ECT MADist thought for the day

Status
Not open for further replies.

One In Christ

I'm glad you agree... but I think you fail to recognizing that I am talking about how we shouldn't think this way.

I dont think you understand my point. Saying "It is not that He takes care of our guilt so that we can continue to sin.", is carnal, and pointless to talk about.

This is like saying:

"Grace is not a license to sin."

You are failing to see:

Rom 8:2 KJV - For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Are you free from sin? Apparently not since you think you still can.

Christ took it all. Christ payed it all. To think otherwise is carnal and therefore:

Rom 8:6 KJV - For to be carnally minded [is] death; but to be spiritually minded [is] life and peace.
Rom 8:7 KJV - Because the carnal mind [is] enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
Rom 8:8 KJV - So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

This is why i say "Stop it."

Render your flesh as dead, and not of you!

Rom 8:10 KJV - And if Christ [be] in you, the body [is] dead because of sin; but the Spirit [is] life because of righteousness.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I dont think you understand my point. Saying "It is not that He takes care of our guilt so that we can continue to sin.", is carnal, and pointless to talk about.

This is like saying:

"Grace is not a license to sin."

You are failing to see:

Rom 8:2 KJV - For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Are you free from sin? Apparently not since you think you still can.

Christ took it all. Christ payed it all. To think otherwise is carnal and therefore:

Rom 8:6 KJV - For to be carnally minded [is] death; but to be spiritually minded [is] life and peace.
Rom 8:7 KJV - Because the carnal mind [is] enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
Rom 8:8 KJV - So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

This is why i say "Stop it."

Render your flesh as dead, and not of you!

Rom 8:10 KJV - And if Christ [be] in you, the body [is] dead because of sin; but the Spirit [is] life because of righteousness.
I think you are saying that we shouldn't live in sin but that it is carnal to say so.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yes - per:

I believe that the law of sin and of death is (my first choice) that death is now (since the fall) the natural consequence of sin OR that (a second choice) the soul that sins shall die (which may in context be shown to involve judgment).

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yes - per:

Romans 7:23 but I see a different law in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin which is in my members.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
So it may be appropriate to bring it to the Coyote's attention. I don't have a clue as to what you were discussing.
It appears from what Nang was saying that what is translated in John 3:3 as "born again" may be supposed to be translated "born from above" instead. The Greek word "anōthen" can be translated variously, according to the Strongs at www.blueletterbible.org.

Status
Not open for further replies.