ECT "Lordship 'Salvation'"-perverting the gospel of Christ

God's Truth

unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven; Matthew 5:32.

unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven; Matthew 18:3.

unless you forgive your brother or sister from your heart; Matthew 18:35.

unless you repent, you too will all perish; Luke 13:3.

unless they are born of water and the Spirit; John 3:5.

Unless I wash you, you have no part with me; John 13:8.

unless it dies; 1 Corinthians 15:36.

lifeisgood,

Which one of these things did you obey and which ones did you not obey?

lifeisgood

Believing alone is not enough.

Believing is the only thing that is enough; otherwise, it is being declared that Jesus Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary is/was not enough and the person has to add something of their own hands to help Him to finish what He has already finished.

And that belief has to be anchored in the correct object, which is Jesus Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary alone and exclusively, plus absolutely nothing.

God's Truth

Believing is the only thing that is enough; otherwise, it is being declared that Jesus Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary is/was not enough and the person has to add something of their own hands to help Him to finish what He has already finished.

And that belief has to be anchored in the correct object, which is Jesus Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary alone and exclusively, plus absolutely nothing.

James straightens it out by telling us that faith alone is dead and CANNOT save anyone.

Even Abraham's faith was tested by WHAT HE did.

How did God test Abraham's faith?

Go ahead and explain it.

lifeisgood

James straightens it out by telling us that faith alone is dead and CANNOT save anyone.

You need to read James for understanding.
You have no understanding of what kind of faith James is talking about.

Even Abraham's faith was tested by WHAT HE did.

Yes, Abraham's faith was tested AFTER he believed and God's righteousness was imputed to Him and what a test of faith it was.

The testing of our faith doesn't even come close to the dust of Abraham's feet going to fulfill that test.

How did God test Abraham's faith?

God told Abraham to go and prove his faith, which he did flawlessly.

BTW, Abraham's faith is not the type of faith James is talking about.

God's Truth

Yes, UNLESS the UNbeliever comes to Him and accepts His perfect rest.....

Absolutely, I believe the Lord Jesus Christ or He would not have imputed to me His perfect rest. I had nothing that would be acceptable to Him except that I believe Him and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary.

Jesus did not kill off his words...unless...you will never enter.

How about that, do you believe him?

God's Truth

Jesus, the King, the Savior, God in the flesh says UNLESS you do this...YOU WILL NEVER ENTER.

But lifeisgood says those words---THAT WORD OF GOD is no more.

How did God's Word stop meaning something?

At Jesus' crucifixion?

No way did Jesus die to God's Word.

No way did Jesus die to his own words.

God's Truth

unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven; Matthew 5:32.

unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven; Matthew 18:3.

unless you forgive your brother or sister from your heart; Matthew 18:35.

unless you repent, you too will all perish; Luke 13:3.

unless they are born of water and the Spirit; John 3:5.

Unless I wash you, you have no part with me; John 13:8.

unless it dies; 1 Corinthians 15:36.

Lifeisgood, you said you obeyed none of this.

How can you not put into practice any of these Words from God in the flesh?

These beautiful powerful words are of no avail to you.

WHY?

God's Truth

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.

Acts 3:26 When God raised up his servant, he sent him first to you to bless you by turning each of you from your wicked ways."

Romans 2:9
There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile;