ECT "Lordship 'Salvation'"-perverting the gospel of Christ

God's Truth

Like others here, I've noticed that you are always speaking in INCOMPLETE sentences.

WHAT did Paul believe?

What do you think? What do you think Paul believed? Paul believed what JESUS SAYS.

You never listen to Paul when he explains the order of things:
Eph 1:12-14 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:12) That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ. (1:13) In whom ye also [trusted], after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, (1:14) Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Paul does NOT put obedience BETWEEN the believing of the gospel and sealing with the Holy Spirit!

Are you kidding? The gospel MESSAGE IS ABOUT REPENTING OF SINS.

It real easy:

• TRUSTED AFTER you HEARD the GOSPEL OF YOUR SALVATION
YEAH! That is right, gospel of salvation. Gospel of SALVATION is to repent of your sins. What sins? The sins Jesus died for and will wash away once you repent of them!

Notice that Paul CLEARLY shows us that God "quickened us together with Christ" WHEN we were dead in sins. THIS salvation is BY GRACE through FAITH. But YOU keep trying to make it YOUR obedience that makes it happen.
Dead in sins means we did not have to get circumcised before Jesus would save us.

The Gentiles were dead in their UNCIRCUMCISED flesh.

Colossians 2:13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins,

Once AGAIN, some SCRIPTURAL proof we be WONDERFUL.

God gave Paul work to do, but the Bible NEVER tells us that this in order to be saved.

He prayed and then heard and agreed to a message which we see completed in his water baptism.

Just think about this, Jesus tells Paul he will tell him what to do.

You want to argue that Jesus did not tell Paul to do anything. You are wrong .

Acts 9:6 but get up and enter the city, and it will be told you what you must do."…

Did you read that?

Jesus says and it will be told you WHAT YOU MUST DO.

God's Truth

This is a nice religion that you have. But you continue to take it out of context and chop OUT what Paul writes in his epistles AFTER he received the revelation of the mystery (of which you clearly have no knowledge).

Romans 10 does NOT say ANYTHING about WATER before "calling on the name of the Lord".

Read this---

Romans 10:9 If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Did you read it?
Tell me, if you confess with your mouth that JESUS IS LORD---what do you think? You better be obeying him.

Luke 6:46 "Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say?

NOWHERE in scripture does God connect Paul's obedience with his salvation.

As a matter of fact, it does say that Paul was the FIRST one saved purely by God's grace WHILE HE WAS AN ENEMY!
1Tim 1:16 (KJV)
(1:16) Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

Did Paul obtain this MERCY because he obeyed or because God is merciful? Why does Paul NOT include obedience in THIS CLEAR STATEMENT?
What does this scripture say?
What does Paul say?
Acts 9:5 "Who are you, Lord?" Saul asked.

What does Jesus then say?

"I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting," he replied.

Was Paul saved then when he believed? No.

Read what Jesus tells Paul.
6 but get up and enter the city, and it will be told you what you must do."…

Did you read it? Jesus says it will be told to him what he must do.

WHAT HE MUST DO.

Cross Reference

Pentecost is an annual celebration. The term is most often used by Christians. But this fiftieth day is a Jewish observance, holy day, celebration, called Shavuot (this is not the only name).

It was still called the day of Pentecost.. What is the problem?

The where this occurred is recorded in the early part of the book of the Acts of the Apostles. I can get you a reference if you need it.

Sure, if you think I have it wrong.

Derf

That is the problem gt has, gt has no understanding of the meaning of what Jesus said in context, but gt boasts that gt does everything He said and then when someone points something He said, gt, says 'well, no, gt cannot do that one'.

Yes, gt reads His words.
Yes, gt parrots His words.
However, gt, has no understanding of His words in context.
your post was confusing.

The previous one gt complained about

Last edited:

Danoh

No, I was not thinking that you don't have a Bible. I don't know why you think that or why you are asking me that now. I quoted or posted the verse because you posted a reference for it. It is a courtesy at minimum. But my purpose is in following what you are saying. I already know of this verse. But, posting the verse shows that I understand what you are talking about.

No; you don't know what RD was talking about as to that passage in Acts 7:38.

You actually made that obvious yourself, even before RD responded.

This that follows is what RD was actually responding to...

I am speaking of when the Spirit of God was first poured out. I don't know if the church was in existence before that.

It did exist before - Acts 7:38.

RD tried feeding you with meat, but you are yet unable to bear it; you are still in need of milk.

Unfortunately, so much so, that to point this out is, in your mind; to brow beat you.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
No; you don't know what RD was talking about as to that passage in Acts 7:38.

You actually made that obvious yourself, even before RD responded.

