ECT Mad finds itself in the trash by applying simple logic

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Simple "child-like" faith is the prerequisite to receiving the gift of God. The Bible speaks of "Mustard seed faith. Matthew 17:20 states: "And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard-seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you."

You see, faith is concentrated. It doesn't take much in order to bring forth an abundance.

andyc

I'll clarify.

The woman referenced in the OP was clearly repentant. As was David.

David didn't escape the judgement of the law. He lost four sons. That's worse than him and Bathsheba being put to death.

Thus they were forgiven what they did, including David's adultery which had no sacrifice under the Law.

The adulteress, as far as the Word reveals, was evidently not repentant. Thus she evidently was not forgiven. Maybe she was and God didn't tell us...but to insist that Christ did forgive her is speculation, arguing from silence.

David wasn't forgiven. His sons bore the judgement of his sin.
Don't be such a thick head, and start being sensible with scripture.

Deal with the challenge in the OP or admit that you can't.

David wasn't forgiven.

No, the Lord forgave David's sin, pardoned him, but David did not escape the consequences of that sin in this world, as God is not mocked.

2 Samuel 12:13 So David said to Nathan, "I have sinned against the LORD." And Nathan said to David, "The LORD also has put away your sin; you shall not die."

Christians are forgiven but also subject to consequences in this world. There's a difference between a judicial pardon from condemnation and consequences one may suffer in their life. God's ordained legal system has thrown many in prison who repented behind bars, but they are not set free in this world. Read Hebrews 12, a chapter of the Bible all believers in willy-nilly, what-me-worry about sin and transgressions, cheap blood of Christ need to read, about the fruits of the heretical, Cerinthian theology they believe. (The apostle John refused to be in the same room with the man that some of you would consider a mentor, as cheap as Christ's blood is to a few here, mentioning no names, but as free and easy grace is to the nasty, sinful wing of the antinomian mind your very rhetoric betrays. "We don't need no stinking 1 Corinthians 13 or fruit of the Spirit!")

Why Hebrews 12? Because believing God is Santa Claus will spare nobody being kicked to the curb and down the block, those who believe they received a license for lawlessness in Christ. I've seen this in threads here, and you who believe this, tell you what: if you live long enough for God to take you to the woodshed, come back and tell us all what that theology and a dime will buy you, when you've learned the fear of God, that there is this word holiness in scripture and the dictionary some of you have yet to learn, by His rod. Galatians 6:7, Hebrews 12:14

If you are, somehow, spared the rod, skating in spite of anything, this is clear indication it’s high time you consider if you’re really saved, since God states He doesn’t chastise bastards, Hebrews 12:8. In any case, do you think you get by with anything, because you weren’t struck by a lightening bolt? It’s sure some of Satan’s best paid servants live the life, right up to the minute they drop into hell and spend the rest of eternity, wishing they had a drop of water. You cheap grace, nasty folks, if you’ve never had a wakeup call, better get praying for one.

DAN P

David didn't escape the judgement of the law. He lost four sons. That's worse than him and Bathsheba being put to death.

David wasn't forgiven. His sons bore the judgement of his sin.
Don't be such a thick head, and start being sensible with scripture.

Deal with the challenge in the OP or admit that you can't.

Hi and David was forgiven in 2 Sam 12:13 !!

And Heb 9:15 proves it !!

dan p

andyc

dan p

‘Why have you despised the commandment of the LORD, to do evil in His sight? You have killed Uriah the Hittite with the sword; you have taken his wife to be your wife, and have killed him with the sword of the people of Ammon. ‘Now therefore, the sword shall never depart from your house, because you have despised Me, and have taken the wife of Uriah the Hittite to be your wife.’ "Thus says the LORD: ‘Behold, I will raise up adversity against you from your own house; and I will take your wives before your eyes and give them to your neighbor, and he shall lie with your wives in the sight of this sun. ‘For you did it secretly, but I will do this thing before all Israel, before the sun.’" So David said to Nathan, "I have sinned against the LORD." And Nathan said to David, "The LORD also has put away your sin; you shall not die. "However, because by this deed you have given great occasion to the enemies of the LORD to blaspheme, the child also who is born to you shall surely die."

