Justification of Eternal Punishment

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I believe that the lake of fire is the second death, not eternal life. The reason I believe this is because the Book of Revelation says "The lake of fire is the second death". I don't believe that Paul is an antichrist. I don't know what anyone else believes about this.

Good you don't believe Paul is the Antichrist. You are saying to believe in annihilation of the soul?I do not believe so, yet it makes little difference, since I am going to heaven. My beef is with those who insist I have to wait until Judgement day, as I do not have to wait.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I believe that the lake of fire is the second death, not eternal life. The reason I believe this is because the Book of Revelation says "The lake of fire is the second death". I don't believe that Paul is an antichrist. I don't know what anyone else believes about this. I don't know what this has to do with anything. I quote Paul in every post (check my signature line), so it is highly unlikely that I would consider him to be an antichrist. As a matter of fact, I really like Paul. His letters are brilliant. Do you think that Paul was mistaken when he wrote "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord"?

The Bottom Line is the reason I believe that the wicked will be destroyed instead of being tortured alive forever is because I believe what the Bible says.

Can you PROVE that with Scripture?

Revelation 20:12 states: "And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."

Revelation 20:10 states: "And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night forever and ever.

The Devil and his angels will suffer for eternity in the same place
the unbelievers are cast. Do you think the unbelievers torment
will be temporal? Explain why?

Timotheos

Good you don't believe Paul is the Antichrist. You are saying to believe in annihilation of the soul?I do not believe so, yet it makes little difference, since I am going to heaven. My beef is with those who insist I have to wait until Judgement day, as I do not have to wait.

I believe Jesus Christ who said "Fear the one who can destroy both body and soul in Gehenna". My beef is with those who disagree with Jesus and claim that the soul can't be destroyed.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

True. You will go straight to be with the Lord.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I believe Jesus Christ who said "Fear the one who can destroy both body and soul in Gehenna". My beef is with those who disagree with Jesus and claim that the soul can't be destroyed.

Well beef with them then. I am more concerned about going to heaven.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Meshak believes
1) Paul is an anti'Christ
2) Trinatarians are evil
3) The military is disgusting
4) She only believes in Matthew, Mark, and Luke and rejects the rest of the Bible.
5) She believes the JWs are godly people.

Timotheos

Can you PROVE that with Scripture?

Revelation 20:12 states: "And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."

Revelation 20:10 states: "And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night forever and ever.

The Devil and his angels will suffer for eternity in the same place
the unbelievers are cast. Do you think the unbelievers torment
will be temporal? Explain why?

No. I do not believe that the unbelievers torment will be temporal. I agree with the Bible which specifically states that the wicked will perish (Psalm 37:20) and the wicked will be no more (Psalm 37:10), I believe Jesus Christ who told us to fear the one who can destroy both body and soul in Gehenna (Matthew 10:28). I believe Jesus Christ who said the road is wide that leads to destruction. I believe Paul who said that the wages of sin is death. I believe Ezekiel 18:4 which says that the soul who sins shall die.

If the wicked go to hell when they die where they are tormented alive forever while they are dead, why don't you simply post the verse that says that? The verses you posted do not say that.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
No. I do not believe that the unbelievers torment will be temporal. I agree with the Bible which specifically states that the wicked will perish (Psalm 37:20) and the wicked will be no more (Psalm 37:10), I believe Jesus Christ who told us to fear the one who can destroy both body and soul in Gehenna (Matthew 10:28). I believe Jesus Christ who said the road is wide that leads to destruction. I believe Paul who said that the wages of sin is death. I believe Ezekiel 18:4 which says that the soul who sins shall die.

If the wicked go to hell when they die where they are tormented alive forever while they are dead, why don't you simply post the verse that says that? The verses you posted do not say that.

Those whose names aren't written in the Book of Life will be cast
into the Lake of Fire. What makes you believe this means annihilation
and not eternal damnation?

way 2 go

Instead of focusing on me, try to defend your claim.

You guys cannot defend or refute your faith yet against Timothy's claim.

Rev 14:11
if they are not there then it is not the the smoke of their torment
Mat 25:46
if they are not there it can't be punishment

Timotheos

Those whose names aren't written in the Book of Life will be cast
into the Lake of Fire. What makes you believe this means annihilation
and not eternal damnation?

The Book of Revelation says that the lake of fire is the second death, so the lake of fire can't be eternal life on fire. The lake of fire is the second death. What makes you think the second death is an eternal life of torture? What makes you think that being cast into a lake of fire wouldn't burn a person up?