Jesus' word is the center of Christianity.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You don't know?

I know not everything was finished.

And that Jesus would come again.

But I don't believe there was a delay in the kingdom, including for Israel.

Was the kingdom already there before Jesus died for us and said, "It is finished."?

Zechariah 9:9 NASB - 9 Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion! Shout in triumph, O daughter of Jerusalem! Behold, your king is coming to you; He is just and endowed with salvation, Humble, and mounted on a donkey, Even on a colt, the foal of a donkey.

Matthew 21:5 NASB - 5 "SAY TO THE DAUGHTER OF ZION,'BEHOLD YOUR KING IS COMING TO YOU,GENTLE, AND MOUNTED ON A DONKEY,EVEN ON A COLT, THE FOAL OF A BEAST OF BURDEN.'"

John 18:36 NASB - 36 Jesus answered, "My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, then My servants would be fighting so that I would not be handed over to the Jews; but as it is, My kingdom is not of this realm."

Acts 5:31 NASB - 31 "He is the one whom God exalted to His right hand as a Prince and a Savior, to grant repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

Acts 13:24 NASB - 24 after John had proclaimed before His coming a baptism of repentance to all the people of Israel.

Colossians 1:13 NASB - 13 For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son,

Matthew 5:17-20 NASB - 17 "Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill. 18 "For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished. 19 "Whoever then annuls one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever keeps and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 "For I say to you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven.

John 19:30 NASB - 30 Therefore when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, "It is finished!" And He bowed His head and gave up His spirit.

God's Truth

I know Jesus said it is finished. I have quoted that Jesus said it is finished. He was not talking about heaven and earth. If you differ in this, let me know.

Jesus said he came to fulfill and that it was finished. All you have to do now is believe it.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Do you understand the differences?
I understand what the word fulfill means.

Then there is more to the word fulfill than Jesus dying on the cross and saying it is finished. It has to do with more than prophetic fulfillment in Jesus the Messiah dying on the cross. But in this He did fulfill prophecy. Has all prophecy in relation to Jesus been fulfilled? No. But what do we mean when we acknowledge that Jesus said it is finished? What was finished? And, Jesus dying on the cross fulfilled prophecy. So then, what else did Jesus fulfill? Because, He was perfectly obedient to the Father. He was perfectly obedient to God.

God's Truth

I understand what the word fulfill means.

Then there is more to the word fulfill than Jesus dying on the cross and saying it is finished. It has to do with more than prophetic fulfillment in Jesus the Messiah dying on the cross. But in this He did fulfill prophecy. Has all prophecy in relation to Jesus been fulfilled? No. But what do we mean when we acknowledge that Jesus said it is finished? What was finished? And, Jesus dying on the cross fulfilled prophecy. So then, what else did Jesus fulfill? Because, He was perfectly obedient to the Father. He was perfectly obedient to God.

The whole Old Testament was about Jesus.

Everything the Prophets and the Law said were about Jesus.

The promise from God is about Jesus, the Redeemer, and the Holy Spirit. The promise is about being reconciled to God.

Jesus said he came to fulfill, and that is what he did.

Just believe Jesus and do not question it.

Jesus says all things are restored, see Matthew 17:11-12; and Mark 9:12. David’s fallen tent is restored see Acts 15:16.

Jesus came fulfilled what was written.
Read Amos 9:11-12.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The whole Old Testament was about Jesus.

Everything the Prophets and the Law said were about Jesus.

The promise from God is about Jesus, the Redeemer, and the Holy Spirit. The promise is about being reconciled to God.

Jesus said he came to fulfill, and that is what he did.

Just believe Jesus and do not question it.

Jesus says all things are restored, see Matthew 17:11-12; and Mark 9:12. David’s fallen tent is restored see Acts 15:16.

Jesus came fulfilled what was written.
Read Amos 9:11-12.

Matthew 5:17-20 NASB - 17 "Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill. 18 "For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished. 19 "Whoever then annuls one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever keeps and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 "For I say to you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven.

Has all been accomplished?

The responsibility here is that I don't know how to confirm what you are saying and I don't know what you are saying.

God's Truth

The responsibility here is that I don't know how to confirm what you are saying and I don't know what you are saying.

Just believe Jesus that all was fulfilled.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I do believe Him.

Not all prophecy in relation to Jesus has been fulfilled.

Not all prophecy has been fulfilled.

Jesus said it is finished.

When the Lord Jesus said, "It is finished", He said 'tetelestai' in Greek, which means 'paid in full'. He paid completely for our sins.

It doesn't mean that all prophecy concerning Israel's Messiah was now complete, which becomes obvious when one considers Peter's words in Acts 3:

Act 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;
Act 3:20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:
Act 3:21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.