ECT "Lordship 'Salvation'"-perverting the gospel of Christ

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Whether he said it or not matters little, since he showed it by becoming a man and dying for us.

That the law was insufficient to save is a constant theme of the gospel.

So you disregard His commands to His followers.

I got it.

thanks.

God's Truth

I'm not trying to "prosper against you" (whatever that means and yet ANOTHER childish change of subject).

You need to get over your "fantasy faith" and come to understand what God is actually saying in the scripture.

You do not have any understanding of the truth and what is spiritual.

ClimateSanity

I'm not trying to "prosper against you" (whatever that means and yet ANOTHER childish change of subject).

You need to get over your "fantasy faith" and come to understand what God is actually saying in the scripture.

I grew up with a cousin who had such a fantasy faith. She thought she was the only one obeying God because she convinced herself she was. She did this by constantly comparing herself to others. They did not seem serious in their faith to her and therefore, they were being disobedient. When she thought none of her christian friends were around, she lived the life of a hellion. Her behaviour was outrageous for someone who was so loud and proud of her spirituality and obedience. If you dared point out the double life she was living, she would fly into a rage and went into why you were such a rotten Christian headed for the lake of fire.

Danoh

I grew up with a cousin who had such a fantasy faith. She thought she was the only one obeying God because she convinced herself she was. She did this by constantly comparing herself to others. They did not seem serious in their faith to her and therefore, they were being disobedient. When she thought none of her christian friends were around, she lived the life of a hellion. Her behaviour was outrageous for someone who was so loud and proud of her spirituality and obedience. If you dared point out the double life she was living, she would fly into a rage and went into why you were such a rotten Christian headed for the lake of fire.

Many a Believer is like that; Pastors included.

That such would be the rule more than the exception on here as well, should not be surprising.

Talk about a sobering thought...

lifeisgood

God PROMISED ABRAHAM that He would, because of his love for God and obedience to God, would, have from his flesh and blood, because he obeyed, have a Savior to Israel---and a Savior to the whole world.

God promised something to Abraham that was not contingent on Abraham's obedience but on God's word; had it been contingent on Abraham's obedience, there would have been no Jewish people and no Jewish nation and no Savior as Abraham was NOT obedient and Abraham produced Ishmael, which was a product of Abraham's disobedience to God.

Abraham did NOT wait for God's time, and because of Abraham's DISOBEDIENCE we have Ishmael (product of Abraham's disobedience) continually procuring to kill Isaac (God's promise).

However, praise God, that Abraham understood his disobedience and when now God tested Abraham's faith, Abraham did not disobey God and passed the test of his faith with flying colors and because of it we now have a peculiar people and a peculiar nation and an awesome Redeemer.

Oh, but how much easier it would have been had Abraham rejected Hagar.

The world is still paying for Abraham's first disobedience and also enjoying Abraham's final total obedience --- Jesus Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary.

lifeisgood

You can never prosper against me, ever, because I always speak about obedience to Christ.

You, gt, can SPEAK all you want, the UNsaved also speaks.

The sad part is that your SPEAK cannot translate in OBEYING ALL Jesus said to do, that you so vociferously declare you do practice and then you sheepishly say 'well, no, I, gt, do NOT PRACTICE that one, no, I, gt, cannot obey that one', but 'I, gt, OBEY EVERYTHING Jesus said.'

Oh, foolish one, who has bewitched you?

Cross Reference

God promised something to Abraham that was not contingent on Abraham's obedience but on God's word; had it been contingent on Abraham's obedience, there would have been no Jewish people and no Jewish nation and no Savior as Abraham was NOT obedient and Abraham produced Ishmael, which was a product of Abraham's disobedience to God.

Abraham did NOT wait for God's time, and because of Abraham's DISOBEDIENCE we have Ishmael (product of Abraham's disobedience) continually procuring to kill Isaac (God's promise).

However, praise God, that Abraham understood his disobedience and when now God tested Abraham's faith, Abraham did not disobey God and passed the test of his faith with flying colors and because of it we now have a peculiar people and a peculiar nation and an awesome Redeemer.

Oh, but how much easier it would have been had Abraham rejected Hagar.

The world is still paying for Abraham's first disobedience and also enjoying Abraham's final total obedience --- Jesus Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary.

Notice that God never repromanded Abraham and blessed Ishmael.

It is interesting to read in the scriptures that whenever God gave a promise, beginning with Adam, a problem always followed that would test the faithfulness/allegiance of the one to whom the promise was made.

lifeisgood

It is interesting to read that whenever God gave a promise a problem always followed that would test the faithfulness/allegiance of the one to whom the promise was made.

It is the same today.

We can fail, as Abraham did, and we do fail as Abraham did, but God's promise does not fail and cannot fail.