ECT "Lordship 'Salvation'"-perverting the gospel of Christ

Derf

Are you jealous? Is that why you speak slander about me?

Jealous of what? Your ability to parry anything that smacks of criticism, including your own words? As much as I appreciate what appears to be a strong desire to follow God's commands and exhort others to do so as well, your efforts are wasted if you can't admit any fault...ever.

Derf

If perfect obedience was a requirement of eternal life, nobody would get it but Jesus.

Perfect obedience IS required of everybody. And it is only achieved by one, as you said: Jesus. The only way we make is to be born of him, to become "little Christs". And if we are in His family we certainly would want to follow His rules.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
You MADists claim to follow Paul but you even dismiss what he says, I added Jesus word too:

Romans 2:16 (English Standard Version)
16 on that day when, according to my gospel, God judges the secrets of men by Christ Jesus.

2 Timothy 4
1 In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead,

John 17
1After Jesus said this, he looked toward heaven and prayed: "Father, the time has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you.

2For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him.

John 5:
25I tell you the truth, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live. 26For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son to have life in himself. 27And he has given him authority to judge because he is the Son of Man.

Cross Reference

No, fool. Mid-Acts does not even see Christianity as a religion.

The only religion in Scripture is "the Law for righteousness."

Jesus Christ IS THE LAW OF RIGHTEOUSNESS!

Christianity is about the work of Another for righteousnes.

No kiddin', Dick Tracey!

As usual, you are stuck in your tradition.

Fool; you know nothing of the finished work of Christ, and even less about Mid-Acts - you are just one more worker bee - go back to the hive that is your religion.

Get understanding about what others saying before mouthing off with your silly accusations!

By your manmade "religious doctrine" do you make Paul's gospel a "religion of religious grace" instead of recognizing Paul to being focussing on Jesus Christ and Him crucified, in all he wrote!!!!!

To continue in your "vanity" is to continue with a great lack of insight when attempting to sort out the issues of life in Christ. Folly can only be your end.

Cross Reference

Perfect obedience IS required of everybody. And it is only achieved by one, as you said: Jesus. The only way we make is to be born of him, to become "little Christs". And if we are in His family we certainly would want to follow His rules.

Amen!!

Perhaps this will help:

"And straightway He constrained His disciples to get into the ship, and to go to the other side."… Mark 6:45–52.

"We are apt to imagine that if Jesus Christ constrains us, and we obey Him, He will lead us to great success. We must never put our dreams of success as God’s purpose for us; His purpose may be exactly the opposite. We have an idea that God is leading us to a particular end, a desired goal; He is not. The question of getting to a particular end is a mere incident. What we call the process, God calls the end.

What is my dream of God’s purpose? His purpose is that I depend on Him and on His power now. If I can stay in the middle of the turmoil calm and unperplexed, that is the end of the purpose of God. God is not working towards a particular finish; His end is the process—that I see Him walking on the waves, no shore in sight, no success, no goal, just the absolute certainty that it is all right because I see Him walking on the sea. It is the process, not the end, which is glorifying to God.

God’s training is for now, not presently. His purpose is for this minute, not for something in the future. We have nothing to do with the afterwards of obedience; we get wrong when we think of the afterwards. What men call training and preparation, God calls the end.

God’s end is to enable me to see that He can walk on the chaos of my life just now. If we have a further end in view, we do not pay sufficient attention to the immediate present; but if we realize that obedience is the end, then each moment as it comes is precious". . . .Oswald Chambers

Right Divider

Body part
Please demonstrate your "little Christs" theory from scripture.

God's Truth

Jealous of what? Your ability to parry anything that smacks of criticism, including your own words? As much as I appreciate what appears to be a strong desire to follow God's commands and exhort others to do so as well, your efforts are wasted if you can't admit any fault...ever.

You have been desperately trying to make up places you claim I have not obeyed.

It shows what you are.

Right Divider

Body part
Why, if you know scripture?
Because YOU are making a claim; so YOU need to back it up with some scripture.

Not that being a "little Christ" is to be taken in the literal sense but, what does being born again from above mean to you or signify?
Being "born from above" in the CONTEXT in which Jesus spoke it, is in reference to Israel.

Once again, the kingdom of God that Jesus was preaching during His earthly ministry referred to Israel and their kingdom above the other nations.
John 3:10 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:10) Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?

Clearly, Nicodemus should have known these things. The prophets of Israel had told them already (Ezek 37).

Note the use of singular and plural in John 3:7.
John 3:7 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:7) Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Thee is singular; Ye is plural.

Jesus is telling Nicodemus (thee) that Israel (ye) must be born again (see Isaiah 66).

Cross Reference

Because YOU are making a claim; so YOU need to back it up with some scripture.

What claim is that?

Being "born from above" in the CONTEXT in which Jesus spoke it, is in reference to Israel.

Got scripture for that? I lean of John 3:3-5. What's your crutch?

Once again, the kingdom of God that Jesus was preaching during His earthly ministry referred to Israel and their kingdom above the other nations.

Bull! Jesus made no such distinction that would not have included all of the seed of Abraham, including gentiles.

John 3:10 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:10) Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?

And?

Clearly, Nicodemus should have known these things. The prophets of Israel had told them already (Ezek 37).

Yes! And?? So he was remiss in his studies. What did he miss out on that YOU declare was strictly for Israel? Obviously he didn't recognize Jesus as the mesiah either but, that could be said of you. You probably think he was Paul.

Note the use of singular and plural in John 3:7.
John 3:7 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:7) Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

"Ye" or "you"? Who is Jesus speaking of if not EVERY man because the same pronouncement went out to the gentiles by Peter, John and Paul?

Thee is singular; Ye is plural.

You are majoring on minors.

Jesus is telling Nicodemus (thee) that Israel (ye) must be born again (see Isaiah 66).

Ditto, Bull!

Right Divider

Body part
What claim is that?
Try to follow along. Go back and find it yourself, you wrote it.

Got scripture for that? I lean of John 3:3-5. What's your crutch?
I don't have a crutch (as apparently you do).

Bull! Jesus made no such distinction that would not have included all of the seed of Abraham, including gentiles.
You are ignorant of Jesus' earthly ministry.
Matt 15:21-24 (AKJV/PCE)
(15:21) ¶ Then Jesus went thence, and departed into the coasts of Tyre and Sidon. (15:22) And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, [thou] Son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil. (15:23) But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us. (15:24) But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Yes! And?? So he was remiss in his studies. What did he miss out on that YOU declare was strictly for Israel? Obviously he didn't recognize Jesus as the mesiah either but, that could be said of you. You probably think he was Paul.
What an incredibly stupid comment!

"Ye" or "you"? Who is Jesus speaking of if not EVERY man because the same pronouncement went out to the gentiles by Peter, John and Paul?
Show the scripture. Paul NEVER tells us to be "born again".

You are majoring on minors.
No, I am pointing out important details that you are unable to comprehend. But that makes complete sense.

Ditto, Bull!
Because YOU say so? So much for that meaning anything.

P.S. Learn how to QUOTE!

Cross Reference

Try to follow along. Go back and find it yourself, you wrote it.

It's tough following someone as arrogant as you.

I don't have a crutch (as apparently you do).

You haven't anything to lean on because you think you got it all. Sad but, it is the way of arrogance.

You are ignorant of Jesus' earthly ministry.
Matt 15:21-24 (AKJV/PCE)
(15:21) ¶ Then Jesus went thence, and departed into the coasts of Tyre and Sidon. (15:22) And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, [thou] Son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil. (15:23) But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us. (15:24) But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Yes. He did say that didn't he, however, that is not what I wrote for your understanding unless you want that by Him to be the overarching comment of His visitation as you already have?

What an incredibly stupid comment!
As I would make to anyone with your disposition.

Show the scripture. Paul NEVER tells us to be "born again".

Why should he have had to when the crowd he wrote to was, in addition to being Pentecostal? Having made that declaration, know that Peter did: "Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever." 1 Peter 1:23 (KJV)

Think he might count in this discussion?

No, I am pointing out important details that you are unable to comprehend. But that makes complete sense.

Your details are no details because they are slanted, as in biased, in an untoward way..

Because YOU say so? So much for that meaning anything.

P.S. Learn how to QUOTE!

Learn Jesus Christ as Paul would tell you to do.

lifeisgood

He falsely accused me of being a perverse person.

Why are you defending his false accusations? Oh yeah, I know why, it is because it is what you falsely call me too.

Then you turn around and accuse me of saying I accused you of being a perverse person when I have never done such.

And that coming from a servant that boasts of doing EVERY thing Jesus said and then, say, 'well, I, gt, cannot do that one, or that one either, and guess what the other one, either.' Never turning the other cheek. Go figure.

God's Truth

Then you turn around and accuse me of saying I accused you of being a perverse person when I have never done such.

And that coming from a servant that boasts of doing EVERY thing Jesus said and then, say, 'well, I, gt, cannot do that one, or that one either, and guess what the other one, either.' Never turning the other cheek. Go figure.

You have to be kidding if you want people to believe you have not called me names for what I preach. Even if you merely give someone a thanks or a pos rep for saying those things to me makes you guilty. Do you really want to keep being untruthful about how you treat me and the things you say?

Tell us all right now that you go against John W., glordaz, Musterd, Right Divider, and all who call me devil, and that I have a perverse gospel, etc.

Tell us all right now that you do NOT think that what I preach is perverse.

Straighten it out now by answering those questions, because I have a life and I am not going to look up all your old posts.

Right Divider

Body part
It's tough following someone as arrogant as you.
I'm arrogant because I ask you to actually read and keep up with what we are talking about?

Get over yourself!

You haven't anything to lean on because you think you got it all. Sad but, it is the way of arrogance.
No, that's just you rejecting.

I understand a lot of things because I've studied them. That does NOT equate to arrogance.

Yes. He did say that didn't he, however, that is not what I wrote for your understanding unless you want that by Himto be the overarching comment of His visitation as you already have?
It actually IS one of His overarching statements about His ministry. And Jesus confirms this through Paul:
Rom 15:8 (AKJV/PCE)
(15:8) Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises [made] unto the fathers:

Take a wild guess WHO the "fathers" are.

As I would make to anyone with your disposition.
No, it actually was really stupid.

Why should he have had to when the crowd he wrote to was, in addition to being Pentecostal? Having made that declaration, know that Peter did: "Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever."1Peter 1:23 (KJV)

Think he might count in this discussion?
One of the circumcision apostles? Writing to the twelve tribes of Israel? Once again, keep it in CONTEXT.

Your details are no details because they are slanted, as in biased, in an untoward way..
Your bias is showing, you false accuser.

Learn Jesus Christ as Paul would tell you to do.

I have and I explain it clearly to you all of the time. You just refuse to understand it (like most).

Cross Reference

I'm arrogant because I ask you to actually read and keep up with what we are talking about?

Get over yourself!

No, that's just you rejecting.

I understand a lot of things because I've studied them. That does NOT equate to arrogance.

It actually IS one of His overarching statements about His ministry. And Jesus confirms this through Paul:
Rom 15:8 (AKJV/PCE)
(15:8) Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises [made] unto the fathers:

Take a wild guess WHO the "fathers" are.

No, it actually was really stupid.

One of the circumcision apostles? Writing to the twelve tribes of Israel? Once again, keep it in CONTEXT.

Your bias is showing, you false accuser.

I have and I explain it clearly to you all of the time. You just refuse to understand it (like most).

You have listened to too many J. Veron Mcgee "Back to the Bible" broadcasts.

None of what you regurgitate to me is more than that. Bits and pieces strung out to be accepted as all there is to know about the mission of Jesus. Sad. All based upon commentary.

Right Divider

Body part
You have listened to too many J. Veron Mcgee "Back to the Bible" broadcasts.
Your ASSUMPTION is incorrect.

None of what you regurgitate to me is more than that. Bits and pieces strung out to be accepted as all there is to know about the mission of Jesus. Sad. All based upon commentary.
I have not regurgitated anything. I have given you correctly understood scripture IN ITS CONTEXT.

So you, ONCE AGAIN, make a false accusation to complete your post.

You are a sad case indeed.