Kentucky Pastor Barred From Ministering Over Biblical View on Homosexuality..

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Once you accept government handouts, they have the power to tell you what you can do with that handout.

Stand on your own two feet and you won't have to worry about it.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I do understand the issue.
No, you really dont, and your next statement proved it.

The minister made statements and held discussions that the DJJ didn't approve of and they told him to get lost. This is well within their right to do.

This is completely false, he was asked to sign that statement as soon as it became policy, not in conjunction to anything he has said.

The Department of Juvenile Justice said it instituted this new policy in order to "foster an open and inclusive culture" and to prevent homosexual youth from feeling abused or denigrated.

He wasn't told to "get lost" either my my you libbies like to lie/completely make things up.

during his 12 years of service to the detention center, there has never been a complaint about Wells or his work, according to Staver, who believes the attack on the ministry is the first of many to come in the U.S. after the Supreme Court ruled that state bans against same-sex marriage are unconstitutional.

Did you even bother to read the op, or do you just like to make things up?

Quetzal

No, you really dont, and your next statement proved it.

This is completely false, he was asked to sign that statement as soon as it became policy, not in conjunction to anything he has said.

He wasn't told to "get lost" either my my you libbies like to lie/completely make things up.

Did you even bother to read the op, or do you just like to make things up?
I admit, a misunderstood the situation. Even so, we can break it down very simply. He was asked to sign something as a condition of his continued service, he said no. They dismissed him. Why are you upset, again?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I admit, a misunderstood the situation. Even so, we can break it down very simply. He was asked to sign something as a condition of his continued service, he said no. They dismissed him. Why are you upset, again?

He shouldnt be asked as a minister to agree that his beliefs are wrong and that he wont share them if asked. A minister shouldnt be asked to check his beliefs at the door, which is why hes suing. You keep ignoring the real issue.

Very simply, he has freedom of speech and religion.

Quetzal

He shouldnt be asked as a minister to agree that his beliefs are wrong and that he wont share them if asked. A minister shouldnt be asked to check his beliefs at the door, which is why hes suing.

No it isn't. He is providing a service as a representative of the DJJ. As such, they are free to revoke that representation at will. He can sue and he will probably lose.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
No it isn't. He is providing a service as a representative of the DJJ. As such, they are free to revoke that representation at will. He can sue and he will probably lose.

Thats false, hes there to minister to those who want a christian minister. Read my earlier example, it would be like me asking for a christian minister to minister to me in the hospital, and the hospital requiring him to agree that his beliefs are wrong and not to talk to me even about something i might ask about that they don't like.

Still stating false things i see.

PureX

He can minister all he likes. What he can't do, is demand that the government give him a forum to do it.

I can understand why he doesn't like the law being what it is. I agree with him on that. That still doesn't give him the right to demand that the state give him access to kids so he can preach against it.
Especially kids who are being held against their will. It's like having a cop hold someone down while you harangue them with your religion.

Quetzal

Thats false, hes there to minister to those who want a christian minister. Read my earlier example, it would be like me asking for a christian minister to minister to me in the hospital, and the hospital requiring him to agree that his beliefs are wrong and not to talk to me even about something i might ask about that they don't like.

Still stating false things i see.
Yes, a Christian Minister who is providing a service as a representative of an entity other than himself (it is very similar to an employment agreement). If you don't understand this very basic concept of how representatives work, then you have absolutely no authority to make claims regarding the topic.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Yes, a Christian Minister who is providing a service as a representative of an entity other than himself (it is very similar to an employment agreement). If you don't understand this very basic concept of how representatives work then you have absolutely no authority to make claims regarding the topic.

LOL you didnt even read the op and have made things up here completely out of the blue with no basis in any fact, why am i surprised?

Quetzal

LOL you didnt even read the op and have made things up here completely out of the blue with no basis in any fact, why am i surprised?
It's simple. The DJJ presented him with new terms for him to continue his service there. He said no. They told him his services were no longer needed if he didn't comply. What isn't there to understand? This is being made into something bigger than it actually is.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
It's simple. The DJJ presented him with new terms for him to continue his service there. He said no. They told him his services were no longer needed if he didn't comply. What isn't there to understand? This is being made into something bigger than it actually is.

Freedom of Speech and Religion being violated, is a big deal.

Quetzal

Nah, you don't understand what they mean. They DONT mean untill someone else doesn't like it.

He doesn't represent the state, he receives no salary. His rights were violated.
How does he not represent the state? He volunteered for them, he is a representative of who they are. Just because he doesn't receive a paycheck from them doesn't give him the right to do/say whatever he wants while he is there without consequence.

Last edited:

TracerBullet

He shouldnt be asked as a minister to agree that his beliefs are wrong and that he wont share them if asked. A minister shouldnt be asked to check his beliefs at the door, which is why hes suing. You keep ignoring the real issue.

and the juvenile facility has the responsibility to see that the kids in their care are not abused or berated.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Freedom of Speech and Religion being violated, is a big deal.

Some people think that their freedoms are being violated if the government won't sponsor their religious programs.

There are countries that would allow this, because there is no freedom of religion there. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.