David was not put to death, but he was judged for his sin.

dan p

I'm not sure he meant David was not forgiven in the sense of grace, that David was not forgiven the eternal consequences, though, as he points out the consequences that didn't go away, in fact, David's whole life. I'm thinking forgive was maybe not the best word, that andyc wasn't saying that, as we know it a word involving God's grace and mercy, pardon from eternal consequences?

‘Why have you despised the commandment of the LORD, to do evil in His sight? You have killed Uriah the Hittite with the sword; you have taken his wife to be your wife, and have killed him with the sword of the people of Ammon. ‘Now therefore, the sword shall never depart from your house, because you have despised Me, and have taken the wife of Uriah the Hittite to be your wife.’ "Thus says the LORD: ‘Behold, I will raise up adversity against you from your own house; and I will take your wives before your eyes and give them to your neighbor, and he shall lie with your wives in the sight of this sun. ‘For you did it secretly, but I will do this thing before all Israel, before the sun.’" So David said to Nathan, "I have sinned against the LORD." And Nathan said to David, "The LORD also has put away your sin; you shall not die. "However, because by this deed you have given great occasion to the enemies of the LORD to blaspheme, the child also who is born to you shall surely die."

David was not put to death, but he was judged for his sin.

I believe there's like the Hebrews 12 distinction, though, that true Christians are forgiven all sin, that we may inherit eternal life and receive glory, stand in the presence of God one day, clothed in Christ, but that God's chastisement for that same sin another matter, that it be known there is no license to sin, that there are consequences. By the same argument, that sin is not forgiven if God punishes, is to say God is unjust to chastise for sin, which Hebrews 12 states He will do all sons, but Christians, nonetheless, forgiven and under grace.

andyc

Deut 24:16 says you're a demonic liar. You are too incorrigibly stupid and trollish to be posting in the ECT forum. I hope your access is revoked.

That rule was for the magistrates, but David was the Lords anointed, and therefore he was answerable to God. God judged him severely for his sin.

andyc

As I am sure there are some that hope your access is revoked.

Musty is a pathetic fool who never learns.
His David example has gone up in smoke, and now he has to go away and rethink how to tackle the Op.
He'll opt to agree with Clete and Lighthouse. He has no other choice.

Maybe it's just me, but this seems a very important and interesting topic involving some deeper truths, so, before I shutup, maybe put it this way, in closing?

Jesus Christ is, ultimately, all about eternity. Grace in scripture is about eternal consequences, being free from condemnation of hell, or being made free to live that which is holy, the yoke of Satan off our necks, eyes and ears opened to the things of God by the Spirit of Christ. These things do not make us free of the world, free of the curse or free of the consequences of sin, even God's chastisement, in this life. If forgiveness meant no consequences anymore, period, why did we not change and translate to glory, the minute we were saved and received His Spirit? Countless Christians we all know or have heard of live in the wake of their forgiven sins, carry, as if, that curse, in a cursed world, yet they are washed in the blood of the Lord Jesus by their faith. And we all suffering in this flesh and die, the forgiven with the unforgiven.

So, the things of Christ are focused on eternity and matters of our eternal destinies, clearly not freedom from the consequences of sin in this world and life, nor, in fact, God's punishments anything less than a blessing, if they conform us more to the image of Christ and served as an example to others, as David's life has done down the ages, both the good and bad serving the greater glory of God and His purpose that we be conformed to the image of Christ.

DAN P

I'm not sure he meant David was not forgiven in the sense of grace, that David was not forgiven the eternal consequences, though, as he points out the consequences that didn't go away, in fact, David's whole life. I'm thinking forgive was maybe not the best word, that andyc wasn't saying that, as we know it a word involving God's grace and mercy, pardon from eternal consequences?

Hi and here is why I mention Heb 9:15 , because when Jesus died His blood paid for ALL the sins committed for 1600 years that Israel did their SACRIFICES under the OLD COVENANT !!

dan p