Justification of Eternal Punishment

Timotheos

I didn't say anything about Muslims? Where did that come from Tim?

Muslims also believe in eternal torment in hell. Didn't you know that? If you get to paint me with a wide brush, then I get to do the same to you. If you can assume that anyone who believes that the wages of sin is death is a JW, then I can assume that anyone who believes in eternal torment is a Muslim. The logic is the same, it's just that the shoe is on the other foot. How do you like it?

Timotheos

i see that your still preaching a false gospel Timothy.

everready

No, here is the gospel:
"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life."

Here is the false gospel:
For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever rejects Him will be tortured alive in hellish torment.

Last edited:

way 2 go

Please explain what you mean by "death is separation from God". Please use Scripture, perferrably Scripture which somehow says "Death is separation from God". Because that isn't really the definition of death.
what do you think this verse means?

Eph 2:1 And you were dead in the trespasses and sins

way 2 go

No, here is the gospel:
"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life."

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever rejects Him will be tortured alive in hellish torment.

Joh 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Rev 14:11
if they are not there then it is not the the smoke of their torment
Mat 25:46
if they are not there it can't be punishment

It is refuted, it is broken record.

these are not saying you will be tortured for eternity. They will perish, not live in lake of fire for eternity.

John 3:16.

way 2 go

these are not saying you will be tortured for eternity. They will perish, not live in lake of fire for eternity.

and still no refutation of the statements :beanboy:

Rev_14:11
Mat_25:46

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Lessons revisited.....

Lessons revisited.....

and still no refutation of the statements :beanboy:

Rev_14:11

Still missing it, educate yourself on the issues concerning proper translation here and elsewhere.

'Smoke of their torment',...ever hear of a metaphor? 'figurative speech'. But lets take this further.....what is the 'smoke' of their 'torment' anyways? Have you heard of the term 'smoke of their torment' anywhere else but in this peculiar passage? figure of speech,...and don't forget...the NT was not written in English,...look to the original greek inflections, meanings, context, etc. Just like 'fire' is figurative, so is 'smoke'.

The issue of 'aion' has already been explained....it does not in and of itself indicate 'eternal' or 'endless' unless qualified by/referring to a particular subject such as 'God' himself, in which case...'eternal', 'endless' has special significance. Otherwise, it indicates an 'age' (indefinite period of time, a dispensation).

Mat_25:46

Already exposed Matt. 25:46 here. Again the word for 'punishment' is a 'cutting off' as in 'pruning' a branch or tree, so that it may procude a better harvest. Otherwise, its 'chastisement', and such is not 'endless'. - such endures til its end result is effected. In this case it could be towards rehabilitation/purification/reform....or 'death'. - NOT an endless torture. If anything a 'transformation' occurs in the fire of 'God'.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Whatever. If you say she is a JW, you still haven't proven her wrong. You would need to use scriptures for that. Just saying someone is a JW does not prove that they are wrong. You believe what Muslims believe. But the reason you are wrong about eternal conscious torment in hell is because there is no scripture in the Bible that says that people go to hell when they die where they are tormented alive forever while they are dead, and there are many scriptures that say that the wicked will be destroyed and will be no more.

But you could defend your belief in eternal conscious torment from the Koran. The trouble is that I do not believe the Koran is inspired, so it wouldn't help you.

Your muslim comparison is asinine. By your warped logic, you follow the koran, because it recognizes Christ and Mary as His mother.

My belief in what happens to unbelievers comes from scripture only. You ignore the scriptures that make you uncomfortable, i dont.

everready

what false gospel? It is you spreading against the word.

If you teach that which he teaches then you teach a false gospel as well.

John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Ecclesiastes 3:14 I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God doeth it, that men should fear before him.

Forever means forever

everready

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Muslims also believe in eternal torment in hell. Didn't you know that? If you get to paint me with a wide brush, then I get to do the same to you. If you can assume that anyone who believes that the wages of sin is death is a JW, then I can assume that anyone who believes in eternal torment is a Muslim. The logic is the same, it's just that the shoe is on the other foot. How do you like it?

Frankly, I'm really not that interested in what you and your ilk believe.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
No, here is the gospel:

The Bible tells us in Revelation that, those whose names are not
written in the Book of Life will be cast into the Lake of Fire. That's
where the devil and his angels will be cast as well. Unbelievers
will be judged by their works and cast into the Lake of Fire. If
you have a problem with that, pray to God about it? However,
first read the last few chapters of Revelation.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

You don't believe in the majority of the Bible, just Matthew, Mark,
and Luke. So, I don't think that makes you a "Bible Scholar?" So,
it's best if you keep your hat silent.