ECT MADist thought for the day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
1 Corinthians 6:11 Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.

One In Christ

Justification is a work of God alone. There's nothing to discuss. In spirit we are perfect and accepted by God solely on the basis of faith alone. Sanctification is a process where we become more and more Christlike in our conduct the more we yield.

If sanctification is absent, or in other words, ignored (as there is effort on our part to progress this), what do you believe happens to our Justification?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
In what sense? In my spiritual sense? No. I am holy and perfect, in Christ.

In a fleshly sense? There is always room for improvement i guess :)
If you were sanctified (Bible verse provided), do you still need to be sanctified (is there a Bible verse to support your position)?

One In Christ

If you were sanctified (Bible verse provided), do you still need to be sanctified (is there a Bible verse to support your position)?

I don't "need", but it is His will:

1Th 4:3 KJV - For this is the will of God, [even] your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication:
1Th 4:4 KJV - That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour;

1Th 5:23 KJV - And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and [I pray God] your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

2Ti 2:21 KJV - If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, [and] prepared unto every good work.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Justification is a work of God alone. There's nothing to discuss. In spirit we are perfect and accepted by God solely on the basis of faith alone.

Yes. Justification is a forensic (legal) ruling of pardon executed by God.

Sanctification is a process where we become more and more Christlike in our conduct the more we yield.

Yes. Sanctification is the result of Justification. The condemned criminal is legally pardoned and set free and enabled to live a new life that proves to be holy, righteous, thankful, and openly submissive to the sovereign will of God.

This is genuine "conversion" from darkness to light; from death to life; from being condemned by God to standing in His grace.

Those who claim to be pardoned, but do not evidence spiritual conversion, through acts of faith and repentance, are suspect.

SaulToPaul 2

Yes. Sanctification is the result of Justification. The condemned criminal is legally pardoned and set free and enabled to live a new life that proves to be holy, righteous, thankful, and openly submissive to the sovereign will of God.

This is genuine "conversion" from darkness to light; from death to life; from being condemned by God to standing in His grace.

Those who claim to be pardoned, but do not evidence the above through acts of faith and repentance are suspect.

1 Cor 6:11 (KJV)

ye are sanctified, ye are justified

Are you a saint, Nang?

One In Christ

Those who claim to be pardoned, but do not evidence the above through acts of faith and repentance are suspect.

This is the problem i have... You are playing God, deciding who is saved. Sanctification is NOT the result of Justification alone. It requires our effort as well, and we can choose not to sanctify.

Are we then not Justified?

andyc

That's right.
The fruit of the Spirit ought to be evident eventually, otherwise a person's faith will seem superficial.

2Peter 1:5-9
But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love. For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I don't "need", but it is His will:

1Th 4:3 KJV - For this is the will of God, [even] your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication:
1Th 4:4 KJV - That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour;

1Th 5:23 KJV - And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and [I pray God] your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

2Ti 2:21 KJV - If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, [and] prepared unto every good work.
Okay.

A thought came to me that these verses might be about sanctification in the manner that then a person can say they have been sanctified (verse provided). Or are there two different kinds of sanctification (is the word being used for two different purposes/senses)? I'm confused about sanctification.

One teaching I have heard is that a person who is a Christian has been justified, is being sanctified, and will be glorified.

One In Christ

Okay.

A thought came to me that these verses might be about sanctification in the manner that then a person can say they have been sanctified (verse provided). Or are there two different kinds of sanctification (is the word being used for two different purposes/senses)? I'm confused about sanctification.

One teaching I have heard is that a person who is a Christian has been justified, is being sanctified, and will be glorified.

I believe we can talk about sanctification in a couple ways.

Our spirit is sanctified in Christ:

1Cr 1:2 KJV - Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called [to be] saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:

This cannot be changed, and is Completely the work of God, when we believe.

Our soul can be sanctified:

This requires action on our part, and God's, as we have to respond to our salvation.

And we will be ultimately sanctified when we meet God

john w

Hall of Fame
Too bad you won't be coming to Charlotte on business like Mr. Tucker, since you are unemployed & drink beer in your trailer all day...

Well, Aint Bee always gives sandwiches to those who live in trailer parks, and, re. your ""Thats' the plan....," "For the love of Mike, man, go...will you just go...?!" to visit the Fun Girls?

Status
Not open for further replies.