ECT "Lordship 'Salvation'"-perverting the gospel of Christ

Derf

Please demonstrate your "little Christs" theory from scripture.

Sure.
"and when he found him, he brought him to Antioch. So for a whole year Barnabas and Saul met with the church and taught great numbers of people. The disciples were called Christians first at Antioch." Acts 11:26 (I'm sure you already know that "Christian" means "little Christ". It was probably derogatorily used at first, but, as God often uses the heathen to bring about His perfect plan, it put the people of God back into the place where they were called by His name.)

"And you should imitate me, just as I imitate Christ." 1 Cor 11:1

And what did Jesus do?
"If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commands and remain in his love." John 15:10

There are a lot more...

Right Divider

Body part
Sure.
"and when he found him, he brought him to Antioch. So for a whole year Barnabas and Saul met with the church and taught great numbers of people. The disciples were called Christians first at Antioch." Acts 11:26 (I'm sure you already know that "Christian" means "little Christ". It was probably derogatorily used at first, but, as God often uses the heathen to bring about His perfect plan, it put the people of God back into the place where they were called by His name.)

"And you should imitate me, just as I imitate Christ." 1 Cor 11:1

And what did Jesus do?
"If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commands and remain in his love." John 15:10

There are a lot more...
So you're saying that we should we should be Christians like Paul. Cool!

God's Truth

So you're saying that we should we should be Christians like Paul. Cool!

Paul did what Jesus said, didn't eat or drink for a few days, and spent that time praying.

He then was baptized with a water baptism of repentance.

Do you preach a water baptism of repentance?

Did you fast and pray for three days before you were saved?

lifeisgood

You have to be kidding if you want people to believe you have not called me names for what I preach. Even if you merely give someone a thanks or a pos rep for saying those things to me makes you guilty. Do you really want to keep being untruthful about how you treat me and the things you say?

Tell us all right now that you go against John W., glordaz, Musterd, Right Divider, and all who call me devil, and that I have a perverse gospel, etc.

Tell us all right now that you do NOT think that what I preach is perverse.

Straighten it out now by answering those questions, because I have a life and I am not going to look up all your old posts.

You've got to be kidding me. You who boast of OBEYING EVERY thing Jesus said, don't turn the other cheek.

Oh, one more thing Jesus said that you who BOAST of doing EVERY thing He said won't do. Got it.

God's Truth

You've got to be kidding me. You who boast of OBEYING EVERY thing Jesus said, don't turn the other cheek.

Oh, one more thing Jesus said that you who BOAST of doing EVERY thing He said won't do. Got it.

What you said makes no sense. You are like a child who hates and cannot get past it, IMHO.

lifeisgood

Paul did what Jesus said, didn't eat or drink for a few days, and spent that time praying.

Yes, he did. The same thing would happen to you if you were per adventure to see the resurrected Lord of Glory.

Incorrect.

No. NEITHER did Paul preach it.

For I have NOT been SENT to BAPTIZE, but to preach the Gospel: not with wisdom of words lest the Cross of Christ should be made of none effect. (I Cor. 1:17)

No, didn't even know the Lord was going to save me that day.
BTW, neither did Paul.

lifeisgood

What you said makes no sense. You are like a child who hates and cannot get past it, IMHO.

That is the problem gt has, gt has no understanding of the meaning of what Jesus said in context, but gt boasts that gt does everything He said and then when someone points something He said, gt, says 'well, no, gt cannot do that one'.

Yes, gt reads His words.
Yes, gt parrots His words.
However, gt, has no understanding of His words in context.

Right Divider

Body part

I'm not surprised by more silliness from you.

Paul had NOT YET been given the VAST majority of the ABUNDANCE of REVELATIONS that GOD would later give HIM!

God's Truth

Yes, he did. The same thing would happen to you if you were per adventure to see the resurrected Lord of Glory.

Incorrect.

No. NEITHER did Paul preach it.

For I have NOT been SENT to BAPTIZE, but to preach the Gospel: not with wisdom of words lest the Cross of Christ should be made of none effect. (I Cor. 1:17)

No, didn't even know the Lord was going to save me that day.
BTW, neither did Paul.

Paul had to obey Jesus to be saved. He also had a water baptism and did not preach against water baptism.