This that follows is what RD was actually responding to...

It did exist before - Acts 7:38.

RD tried feeding you with meat, but you are yet unable to bear it; you are still in need of milk.

Unfortunately, so much so, that to point this out is, in your mind; to brow beat you.
I understood.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
It was still called the day of Pentecost.. What is the problem?
Was it called Pentecost in the Torah? Not that I know of. But in Acts it is this 50th day that is being referred to.
Sure, if you think I have it wrong.
Acts 1:4, 8, 12, 19 NASB - 4 Gathering them together, He commanded them not to leave Jerusalem, but to wait for what the Father had promised, "Which," He said, "you heard of from Me; ... 8 but you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth." ... 12 Then they returned to Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is near Jerusalem, a Sabbath day's journey away. ... 19 And it became known to all who were living in Jerusalem; so that in their own language that field was called Hakeldama, that is, Field of Blood.)

Acts 2:5, 14 NASB - 5 Now there were Jews living in Jerusalem, devout men from every nation under heaven. ... 14 But Peter, taking his stand with the eleven, raised his voice and declared to them: "Men of Judea and all you who live in Jerusalem, let this be known to you and give heed to my words.

Cross Reference

Was it called Pentecost in the Torah? Not that I know of. But in Acts it is this 50th day that is being referred to.

Yes.

Acts 1:4, 8, 12, 19 NASB - 4 Gathering them together, He commanded them not to leave Jerusalem, but to wait for what the Father had promised, "Which," He said, "you heard of from Me; ... 8 but you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth." ... 12 Then they returned to Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is near Jerusalem, a Sabbath day's journey away. ... 19 And it became known to all who were living in Jerusalem; so that in their own language that field was called Hakeldama, that is, Field of Blood.)

Acts 2:5, 14 NASB - 5 Now there were Jews living in Jerusalem, devout men from every nation under heaven. ... 14 But Peter, taking his stand with the eleven, raised his voice and declared to them: "Men of Judea and all you who live in Jerusalem, let this be known to you and give heed to my words.

I don't understand your point in this. What am I missing you believe I need know that might have a bearing on my life?

Right Divider

Body part
Read this---

Romans 10:9 If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Did you read it?
Tell me, if you confess with your mouth that JESUS IS LORD---what do you think? You better be obeying him.

Luke 6:46 "Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say?
Thanks for confirming that there is no water command in Romans 10.

What does this scripture say?
What does Paul say?
Acts 9:5 "Who are you, Lord?" Saul asked.

What does Jesus then say?

"I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting," he replied.

Was Paul saved then when he believed? No.

Read what Jesus tells Paul.
6 but get up and enter the city, and it will be told you what you must do."…

Did you read it? Jesus says it will be told to him what he must do.

WHAT HE MUST DO.
ONCE AGAIN, it does NOT says "what you must do TO BE SAVED".

Right Divider

Body part
Indeed, it is in place and it is the last one. It is known by the word "Redemption". As with God's covenant made with Abraham, God provided the Sacrifice that sealed it. His Name is Jesus Christ.
Well, you're wrong as the Bible says that NOBODY will need to "...teach every man his brother, KNOW the LORD, for ALL will know Me...".
Jer 31:34 (AKJV/PCE)
(31:34) And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Can you show me?
I don't understand your point in this. What am I missing you believe I need know that might have a bearing on my life?
I believe you said you wanted the scripture. These verses have the word Jerusalem in them, and pertain to when the Spirit of God was poured out the first time. This is how and why I say the early church was entirely Jewish.

Cross Reference

Can you show me?

I believe you said you wanted the scripture. These verses have the word Jerusalem in them, and pertain to when the Spirit of God was poured out the first time. This is how and why I say the early church was entirely Jewish.

And I say, "So what", specially when God had every intention of including the Gentiles and did . . by Peter and Paul Acts 10 being the first account? So again I ask what is your point on majoring on that?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
And I say, "So what", specially when God had every intention of including the Gentiles and did . . by Peter and Paul Acts 10 being the first account? So again I ask what is your point on majoring on that?
I asked you if you wanted the verses for what you stated, that is all.

Cross Reference

Well, you're wrong as the Bible says that NOBODY will need to "...teach every man his brother, KNOW the LORD, for ALL will know Me...".
Jer 31:34 (AKJV/PCE)
(31:34) And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Wake up! You are mixing apples with oranges. In the day Jesus speaks of is not by covenant but what covenant relationship will produce for Him. It being "Redemption" unto "intimacy in God and Jesus Christ whom has sent", the means by which will be accomplished the day you site for both Jew and Gentile..

You demonstrate that you lack insight for understanding from what you read from scriptures.