Letter of Apology

Skeptic

Originally posted by BillyBob

You guys [commies] always ask what Jesus would do when discussing US foreign policy. Jesus wasn't the President of the US, he taught people how to intearct with one another, not how governments should interact. Your point is moot.
Your argument is lame.

What, only the the President of the U.S. knows what's best for the world?

Are you saying that morality only applies to interpersonal relations, not to international relations? :kookoo:

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by Skeptic

Your argument is lame.

My argument is lame????? You, an avowed atheist, attempts to use Jesus in an argument in a totally irrelevant way and you wanna call me lame?

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Is that what you are suggesting, Mr. Seperation of Church and State, anti-theocracy, Christianity is a stupid fairy tale, demo-commie?

Skeptic

My argument is lame????? You, an avowed atheist, attempts to use Jesus in an argument in a totally irrelevant way and you wanna call me lame?
Did I touch a nerve, BillyBob? :chuckle:

For the nth time, I'm an agnostic.

My use of Jesus was not meant to claim that his morality was the Final word on morality. Rather, I used Jesus to point out the hypocrisy of those who claim to be good moral Christians, while making statements with which Jesus would likely disagree.

Do you believe that morality only applies to interpersonal relations, not to international relations?

Skeptic

Are you suggesting that the US President use the Bible as his guide for all policies he makes?????
Not at all. :chuckle:

Do you believe that morality only applies to interpersonal relations, not to international relations?

Skeptic

Is that what you are suggesting, Mr. Seperation of Church and State, anti-theocracy, Christianity is a stupid fairy tale, demo-commie?
Not at all. :chuckle:

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Originally posted by elected4ever
That is about the value of anything you say concerning God. Don't worry though you and Skeptic will find out soon enough if its a fairy tell.:(
I will find it out the moment a Christian grows a pair and succeeds in killing me.

Care to try your luck?

Jackielabby

Banned
Banned
The universe is over 6 billion years old.
The earth is over 4 billion years old.
Man dates back 2 million years.
Adam and Eve were created about 6,500 years ago.:)
Go figure.

elected4ever

Originally posted by Jackielabby

The universe is over 6 billion years old.
The earth is over 4 billion years old.
Man dates back 2 million years.
Adam and Eve were created about 6,500 years ago.:)
Go figure.
That is all theory. Prove it if you can. But you can't.

Skeptic

Originally posted by Jackielabby

"There is no reason for believing that any sort of gods exist, and quite good reasons for believing that they do not exist and never have. It has all been a gigantic waste of time and a waste of life. It would be a joke of cosmic proportions if it weren't so tragic."
— Richard Dawkins
:thumb:

"I think if you know what you believe, it makes it a lot easier to answer questions. I can't answer your question"
-- George Bush.
:chuckle:

Skeptic

Originally posted by elected4ever

That is all therory. Prove it if you can. But you can't.
Science is not about proofs. Proofs are for geometry.

Science is about coming up with reasonable theories that are supported by empirical evidence.

So I ask, is the Biblical God-poofed hypothesis a reasonable theory that is supported by empirical evidence?

I think not! :chuckle:

elected4ever

Originally posted by Gerald

I will find it out the moment a Christian grows a pair and succeeds in killing me.

Care to try your luck?
I told you before. Give me your location and agenda and we will see.

Skeptic

:sozo: Hey, BillyBob,