He spoke against people not understanding what water baptism is and rebuked them for making it into something wrong.

God's Truth

That is the problem gt has, gt has no understanding of the meaning of what Jesus said in context, but gt boasts that gt does everything He said and then when someone points something He said, gt, says 'well, no, gt cannot do that one'.

Yes, gt reads His words.
Yes, gt parrots His words.
However, gt, has no understanding of His words in context.

Just believe what is plainly written.

God's Truth

Where does the Bible tell you that?

Jesus saved Paul after Paul believed and obeyed him.

When Paul was on the road to Damascus, Jesus spoke to him and Paul believed. Paul was not then saved.

Acts 9:5 "Who are you, Lord?" Saul asked. "I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting," he replied.

6 but get up and enter the city, and it will be told you what you must do."…

Paul had to obey Jesus before Jesus saved him...Paul had to go where Jesus told him to go; Paul went.

After Paul went, he fasted; he did not eat or drink anything for three days.

Acts 9:9 And he was three days without sight, and neither ate nor drank.

Paul spent this time praying. If you do not think that Paul spent this time begging for forgiveness and repenting, then you would be badly mistaken.

Acts 9:11 The Lord told him, "Go to the house of Judas on Straight Street and ask for a man from Tarsus named Saul, for he is praying.

When Paul had his vision restored to him, he was told to get up, be baptized and wash his sins away, calling on the Lord.

When people were baptized with water that was symbolic of having their sins washed away, after they repented.

In addition, people came out of the water after repenting and being baptized, they called upon the name of the Lord.

We are told to believe, and repent, and to call upon the name of the Lord.

Romans 10:13 for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."

Acts 22:16 And now what are you waiting for? Get up, be baptized and wash your sins away, calling on his name.'

Paul did what we all are told to do.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Against the warning in Matt. 12:30-32; Israel continually rejected the offer of the NC and its' condition, and was concluded having remained in spiritual UNcircumcision in Acts 7:51.

Hopefully, you are at least rereading the passages I am citing.

But anyway, consider the following in light this warning from...
Danoh,

The first believers were of Israel, being that the early church was entirely Jewish. What I am saying is that the new covenant did at that time come to the house of Israel and the house of Judah. God did not give it to the Gentiles instead.

Cross Reference

Danoh,

The first believers were of Israel, being that the early church was entirely Jewish. What I am saying is that the new covenant did at that time come to the house of Israel and the house of Judah. God did not give it to the Gentiles instead.

The covenant being redemption as its foundation, was given to all men, everywhere. First to the of house of Israel was it made known. When they rejected it was it then opened for the gentiles for their understanding. Enter Paul.
Only when redemption is made clear can immediate salvation and progressive salvation, be understood.

Last edited:

Danoh

Danoh,

Say what you want, it matters not; Acts 3 relates the blotting out of THEIR sin is after the Lord returns.

I know well what you are saying. And you are wrong; Acts 2 is NEITHER the BEGINNING of the church mentioned in Matt. 16, NOR is it THAT Church which is His Body.

Cross Reference

Say what you want, it matters not; Acts 3 relates the blotting out of THEIR sin is after the Lord returns.

I know well what you are saying. And you are wrong; Acts 2 is NEITHER the BEGINNING of the church mentioned in Matt. 16, NOR is it THAT Church which is His Body.

Back to your books. God will have at least 144,000 souls from Israel before He returns. Does that amount ring a bell with you.?

Cross Reference

[MENTION=13491]Cross Reference[/MENTION]

You will have to forgive me for I do not understand what you are trying to tell me.

What law are you talking about?
Abraham had no law at least that I can see.

Abraham was disobedient for he went to Hagar and produced Ishmael which consequences we are still feeling today.

Much of some of what was permissible was that which was "winked at" by God. It, however, was looked upon as law by tradition, I guess, within the Hebrew community and of course elsewhere. Read the account of David and Solomon re concubines and the many, many wives, to see it hadn't changed even when the written law came about. Seeing this we can better accept the latitude given Abraham when interpreting the means by which a son would be born of Sarah.

What I like to think is God foreknew all of this of Abraham-Ishmael to use for creating what we presently witness in the world today re Islam for ushering in of the end of this age.

Hope that helps.