ECT "Lordship 'Salvation'"-perverting the gospel of Christ

Derf

Derf,

It seems that Jesus' teachings and commands are not valued as it should by most churches.

Their excuse is that you cannot earn salvation by works.

Bottom line is that Jesus commands His followers to obey Him.

Why do you have the need to add "your works will not save you" doctrine?

Have you thought about it?

thanks.
Hi Meshak,
I don't understand your point. I agree that Jesus' teachings and commands are often (not always) not valued by many (I'm not sure about "most") churches. And I don't believe our works save us.

I do believe Jesus commands His followers to obey Him. And those who don't are likely not to be counted as His followers/sheep when he separates the sheep from the goats. I also know that He intercedes for us (Rom 8:34), no doubt needed because our works don't do the job, and according to Paul, we often don't do what we want to do, but what our flesh desires. Which seems to mean 2 things:
  1. Jesus followers (the real ones) want to do His commands
  2. Jesus followers (even the real ones, like Paul) don't always do His commands
So, in terms of this discussion, we should question our own salvation (not necessarily someone else's), if we disagree that either of the 2 points above describe us.

God's Truth

Hi Meshak,
I don't understand your point. I agree that Jesus' teachings and commands are often (not always) not valued by many (I'm not sure about "most") churches. And I don't believe our works save us.

I do believe Jesus commands His followers to obey Him. And those who don't are likely not to be counted as His followers/sheep when he separates the sheep from the goats. I also know that He intercedes for us (Rom 8:34), no doubt needed because our works don't do the job, and according to Paul, we often don't do what we want to do, but what our flesh desires. Which seems to mean 2 things:
  1. Jesus followers (the real ones) want to do His commands
  2. Jesus followers (even the real ones, like Paul) don't always do His commands
So, in terms of this discussion, we should question our own salvation (not necessarily someone else's), if we disagree that either of the 2 points above describe us.

How evil, you are falsely judging the apostle Paul. How do you ever get he did not always obey Jesus' commands?

Derf

You are delusional, for I defended myself against your "stab".
Is that all you did? Here's what you said after my supposed "stab":
You are a false judge. Where did you get you are able to judge me?

You should have been more careful and obeyed the scriptures.

And here's your follow-up comment:
I obey and you do not.

You sound like those that left it to the Jews to persecute Jesus.

You are not better than the people that had part in Jesus' crucifixion.

You have the spirit of one that is not right.

You tell me who's judging whom.

As for your mixed messages about obeying Jesus---there is never ever a bad time or better time to obey him.

We have to obey to be saved, and we have to obey to stay saved.
My mixed messages? That was Paul's in Romans 7. And afterward he gave glory to God that he was no longer condemned EVEN THOUGH HE STILL SINNED IN THE FLESH!
Rom 7:25-8:1. Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself serve the law of God with my mind, but with my flesh I serve the law of sin. There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

john w

Hall of Fame
You say not to be acceptable to Him.

You do not speak what the scriptures say.

Romans 15:16 to be a minister of Christ Jesus to the Gentiles. He gave me the priestly duty of proclaiming the gospel of God, so that the Gentiles might become an offering acceptable to God, sanctified by the Holy Spirit.

1 Peter 2:5 you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.

Romans 15;15 KJV, 1 Peter 2:5, devil child, have NADA to do with justification, but our walk/sanctification(" an offering"/"spiritual sacrifices")-my point-"acceptable to Him."

Clueless.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Hi Meshak,

Why do you have the need to add that our works will not save us?

Jesus did not say that. What He said was to be faithful to Him. Why don't you just stop there, to be faithful to Him?

Last edited:

God's Truth

Romans 15;15 KJV, 1 Peter 2:5, devil child, have NADA to do with justification, but our walk/sanctification(" an offering"/"spiritual sacrifices")-my point-"acceptable to Him."

Clueless.

Justification and sanctification are the same thing.

We are sanctified through the work of the Spirit to be obedient to Jesus.

We purify ourselves by believing in the truth, and by obeying the truth. See 2 Thessalonians 2:13, and 1 Peter 1:22.

We are sanctified through the work of the Spirit TO BE OBEDIENT.

1 Peter 1:2 who have been chosen according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through the sanctifying work of the Spirit, to be obedient to Jesus Christ and sprinkled with his blood:

God's Truth

The blood of Jesus sanctifies us (Hebrews 10:29); Jesus sanctifies us by the truth (John 17:17); Jesus sanctifies (Hebrews 2:11); We are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus (Hebrews 10:10).

Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,

God's Truth

Is that all you did? Here's what you said after my supposed "stab":

And here's your follow-up comment:

You tell me who's judging whom.

My mixed messages? That was Paul's in Romans 7. And afterward he gave glory to God that he was no longer condemned EVEN THOUGH HE STILL SINNED IN THE FLESH!
Rom 7:25-8:1. Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself serve the law of God with my mind, but with my flesh I serve the law of sin. There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

You are delusional.

God's Truth

Paul did not struggle with sin after Jesus saved him the way he did before Jesus saved him.

Paul in no way remained doing the sins that earned him the self-given title of Worst of Sinners. He said that about himself because BEFORE Jesus saved him, he was a violent man; he gave approval of Stephens’s death, guarded over the clothes that belonged to the men who killed Stephen. Saul put many of the saints in prison, and when they were put to death, he cast his vote against them. Saul began to destroy the church. Going from house to house, he dragged off men and women and put them in prison. Acts 22:20, Acts 26:10, Acts 8:3.

That is why Paul said he was the worst of sinners. Not because he kept sinning after he was saved! Pastors in many if not all denominations teach that falseness, that Paul, after Jesus saved him, struggled with sin so much and was the worst of sinners.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Justification and sanctification are the same thing.

We are sanctified through the work of the Spirit to be obedient to Jesus.

We purify ourselves by believing in the truth, and by obeying the truth. See 2 Thessalonians 2:13, and 1 Peter 1:22.

We are sanctified through the work of the Spirit TO BE OBEDIENT.

1 Peter 1:2 who have been chosen according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through the sanctifying work of the Spirit, to be obedient to Jesus Christ and sprinkled with his blood:

Romans 5:1-5 KJV -