit of man).
The Bible doesn't speak of a "spirit man". That is a made-up idea, often attributed to Christianity (man's Theology). But not all Christians believe in a "spirit man" and I don't know that the idea is original to Christianity either.

About the word "renewed":

What does the word "new" mean?

Some people believe that the word "new" should rather be "renewed", specifically in regard to the Old Covenant between God and man and the coming of a New Covenant.

lifeisgood

The Bible doesn't speak of a "spirit man". That is a made-up idea, often attributed to Christianity (man's Theology). But not all Christians believe in a "spirit man" and I don't know that the idea is original to Christianity either.

If that is what you want to believe, you are free to do so.

About the word "renewed": What does the word "new" mean?

Whatever you want it to mean.

However, for me it means something that did not exist before.

I was not made 'new" in my spirit man (inner man) until the born again experience.

Some people believe that the word "new" should rather be "renewed", specifically in regard to the Old Covenant between God and man and the coming of a New Covenant.

I can only go by what the Bible says: 2 Corinthians 5:17 --- Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

I was not made 'new" in my spirit man (inner man) until the born again experience.

I can only go by what the Bible says: 2 Corinthians 5:17 --- Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
I believe you are a new creature. I don't believe you have a renewed spirit. That would be to say your spirit was good to begin with, that it would have then become bad and that then you are coming back to the situation you originally had. I believe all have sinned (excepting Christ). Romans 5:12.

glorydaz

About the word "renewed":

What does the word "new" mean?

Instead of the old carnal man...those who mind the things of the flesh, we are spiritual and mind the things of the Spirit. To be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Romans 8:5-6

We were created with a body, soul, and spirit. Because of Adam's sin, men were out of fellowship with God and "died" spiritually. Our spirits need to be awakened...quickened....regenerated...renewed. The terminology isn't important, but it's the work of the Holy Spirit when we're born again....

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Instead of the old carnal man...those who mind the things of the flesh, we are spiritual and mind the things of the Spirit. To be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Romans 8:5-6

We were created with a body, soul, and spirit. Because of Adam's sin, men were out of fellowship with God and "died" spiritually. Our spirits need to be awakened...quickened....regenerated...renewed. The terminology isn't important, but it's the work of the Holy Spirit when we're born again....
I would say "We" instead of "Our spirits". We all need to be born again (only once). The terminology is important, because we don't want to be friends with the lies of the world.

glorydaz

And, indeed, we are new....we spent our lifetime living after the flesh. We now live and mind the things of the Spirit. We can certainly still react in the flesh, but we definately LIVE in the Spirit. We have the witness within.... :thumb:

Rom. 8:16
The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
What are you talking about? It seems perfectly clear to me.
I'm saying we need the truth. Nothing watered down. No Theological mumbo jumbo. Our lives can be different. God can change us. But I wouldn't say He just changes your spirit. He changes all of you.

Biblical words is fine. If they are arranged Biblically is even better. This is why it is good to quote verses and let them say what they say instead of thinking we know what they say because of what we have heard other people say that they say.

glorydaz

I should have read this first, then I'd have a better idea of where you're coming from.

Eph. 3:16-17
That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,

The "inner man" is our soul...who we are, mind, will, and emotions. Our spirit is our inner most being that was created to communicate with God. That spirit is what is quickened, when we are born again. In turn, we bring our mind and will into agreement with the mind of Christ. We must, of course, surrender our will and obey in order to grow into the spiritual man God wants us to be.

1 Thessalonians 5:23
And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

First our spirit is quickened by the Holy Spirit and we can now commune with God. We are considered "soulish" when we are carnal... living after the flesh. With a newly awakened spirit, in communication with the Holy Spirit, we can begin the renewing of our mind and be conformed into the image of our Lord. This speaks of the on-going process of sanctification....being made holy.

Romans 12:2
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

I love this verse....see what you think.

Proverbs 20:27
The spirit of man is the candle of the LORD, searching all the inward parts of the belly.

glorydaz

I'm saying we need the truth. Nothing watered down. No Theological mumbo jumbo. Our lives can be different. God can change us. But I wouldn't say He just changes your spirit. He changes all of you.

Biblical words is fine. If they are arranged Biblically is even better. This is why it is good to quote verses and let them say what they say instead of thinking we know what they say because of what we have heard other people say that they say.

There's no mumbo jumbo about being born again.

God awakens our spirit...it is quickened, given life. Some people surrender their wills to the Lord better than others, so changes don't happen on some prescribed schedule. Some spend their whole life-time being chastened and led into maturity. Others, surrender more easily. We're all different, just as our own children are different. It's an on-going, never-ending process by which we grow and mature in the Lord.

There is a way to speed up the process, and that's to spend a lot of time in the Word of God....there is no better discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart than that. Through reading the Word, we see where we need to let go of sins and attitudes we didn't even know we had.

Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Lest you think I'm saying we can do this by our own efforts, I'll add this verse. We, through the Spirit, mortify the deeds of the body. We can't do a thing unless we're helped every step of the way by the Spirit that dwells in us.

Romans 8:13
For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I should have read this first, then I'd have a better idea of where you're coming from.

Eph. 3:16-17
That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,

The "inner man" is our soul...who we are, mind, will, and emotions. Our spirit is our inner most being that was created to communicate with God. That spirit is what is quickened, when we are born again. In turn, we bring our mind and will into agreement with the mind of Christ. We must, of course, surrender our will and obey in order to grow into the spiritual man God wants us to be.

1 Thessalonians 5:23
And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

First our spirit is quickened by the Holy Spirit and we can now commune with God. We are considered "soulish" when we are carnal... living after the flesh. With a newly awakened spirit, in communication with the Holy Spirit, we can begin the renewing of our mind and be conformed into the image of our Lord. This speaks of the on-going process of sanctification....being made holy.

Romans 12:2
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

I love this verse....see what you think.

Proverbs 20:27
The spirit of man is the candle of the LORD, searching all the inward parts of the belly.
This is a very worthwhile post you have made. I don't know if you are entirely correct, but this appears to be in the right direction. For example, I don't know that you are wrong, but I still have questions about the inner man, the innermost being, and the last verse you have presented... if you are correct on these three. The rest I don't see any need for argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.