Jesus is God.

marhig

What happened to the spirit that inhabited the body of Jesus before Jesus’ body was possessed by the Christ spirit at his water baptism?
Jesus' body possessed by the Christ spirit?????

Jesus wasn't possessed by anything, he was anointed of God by the holy spirit and was the Christ because he was anointed.

lifeisgood

Right on? Really?

Ok, at one time Jesus' physical body indwelt Mary's body, but then he was born. Like Jesus we have all been born of a woman and like Jesus we shall be born again, not of flesh which profits nothing, but of the Spirit who lives forever.

Indwelt?????

lifeisgood

Jesus' body possessed by the Christ spirit?????

Jesus wasn't possessed by anything, he was anointed of God by the holy spirit and was the Christ because he was anointed.

That is what keypurr says. I was asking him to answer his assertion.

keypurr has also declared “Wrong, a created spirit did possess Jesus. That is how Christ took the form of man.”

lifeisgood

Well that's strange, because I've just been reading this.

1 Corinthians 11

But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman*is*the man; and the head of Christ*is*God

So, how can Christ be God, of the head of Christ is God?

Talking from the physical realm.

marhig

That is what keypurr says. I was asking him to answer his assertion.

keypurr has also declared “Wrong, a created spirit did possess Jesus. That is how Christ took the form of man.”
Oh right, the spirit was in Jesus but possession isn't the right word, Jesus gave his life to God through freewill thus he was anointed and was the Christ.

Prizebeatz1

You have nothing. You are not enlightened nor are you divine, you're just a regular loser

Do you see how wrapped up you are in judging other people? That is the same way you judge yourself. Get the log out of your own eye and perhaps you will see clearly enough to help the next person. Clean the inside of the cup first and then the outside will become clean. Do not judge lest you be judged. Why not actually put this stuff into practice?

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

lifeisgood

What do you mean? God is the head of everything

That He is the Creator of everything.

Colossians 1:16 --- For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him

Colossians 1:17 --- And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Prizebeatz1

Jesus is God.

Your attempt to discount and undermine the truth of God's Word is silly. Your words are similar to the ones Satan used in the garden questioning the authority of the Creator.

It is the authority of the personality that is being challenged.

Last edited:

lifeisgood

Oh right, the spirit was in Jesus but possession isn't the right word, Jesus gave his life to God through freewill thus he was anointed and was the Christ.

I know something is wrong in what you're said, but can't put my finger on it yet.

Luke 2:10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. 11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

marhig

That He is the Creator of everything.

Colossians 1:16 --- For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him

Colossians 1:17 --- And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Paul was talking about Christ after he'd left the flesh, and God is above Christ, Christ is at Gods right hand and God is the God of Christ too.

As for what you have just quoted, everything Christ has is from God, and God has put him over everything, but God is also the God of Christ and Christ is subject to God

1 Corinthians 15

And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

marhig

I know something is wrong in what you're said, but can't put my finger on it yet.

Luke 2:10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. 11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

Jesus was anointed of God

Acts 10

How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

Christ means anointed

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Many people feel threatened that the non-literal translation discounts the historical Jesus. It is one out of several ways to interpret the scriptures. We can decide for ourselves which one is more true. Of course Jesus was a real person but to literally hold him as God is false. It's the making of a god in our own image of a man instead of allowing God to make us in his image which is infinite and eternal. It's a misunderstanding.

But Jesus' teachings are a hundred thousand times as advanced as the literal interpretation. He spoke ancient technology and we have the opportunity to experience the miracles he performed. We become Lazarus raised from the dead. We become the woman hunched over for 35 years. We become the blind man who could not see. We become the lame man who jumps up dancing and praising God. It is more real than surface appearance. The depth and richness of the miraculous divinity of the soul to which these point are astounding.

Everything you put forth is literally made up. I've asked you a pertinent question, which you will neither confirm nor deny, have you ever experienced a stroke. Or, have you ever used hallucinogens?

