ECT MAD implies both Jesus and Paul are liars.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The solution to all this is very, very simple.

Since the Body of Christ is said to be one NEW man comprised of saved Jews and Gentiles, with no distinction between them any longer, that means it cannot have existed without both Jews and Gentiles in it.

So all you have to do is show where anyone, before the point Paul was saved, preached that Jews and Gentiles were on equal individual footing before God, and that Jews no longer had any spiritual priority or "place in line" before Him, thereby indicating the existence of a Body of Jews and Gentiles fused as one NEW man in Christ.

Can you do that, Dodge?

Show where anyone (before Paul was saved) KNEW that God was building a new man of equally lost/equally saved Jews and Gentiles, and was doing so completely apart from His purposes for Israel, and you win.

Jesus was the first Body of Christ.

Peter was the first to preach to Gentiles--

Act 15:7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.
Act 15:8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;
Act 15:9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.
Act 15:10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
Act 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

Your problem us that you think all of the Jews from among the nations were descendants of Abrahams flesh.

Not so.

LA

Right Divider

Body part
Last edited:

SaulToPaul 2

Peter was the first to preach to Gentiles--

Cornelius already knew the LORD. That IS what the scripture saith.

Acts 10
36 The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all: )

37 That word, I say, ye know, which was published throughout all Judaea, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached;

Right Divider

Body part
The Prophets of Israel, and the Lord Jesus during His earthly ministry, preached the Resurrection. Wasn't the Resurrection the plan? So wasn't Israel (I'm presuming "Israel" here means Abraham's descendants from both Houses of Judah and of Israel?) supposed to be the Lord's channel of grace to the rest of the world by preaching the Good News of the Resurrection?

Was there a plan that didn't involve the Resurrection?
Israel are Jacob's descendants, not simply Abraham's.

The resurrection was not the mystery of Christ.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Israel are Jacob's descendants, not simply Abraham's.

The resurrection was not the mystery of Christ.
The Prophets of Israel, and the Lord Jesus Himself during His earthly ministry, preached the Resurrection.

Right Divider

Body part
The Prophets of Israel, and the Lord Jesus Himself during His earthly ministry, preached the Resurrection.

Why do you feel the need to capitalize "resurrection"?

I was just pointing out that your comment was incorrect in regard to what Israel means.

The Prophets of Israel, and the Lord Jesus during His earthly ministry, preached the Resurrection. Wasn't the Resurrection the plan? So wasn't Israel (I'm presuming "Israel" here means Abraham's descendants from both Houses of Judah and of Israel?) supposed to be the Lord's channel of grace to the rest of the world by preaching the Good News of the Resurrection?

That is incorrect. Israel are the descendants of Israel (Jacob) and not Abraham.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Cornelius already knew the LORD. That IS what the scripture saith.

Acts 10
36 The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all: )

37 That word, I say, ye know, which was published throughout all Judaea, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached;

Nothing to do with Cornelius.

Peter first preached to the gentiles in Acts ch 2.

Your problem is that you think Jews only consisted of descendants of Abrahams flesh.

Act 2:5 And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.
Act 2:6 Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.
Act 2:7 And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans?
Act 2:8 And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?
Act 2:9 Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia,
Act 2:10 Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes,
Act 2:11 Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.

Est 8:17 And in every province, and in every city, whithersoever the king's commandment and his decree came, the Jews had joy and gladness, a feast and a good day. And many of the people of the land became Jews; for the fear of the Jews fell upon them.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Made up, or lack of reading comprehension, or simple deceit on your part.

Cornelius did not know the Lord Jesus before Peter came to him.--

Act 10:37 That word, I say, ye know, which was published throughout all Judaea, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached;
Act 10:38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.
Act 10:39 And we are witnesses of all things which he did both in the land of the Jews, and in Jerusalem; whom they slew and hanged on a tree:
Act 10:40 Him God raised up the third day, and shewed him openly;
Act 10:41 Not to all the people, but unto witnesses chosen before of God, even to us, who did eat and drink with him after he rose from the dead.
Act 10:42 And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead.
Act 10:43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.
Act 10:44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
Act 10:45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 10:46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,
Act 10:47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?
Act 10:48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

Danoh

Those Gentiles who converted to Judaism in Esther are said to have become Jews.

Esther 8:17 And in every province, and in every city, whithersoever the king's commandment and his decree came, the Jews had joy and gladness, a feast and a good day. And many of the people of the land became Jews; for the fear of the Jews fell upon them.

They were no longer Gentiles.

As for Cornelius, it is both clear from "the gospels" and in Acts 10 and 11, that he had been aware of and had adhered to Genesis 12, as an uncircumcised Gentile.

At is also clear that he had been aware of Jesus' preaching but that said preaching had not been for him, as an uncircumcised Gentile.

Genesis 12:1 Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee: 12:2 And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing: 12:3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

Acts 10:1 There was a certain man in Caesarea called Cornelius, a centurion of the band called the Italian band, 10:2 A devout man, and one that feared God with all his house, which gave much alms to the people, and prayed to God alway. 10:3 He saw in a vision evidently about the ninth hour of the day an angel of God coming in to him, and saying unto him, Cornelius. 10:4 And when he looked on him, he was afraid, and said, What is it, Lord? And he said unto him, Thy prayers and thine alms are come up for a memorial before God. 10:5 And now send men to Joppa, and call for one Simon, whose surname is Peter:

Only at that point - of that vision - was he no longer considered an unclean Gentile by God; Who was directing him as to the salvation he could now avail himself of, as an uncircumcised Gentile, see Acts 11: 3, 14, below.

Acts 10:21 Then Peter went down to the men which were sent unto him from Cornelius; and said, Behold, I am he whom ye seek: what is the cause wherefore ye are come? 10:22 And they said, Cornelius the centurion, a just man, and one that feareth God, and of good report among all the nation of the Jews, was warned from God by an holy angel to send for thee into his house, and to hear words of thee.

Acts 10:28 And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.

Acts 11:2 And when Peter was come up to Jerusalem, they that were of the circumcision contended with him, 11:3 Saying, Thou wentest in to men uncircumcised, and didst eat with them. 11:4 But Peter rehearsed the matter from the beginning, and expounded it by order unto them, saying,

Acts 11:7 And I heard a voice saying unto me, Arise, Peter; slay and eat. 11:8 But I said, Not so, Lord: for nothing common or unclean hath at any time entered into my mouth. 11:9 But the voice answered me again from heaven, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.

Acts 11:12 And the Spirit bade me go with them, nothing doubting. Moreover these six brethren accompanied me, and we entered into the man's house: 11:13 And he shewed us how he had seen an angel in his house, which stood and said unto him, Send men to Joppa, and call for Simon, whose surname is Peter; 11:14 Who shall tell thee words, whereby thou and all thy house shall be saved.

Acts 11:17 Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God? 11:18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

But properly understanding why that took place in Acts 10, and not earlier in Acts, is just as important to understand.

That also must be properly studied out in, and based on, what Scripture actually teaches on it; not on one's own "well, what it means to me is..."

For a very simple governing principle or general rule of thumb in the proper studying out of these things is...

2 Corinthians 4:13 We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak;