ECT "Lordship 'Salvation'"-perverting the gospel of Christ

lifeisgood

Abraham is our father BECAUSE HE OBEYED.

Genesis 26:4-5 I will make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and will give them all these lands, and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed, because Abraham obeyed me and kept my requirements, my commands, my decrees and my laws."

"And he (Abraham) BELIEVED in the LORD; and he (the LORD) counted it to him for righteousness" which you can find in Genesis 15:6 which is BEFORE Genesis 26:4-5.

Right Divider

Body part
Abraham is our father because HE BELIEVED AND OBEYED.

God even TESTED Abraham's faith by WHAT HE DID.

All you know is what your false teachers said.

Read what the written Word of God says.
As Paul makes CLEAR, Abraham was DECLARED righteous by his FAITH..... BEFORE he did ANYTHING!

Rom 4:1-7 (AKJV/PCE)
(4:1) What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found? (4:2) For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath [whereof] to glory; but not before God. (4:3) For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness. (4:4) Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. (4:5) But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (4:6) Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works, (4:7) [Saying], Blessed [are] they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

Gen 15:4-6 (AKJV/PCE)
(15:4) And, behold, the word of the LORD [came] unto him, saying, This shall not be thine heir; but he that shall come forth out of thine own bowels shall be thine heir. (15:5) And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be. (15:6) And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness.

You are the Biblically illiterate one.

Cross Reference

Isaac. God's promise.

Abraham was disobedient he produced Ishmael.
Remember --- Sara is not my wife just my sister --- had not God in His mercy and grace intervened...........Satan would have been dancing until now. Praise God that His mercy and grace intervened.

God was explicit when it came to the promise God gave to Abraham. No question about it it was explicit and, yes, Abraham was disobedient producing Ishmael.

THE LAW, THE LAW, THE LAW!!!! HE DIDN'T VIOLTATE IT!!! ERGO, NO REBUKE FROM GOD. ABRAHAM WASN'T DISOBEDIENT. THAT GOES FOR THE SISTER THING YOU NOW WISH TO INJECT INTO THIS.

HOWEVER, IF YOU NEED TO BE RIGHT I'LL LET YOU AND MOVE ON. TOO BAD YOU DON'T RECOGNIZE WHAT GOD PLANNED WITH ABRAHAM AND BY ABRAHAM'S DECISIONS THAT COULD NOT BE AGAINST GOD'S WILL! SO GO ON AND BE RIGHT.

lifeisgood

[MENTION=13491]Cross Reference[/MENTION]

You will have to forgive me for I do not understand what you are trying to tell me.

What law are you talking about?
Abraham had no law at least that I can see.

Abraham was disobedient for he went to Hagar and produced Ishmael which consequences we are still feeling today.

Cross Reference

[MENTION=13491]Cross Reference[/MENTION]

You will have to forgive me for I do not understand what you are trying to tell me.

What law are you talking about?
Abraham had no law at least that I can see.

Abraham was disobedient for he went to Hagar and produced Ishmael which consequences we are still feeling today.

Where does it say he was disobedient? . . .at anytime you believe he was?? Stick to the scriptures not your interpretation.

God's Truth

"And he (Abraham) BELIEVED in the LORD; and he (the LORD) counted it to him for righteousness" which you can find in Genesis 15:6 which is BEFORE Genesis 26:4-5.

Abraham believed AND OBEYED. You cannot get around that.

Abraham's faith was TESTED.

Tell me how was Abraham's faith tested?

God's Truth

As Paul makes CLEAR, Abraham was DECLARED righteous by his FAITH..... BEFORE he did ANYTHING!

Rom 4:1-7 (AKJV/PCE)
(4:1) What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found? (4:2) For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath [whereof] to glory; but not before God. (4:3) For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness. (4:4) Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. (4:5) But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (4:6) Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works, (4:7) [Saying], Blessed [are] they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

Gen 15:4-6 (AKJV/PCE)
(15:4) And, behold, the word of the LORD [came] unto him, saying, This shall not be thine heir; but he that shall come forth out of thine own bowels shall be thine heir. (15:5) And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be. (15:6) And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness.

You are the Biblically illiterate one.

NO. NOT before he did ANYTHING. Before he was CIRCUMCISED!!! Circumcision is a work symbolizing the old law.

God's Truth

Romans 4:10 Under what circumstances was it credited? Was it after he was circumcised, or before? It was not after, but before!

DID YOU READ THAT?

CIRCUMCISION is the work that is spoken of---NOT OBEYING.

God's Truth

False teachers have led you astray. Nowhere anywhere in the Bible is obeying God put down.

Circumcision is a work symbolic of people cleaning themselves.

Circumcision is a work that symbolizes ALL WORKS of purification/ceremony allowances.

SaulToPaul 2

False teachers have led you astray. Nowhere anywhere in the Bible is obeying God put down.

Circumcision is a work symbolic of people cleaning themselves.

Circumcision is a work that symbolizes ALL WORKS of purification/ceremony allowances.

I always thought circumcision was a picture of the removal/death of the flesh.

God's Truth

THE LAW, THE LAW, THE LAW!!!! HE DIDN'T VIOLTATE IT!!! ERGO, NO REBUKE FROM GOD. ABRAHAM WASN'T DISOBEDIENT. THAT GOES FOR THE SISTER THING YOU NOW WISH TO INJECT INTO THIS.

HOWEVER, IF YOU NEED TO BE RIGHT I'LL LET YOU AND MOVE ON. TOO BAD YOU DON'T RECOGNIZE WHAT GOD PLANNED WITH ABRAHAM AND BY ABRAHAM'S DECISIONS THAT COULD NOT BE AGAINST GOD'S WILL! SO GO ON AND BE RIGHT.
That is a good example of Abraham obeying. Abraham was married to his half sister, which later was included in the old law of what one is not to do.

God's Truth

I always thought circumcision was a picture of the removal/death of the flesh.

No. Circumcision is symbolic of cleanliness.

The ceremonial/PURIFICATION works were done for over 1,600 years, and it was done by those who made themselves clean, just to go to the temple to worship God, for that is where His Spirit was.

God's Truth

Think about it...does cutting the the flesh have anything to do with the spirit?

No. However, obeying what God says to do has to do with the spirit.

So then, we no longer have to cut the flesh to obey, but we still have to obey.

What do we have to obey?

We have to obey all the things concerning our spirit.