Please either confirm or deny, but stop dancing around the question as if it's a red herring, because it's not. As I said, you're making all this up. I just want to know if you're deliberately censored, or if you're censored because of something that you cannot change (e.g., your past). If the latter, then we can proceed.

lifeisgood

Paul was talking about Christ after he'd left the flesh, and God is above Christ, Christ is at Gods right hand and God is the God of Christ too.

As for what you have just quoted, everything Christ has is from God, and God has put him over everything, but God is also the God of Christ and Christ is subject to God

1 Corinthians 15

And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

Why is it that you rejected the answer given to your inquiry?

6days

Marhig said:
(In Col. 1) Paul was talking about Christ after he'd left the flesh, and God is above Christ, Christ is at Gods right hand and God is the God of Christ too.

You seem to be using doctrine to interpret God's Word, rather than using His Word to form doctrine. Paul was talking about Christ Jesus who created all things, even in Heaven the verses tell us. Christ Jesus is not a created being. Throughout scripture, Genesis to Revelation, we see Christ as the eternal omnipotent, omniscient God. For ex. Heb. 1:8 in every major translation (who do reveal the translation team and qualifications, unlike NWT) says " But about the Son he says, "Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever; a scepter of justice will be the scepter of your kingdom."

Jeaus is God

Prizebeatz1

Jesus is God.

Everything you put forth is literally made up. I've asked you a pertinent question, which you will neither confirm nor deny, have you ever experienced a stroke. Or, have you ever used hallucinogens?

Please either confirm or deny, but stop dancing around the question as if it's a red herring, because it's not. As I said, you're making all this up. I just want to know if you're deliberately censored, or if you're censored because of something that you cannot change (e.g., your past). If the latter, then we can proceed.

Go back and read through the thread and you will see I already answered the question. I have neither had a stroke nor have taken hallucinogens. This insight is a result of a spiritual awakening and self-realization. What about you? Have you had a stroke or taken hallucinogens?

The personality demands to know answers but that is exactly the kind of attitude that needs to be reversed to experience God. The need for answers is a stumbling block and a barrier. Underneath this need is an unconscious implicit and automatic agreement that we are not already one with all the answers for which we seek.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Go back and read through the thread and you will see I already answered the question. I have neither had a stroke nor have taken hallucinogens. This insight is a result of a spiritual awakening and self-realization. What about you? Have you had a stroke or taken hallucinogens?

The personality demands to know answers but that is exactly the kind of attitude that needs to be reversed to experience God. The need for answers is a stumbling block and a barrier. Underneath this need is an unconscious implicit and automatic agreement that we are not already one with all the answers for which we seek.

Then we cannot proceed, because you're simply pulling all of this out of your rear end and telling us it doesn't stink.

Raspberry.

Ben Masada

Jesus was anointed of God

Acts 10

How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

Christ means anointed

In that case, Israel is the "Christ" of the nations because, if you read Prophet Habakkuk 3:13, "The Lord goes forth to save His People; to save His Anointed One." That's what Messiah is; the Anointed One of the Lord aka Israel the Jewish People. The Anointed One of the Lord is not only the Messiah but also the Son of God if you read Exodus 4:22,23. "Israel is My Son; let My Son go that he may serve Me." Please, read the quotes not to imply that because I am Jewish, I claim every thing for Israel. If I am lying, the whole Bible is lying.

Prizebeatz1

Then we cannot proceed, because you're simply pulling all of this out of your rear end and telling us it doesn't stink.

Raspberry.

Don't tell me what I am and am not doing. If I am pulling something out of my rear end and telling you it doesn't stink I will admit to it. Besides, no one is forcing you to smell it. All you're trying to do at this point is find ways to attack me and discount my character. That is a tactic of the enemy to undermine confidence and encourage doubt. I don't claim perfection but nevertheless the personality is going to find something to criticize in order to compare and contrast against some standards or rules of perfection. This is biting of the forbidden fruit again because comparing against some ideal that can not be reached is judgment.