ECT MAD interp flaw

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Our preaching is "foolishness" to those who are perishing. 1 Corinthians 1:18 "For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but it is God's power to us who are being saved."

heir

TOL Subscriber
This proves you belong to a cult.
The fact that you claim this for yourself and can't do any of it, proves you are the one in a cult.

Mark 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

Mark 16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Danoh

You can usually see who the less knowledgeable ones are by their extremely low "Thanks" number. It reflects how unpopular their opinions are.

:chuckle:

His above proves nothing...

Other than the fact that some people participate in such things, most do not, and some turn such things into their grammar school, high school, college, work environment "our clique against theirs" nonsense.

It proves how shallow the measure by which some measure a thing, actually is.

Even in this there is ever the need to soundly discern between the things that differ as to what one's true measure of a thing is to be...

2 Corinthians 10:12 For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.

Danoh

This proves you belong to a cult.

Cult like behavior is what proves one "belongs to a cult."

Beliefs - even false ones; are merely beliefs.

Some are true; some are not.

But what makes "a cult" is a collection of persons who each were already a one person cult, when they hooked up with others of a similar, cult like bent.

1 Corinthians 11:17 Now in this that I declare unto you I praise you not, that ye come together not for the better, but for the worse. 11:18 For first of all, when ye come together in the church, I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it. 11:19 For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.

Both such groups and their individual "club" members were already like that individually, when they met others who were also already like that...

1 Corinthians 12:1 Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant. 12:2 Ye know that ye were Gentiles, carried away unto these dumb idols, even as ye were led. 12:3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost. 12:4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. 12:5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord. 12:6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all. 12:7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

They were already like that before they came to know the Lord.

andyc

The fact that you claim this for yourself and can't do any of it, proves you are the one in a cult.

Mark 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

Mark 16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

I think you need to understand that even Catholics believe what you're denying here. So you're going against 2000 years of accepted teaching.

BTW

[h=2]A.D. 400 - Augustine of Hippo:[/h]Augustine, Bishop of Hippo, one of the four great fathers of the Latin Church and considered the greatest of them all: "We still do what the apostles did when they laid hands on the Samaritans and called down the Holy Spirit on them in the laying-on of hands. It is expected that converts should speak with new tongues."

andyc

Cult like behavior is what proves one "belongs to a cult."

Beliefs - even false ones; are merely beliefs.

Some are true; some are not.

But what makes "a cult" is a collection of persons who each were already a one person cult, when they hooked up with others of a similar, cult like bent.

1 Corinthians 11:17 Now in this that I declare unto you I praise you not, that ye come together not for the better, but for the worse. 11:18 For first of all, when ye come together in the church, I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it. 11:19 For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.

Both such groups and their individual "club" members were already like that individually, when they met others who were also already like that...

1 Corinthians 12:1 Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant. 12:2 Ye know that ye were Gentiles, carried away unto these dumb idols, even as ye were led. 12:3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost. 12:4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. 12:5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord. 12:6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all. 12:7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

They were already like that before they came to know the Lord.

A cult - believes that only those in their specific group can be saved.
A cult - holds to one specific translation of scripture.
A cult - condemns to hell those who do not think like their specific group
A cult - MAD

Danoh

A cult - believes that only those in their specific group can be saved.
A cult - holds to one specific translation of scripture.
A cult - condemns to hell those who do not think like their specific group
A cult - MAD

Your above is merely your ignorance.

Only those who believe that Christ died for their sins and rose again as an evidence the sin debt had not only been fully paid for, but now allowed their being made the righteousness of God in His Son's death, burial and resurrection IN HIM...ARE saved.

That is what Paul affirms in passages like the following, that he had preached as NOT vain, or baseless.

Rather; as the reality...

1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

He asserts that the Lord's resurrection had eyewitnesses who had preached that He had risen from the dead.

That he, Paul was not making up the fact of the resurrection...

1 Corinthians 15:5 And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: 15:6 After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep. 15:7 After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles. 15:8 And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time. 15:9 For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. 15:10 But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me. 15:11 Therefore whether it were I or they, so we preach, and so ye believed.

And He is asserting that the promise of resurrection is not only based on the fact that Christ did rise from the dead, but what said resurrection has made possible in those who believe what Paul has asserted unto them as to what said resurrection has made possible...

15:12 Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead? 15:13 But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen: 15:14 And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain. 15:15 Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not. 15:16 For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised: 15:17 And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins. 15:18 Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished. 15:19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable. 15:20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.

He does the same in...

Galatians 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

If believing that makes the MADist "a cult" member, well then "sign your name accross my heart" also :chuckle:

Fact is, there are others on TOL who are not MADists in the OVERALL Perspective who nevertheless ALSO believe in the above.

If you, AndyC do not, then YOU are yet in your sins - get to workin, as the worker bee, ant farm, gerbil's treadmill, is an endless one.

And good luck with your delusion...

andyc

Your above is merely your ignorance.

Nope.

You, the newest MAD nutcase in the forum showing your ignorance.

Only those who believe that Christ died for their sins and rose again as an evidence the sin debt had not only been fully paid for, but now allowed their made the righteousness of God in His Son's death, burial and resurrection...are saved.

Most of Christendom believes this.

That is what Paul affirms in passages like the following, he had preached as NOT vain, or baseless. Rather; the reality...

1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

He asserts that the Lord's resurrection had eyewitnesses who had preached that He had risen from the dead.

That he, Paul was not making up the fact of the resurrection...

1 Corinthians 15:5 And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: 15:6 After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep. 15:7 After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles. 15:8 And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time. 15:9 For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. 15:10 But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me. 15:11 Therefore whether it were I or they, so we preach, and so ye believed.

And He is asserting that the promise of resurrection is not only based on the fact that Christ did rise from the dead, but what said resurrection has made possible in those who believe what Paul has asserted unto them as to what said resurrection has made possible...

15:12 Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead? 15:13 But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen: 15:14 And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain. 15:15 Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not. 15:16 For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised: 15:17 And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins. 15:18 Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished. 15:19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable. 15:20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.

He does the same in...

Galatians 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

If believing that makes the MADist "a cult" member, well then "sign your name accross my heart" also :chuckle:

Fact is, there are others on TOL who are not MADists in the OVERALL Perspective who nevertheless ALSO believe in the above.

Most of Christendom believes this.

Your obsession with Paul makes you deluded to this fact.

Danoh

AndyC, ask the average "believer" where they believe they will end up after this life is over and what they are basing that on.

I mean, actually get out of this blind fool's gold "one size fits all" of yours, and ask the average "believer" that.

Unless you are just as ignorant as most of them prove to be on this; you will find most believe in a salvation based on some sort of a performance based acceptance on their part.

But we already know your ignorance...you have just proven it above...once more.

andyc

AndyC, ask the average "believer" where they believe they will end up after this life is over and what they are basing that on.

I mean, actually get out of this blind fool's gold "one size fits all" of yours, and ask the average "believer" that.

Unless you are just as ignorant as most of them prove to be on this; you will find most believe in a salvation based on some sort of a performance based acceptance on their part.

But we already know your ignorance...you have just proven it above...once more.

Most of Christendom believe what you said.

Stop crying about it and come up with better responses.