LGBT History Month

glorydaz

Well, that cuts both ways or you wouldn't bother in turn. :D

Well, because your take on proceedings had nothing to do with what I stated.

Well, if by "recently" you mean the last few decades or so then you can thank the "liberals" for helping dismantle segregation laws, supporting the rights of women to vote and introducing laws to protect children from abuse. How namby pamby...

Ha....the libs didn't dismantle segregation, nor did they lead the way in any other good thing that has come about. You are so brainwashed, Artie, that I'm forced to conclude you read don't have a working brain at all. :sigh:

Arthur Brain

Ha....the libs didn't dismantle segregation, nor did they lead the way in any other good thing that has come about. You are so brainwashed, Artie, that I'm forced to conclude you read don't have a working brain at all. :sigh:

Hmm, not so observant as to notice the quotation marks around the world liberal there then. There was a reason for that, that being that anyone who doesn't veer to the far right of the political scale is a "liberal" to people like you. The truth of the matter is that there were people from left, center and right who fought on social issues and overturning laws that oppressed people's rights, some of those the far right zealots would overturn if they had the chance.

Frankly, I'm not that fussed about some conspiracy fruitcakes estimation of my intellect either.

:e4e:

Right Divider

Body part
You pridefully assumed I was an atheist some pages back if you recall and with your latest you're just carrying on with the same crap. It's laughable.
There was nothing prideful about it. I was mistaken, but since you still sound like an atheist I don't feel too bad about it.

What's laughable is your desire to hide your fundamental beliefs and only label yourself by all of the things that you are not.

Arthur Brain

There was nothing prideful about it. I was mistaken, but since you still sound like an atheist I don't feel too bad about it.

Sure there was. You made an arrogant assumption that was wrong and you're continuing to do it with this. What does "sounding" like an atheist mean?

What's laughable is your desire to hide your fundamental beliefs and only label yourself by all of the things that you are not.

What "fundamental" beliefs would they be exactly? The honesty to acknowledge that my own attractions and inclinations aren't borne out of choice? Heck, you squirm out of answering on that score one way or the other.

Right Divider

Body part
Sure there was. You made an arrogant assumption that was wrong and you're continuing to do it with this. What does "sounding" like an atheist mean?
It means that you sound like you don't allow God into your judgment of things. Or do you?

What "fundamental" beliefs would they be exactly? The honesty to acknowledge that my own attractions and inclinations aren't borne out of choice? Heck, you squirm out of answering on that score one way or the other.
Your belief about the origin of human sexuality is a start.

Arthur Brain

Nice non-answer.

You're quite the hypocrite with regards to labels. You don't like them for yourself, but you're fine with pinning them on others.

You espouse the common evangelical, fundamentalist dogmas. Unlike your own assumptions there's reason to "label" you as one because of what you say on here, whereas I've never argued that there isn't a god. Do you have an issue with being called a fundamentalist?

God made one man and one woman. Do you disagree with that?

That's not an answer to my question.

Right Divider

Body part
You espouse the common evangelical, fundamentalist dogmas.
Not completely true, but you are not too sharp and love to slap labels on people as long as they don't get to do the same to you.

Unlike your own assumptions there's reason to "label" you as one because of what you say on here, whereas I've never argued that there isn't a god. Do you have an issue with being called a fundamentalist?
It depends on what "fundamentalist" means. By your definition, no I am not a fundamentalist. I don't want to be lumped in that group any more than you want to be labeled anything.

Just keep showing us your hypocritical nature.

That's not an answer to my question.
Once again, we need a starting place.

Would you NOT agree that God created one man and one woman? Are you going to project the atheist vibe again?

Arthur Brain

Not completely true, but you are not too sharp and love to slap labels on people as long as they don't get to do the same to you.

I'm sharp enough to recognize the usual, fundamentalist belief system after having been in a church that taught a lot of the very same stuff that you parrot. Unlike you, I'm sharp enough to avoid arrogant assumptions as you did but that's often par for the course with hard line religious zealots. They often equate lack of agreement with their zealotry with atheism. You weren't the first...

It depends on what "fundamentalist" means. By your definition, no I am not a fundamentalist. I don't want to be lumped in that group any more than you want to be labeled anything.

It's pretty much a descriptor for those who think they believe in the fundamentals of bible teaching. As a label it may be a bit derogatory as it's often associated with those who take so much literally in the bible that they can't entertain anything outside of dogma, hence hangups with evolution, homosexuality etc.

Just keep showing us your hypocritical nature.

Hey, I won't refer to you as a fundamentalist anymore if it irks you although at least there was reason for it. You had none and still haven't for referring to me as an atheist.

Once again, we need a starting place.

God you NOT agree that God created one man and one woman? Are you going to project the atheist vibe again?

The starting place would be for you to answer as to whether you're in control of your attractions or not, a question you've been asked several times and haven't even attempted to give an honest response to.

Arthur Brain

God chose the natural. Most men go with that, in regards to their sexuality, because they were created that way. Man was created to be fruitful and multiply. Basic stuff here.

Man chooses to go to the unnatural when he is tempted to sin. Quite simple.

Basic stuff in turn. If straight - no homosexual attraction - nothing to act on. If attracted to same sex - not straight.