ECT MADist thought for the day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Guilt feelings are inappropriate for the justified man. Paul said that the justified "REJOICE," Romans 5:1-2.

Explain how a man who is beset by guilt can rejoice.
He can't. That's why he needs to repent, so that He can be free and rejoice in God His Savior.

It is weird to demand that a person not feel guilt. Then they might feel guilty for feeling guilt.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Now what part of holy and righteous includes false witness?

What fruit of the Spirit includes "get over it"

Forgive me for saying something that upset you and caused you to take a concern of mind regarding false teachers, in the wrong manner.

You are truly making much more of the entire incident than is warranted, but nevertheless, I apologize to you for it.

For it is not good for you to be so angry.

Nang

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
But many who talk about "feeling guilt" are speaking about condemnation. That's why I overstated my point. Untellectual even questioned whether Christ bore our guilt.
The verse in Isaiah 53 is talking about Jesus being a "guilt-offering". My view is that Jesus took care of our sin which alievates our guilt. It is not that He takes care of our guilt so that we can continue to sin.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Forgive me for saying something that upset you and caused you to take a concern of mind regarding false teachers, in the wrong manner.

You are truly making much more of the entire incident than is warranted, but nevertheless, I apologize to you for it.

For it is not good for you to be so angry.

Nang

Keep it, give me one when you actually mean it. In the meantime i suggest you hold off with leaving any gifts at the altar.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
The verse in Isaiah 53 is talking about Jesus being a "guilt-offering". My view is that Jesus took care of our sin which alievates our guilt. It is not that He takes care of our guilt so that we can continue to sin.

Jesus Christ paid our penalty for our sins (death) in order to pardon our guilt, and then His righteousness was imputed to our account, to offset any condemnation or future wrath or judgment from God.

This does not mean sin disappears from our lives, for we remain in earthly bodies still subject to the law of sin, but by God's grace and the power of the indwelling Holy Spirit, we are freed to serve righteousness.

Romans 6 tells us how to approach serving God while crucifying the sin that creates tension and remorse within us as believers. I John 3:2-23 also instructs in this regard.

All Christians experience a tension between serving as new spiritual creatures and putting away our natural man.

I really do not think any of you are incorrect about this, other than those who claim they do not ever sin because they are changed ontologically and are without sin.

Christians are renewed in their spirit, but they are stuck with the old flesh, and we all need to learn how to deal with this state of being, until death.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jesus Christ paid our penalty for our sins (death) in order to pardon our guilt, and then His righteousness was imputed to our account, to offset any condemnation or future wrath or judgment from God.

This does not mean sin disappears from our lives, for we remain in earthly bodies still subject to the law of sin, but by God's grace and the power of the indwelling Holy Spirit, we are freed to serve righteousness.

Romans 6 tells us how to approach serving God while crucifying the sin that creates tension and remorse within us as believers. I John 3:2-23 also instructs in this regard.

All Christians experience a tension between serving as new spiritual creatures and putting away our natural man.

I really do not think any of you are incorrect about this, other than those who claim they do not ever sin because they are changed ontologically and are without sin.

Christians are renewed in their spirit, but they are stuck with the old flesh, and we all need to learn how to deal with this state of being, until death.
I don't understand what you mean by saying "Christians are renewed in their spirit".

On another note:

I do believe it is possible for a Christian to sin after being saved.

Status
Not open for further replies.