ECT "Lordship 'Salvation'"-perverting the gospel of Christ

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
No need to apologize; I took no offence. None.

As for GT, I have absolutely nothing against her person. None. I have defended her without hesitation, when she has been right. And when she is gone awhile, I ask about her in my posts.

She knows all this. She is just to serious all the time. I was trying to get her to lighten up a bit.

Don't worry; your turn will come, lol

Nothing I love more than a good ribbing; either as its giver, or its recipient. Life demands a bit of humour.

By the way, I commend you your concern for her and I.

I'm glad you are wanting to think of what is good or best or better. I'm not familiar with people wanting a good ribbing, as you call it. Thank you for your post here.

Cross Reference

Jesus was NOT telling them to sell all to become "traveling ministers". Jesus was preparing them for the great tribulation (i.e., the time of Jacob's trouble) when they would not be able to buy or sell anything without having the mark of the beast. At that same time, God will give them their daily bread.

If you get saved, the Holy Spirit will lead you to all truth.

You are both wrong! Jesus was conveying the need to have for Himself, abandoned lives that will reveal Him to those He sends them as mentors unto discipleship.. In the sense He was endeavoring to explain his need to have uncompromized lives to work FROM, He used this verse of scripture:

"If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple".
Luke 14:26 (KJV)

Obviously this must mean to hate all else that might come between them and His Lordship.

Cross Reference

"The knowledge of my poverty brings me to the frontier where Jesus Christ works, as long as a man is sufficient for himself, God can do nothing for him." . . . . . Oswald Chamers

ClimateSanity

What you say is nonsense.

Jesus did not tell everyone to sell their homes. That is just ignorance to teach that.

You think times back then were exactly the same as now. Yes Jesus would not ask.us to do that today....but do you know why? It's because the great tribulation is not at our doorstep.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
"The knowledge of my poverty brings me to the frontier where Jesus Christ works, as long as a man is sufficient for himself, God can do nothing for him." . . . . . Oswald Chamers

2 Corinthians 3:5 NASB - 5 Not that we are adequate in ourselves to consider anything as coming from ourselves, but our adequacy is from God,

God's Truth

You are incredibly ignorant of what the scripture teaches:

Matt 19:27-29 (AKJV/PCE)
(19:27) ¶ Then answered Peter and said unto him, Behold, we have forsaken all, and followed thee; what shall we have therefore? (19:28) And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. (19:29) And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.

Like SOOOO many here on TOL, you have a story that does NOT match scripture and YET you endlessly spout it as if you know something.

As I have already explained many times, the apostles gave up everything to become traveling preachers with Christ.

Jesus is not on this earth anymore, and no one has to become a traveling preacher.

God's Truth

No need to apologize; I took no offence. None.

As for GT, I have absolutely nothing against her person. None. I have defended her without hesitation, when she has been right. And when she is gone awhile, I ask about her in my posts.

She knows all this. She is just to serious all the time. I was trying to get her to lighten up a bit.

Don't worry; your turn will come, lol

Nothing I love more than a good ribbing; either as its giver, or its recipient. Life demands a bit of humour.

By the way, I commend you your concern for her and I.

I did not know you asked about me when I was gone. I am glad that you missed me; however, that is no excuse to speak about me the way you do.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
As I have already explained many times, the apostles gave up everything to become traveling preachers with Christ.

Jesus is not on this earth anymore, and no one has to become a traveling preacher.

What did Christ mean when He said to His disciples:

Mat 10:23 But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.

God's Truth

What did Christ mean when He said to His disciples:

Mat 10:23 But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.

What do you think it means?

Right Divider

Body part
You are both wrong! Jesus was conveying the need to have for Himself, abandoned lives that will reveal Him to those He sends them as mentors unto discipleship.. In the sense He was endeavoring to explain his need to have uncompromized lives to work FROM, He used this verse of scripture:

"If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple".
Luke 14:26 (KJV)

Obviously this must mean to hate all else that might come between them and His Lordship.
You're clueless; as usual.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
What do you think it means?

I asked you first.

The Lord Jesus was obviously standing there speaking to His disciples, yet, He says, "til the Son of Man be come'. If He was already there, why did He have to come?
Did His disciples go over all the cities of Israel preaching the gospel of the Kingdom and after that did the Lord Jesus come? What does He mean 'come'?

Right Divider

Body part
It does NOT matter how many times you express your incorrect understanding.

Today, Jesus has AMBASSADORS on the earth. When He returns He will establish His kingdom on the EARTH.

God's Truth

I asked you first.

The Lord Jesus was obviously standing there speaking to His disciples, yet, He says, "til the Son of Man be come'. If He was already there, why did He have to come?
Did His disciples go over all the cities of Israel preaching the gospel of the Kingdom and after that did the Lord Jesus come? What does He mean 'come'?

Jesus will appear to those who belong to him, when one dies.

Jesus was speaking about obeying his teachings until your death.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus will appear to those who belong to him, when one dies.

Jesus was speaking about obeying his teachings until your death.

He was speaking to the twelve to whom He gave power as a witness to the nation of Israel concerning the prophecied Davidic Messianic Kingdom.

They were to continue this witness until they had covered all the cities of Israel and then post-cross and post-ascension, Christ would 'come'.

God's Truth

He was speaking to the twelve to whom He gave power as a witness to the nation of Israel concerning the prophecied Davidic Messianic Kingdom.

They were to continue this witness until they had covered all the cities of Israel and then post-cross and post-ascension, Christ would 'come'.

Even Paul did that.