Justice Kennedy needs a reminder about his own fear of harm from gay marriage

Sitamun

It depends. I don't care to view PDA's for ANY couple. It's when you pick and choose those displays which offend you (based on sexuality) is when the bigotry label comes into play.

I'm the same way. I don't mind hand holding or the simple kisses etc. However, I don't need to see tongue hockey while trying to eat or hold a conversation.

GFR7

I'm the same way. I don't mind hand holding or the simple kisses etc. However, I don't need to see tongue hockey while trying to eat or hold a conversation.
I would agree that any couple should refrain from very open displays.....

GFR7

But the point is gay marriage - and Justice Kennedy ignoring his former valid concerns, and Americans not asking themselves how they can support gay marriage when gay public displays bother them. :think:

Granite

Hall of Fame

Sure. That pretty much applies to anybody--time and a place for everything.

GFR7

I don't
but
will never ever accept two guys doing it

it is repulsive
Well, that was more or less the point. Many people do. Research shows that Americans who support gay marriage still find the gay affection offensive. Isn't that a red flag? :think:

Sitamun

Well, that was more or less the point. Many people do. Research shows that Americans who support gay marriage still find the gay affection offensive. Isn't that a red flag? :think:

Many people that support hetero marriage still find hetero affection offensive. Isn't that a red flag?

TracerBullet

Not trying to make excuses, but assuming others know what you know is part of the Aspberger theory of mind. My bad, bro. :plain:

*still think it's a legitimate question , though: The very people who've made the public polls rise in favor of gay marriage are still put off by PDA. Is it merely bigotry? I have taught Philosophy at the university level, so my Aspberger does not preclude intelligent thinking.

I'm sure that in 1968 the same sentiment was made about interracial marriage

Granite

Hall of Fame
what about the children of same gendered couples? or don't they matter?

Ultimately they either don't matter, or they're second rate, or they "deserve" to be ripped away from their parents. For people who claim to be "pro-family" the bigots see very little harm in potentially destroying families they don't care for.