Jesus is God.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Don't tell me what I am and am not doing.
I'll do what I please thanks.
If I am pulling something out of my rear end and telling you it doesn't stink I will admit to it.
But you're not.
Besides, no one is forcing you to smell it.
Right. I'm just telling you to stop waving it around.
All you're trying to do at this point is find ways to attack me and discount my character.
Nope. You've already discounted your own character; that's what my question was about. At least if you've had a stroke or used hallucinogens, then you've got a pretty good reason to be behaving like you are. But since neither of those things are in your past, you are without excuse.
That is a tactic of the enemy to undermine confidence and encourage doubt.
Who is "the enemy?"
I don't claim perfection but nevertheless the personality is going to find something to criticize in order to compare and contrast against some standards or rules of perfection.
Not all criticism is unwarranted.
This is biting of the forbidden fruit again because comparing against some ideal that can not be reached is judgment.
No, it's not. Iffen you'd take a look at what the Holy See teaches about trespasses/moral offenses, you'd know that. But instead, you see yourself as having transcended the Holy Catholic Church.

And that stinks.

Prizebeatz1

Jesus is God.

I'll do what I please thanks.
But you're not.
Right. I'm just telling you to stop waving it around.
Nope. You've already discounted your own character; that's what my question was about. At least if you've had a stroke or used hallucinogens, then you've got a pretty good reason to be behaving like you are. But since neither of those things are in your past, you are without excuse.
Who is "the enemy?"
Not all criticism is unwarranted.
No, it's not. Iffen you'd take a look at what the Holy See teaches about trespasses/moral offenses, you'd know that. But instead, you see yourself as having transcended the Holy Catholic Church.

And that stinks.

Was any of that supposed to make me flinch?

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Ben Masada

I know something is wrong in what you're said, but can't put my finger on it yet.

Luke 2:10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. 11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

Okay Life-is-Good, and what did Jesus do to save? The world was bad before Jesus was born and remained worse after he died. What did he do to be entitled a Savior? Now, if you read Isaiah 43:3, the Real Lord, the Savior of Israel proved His being a Savior for more than several times throughout the History of Israel.

marhig

In that case, Israel is the "Christ" of the nations because, if you read Prophet Habakkuk 3:13, "The Lord goes forth to save His People; to save His Anointed One." That's what Messiah is; the Anointed One of the Lord aka Israel the Jewish People. The Anointed One of the Lord is not only the Messiah but also the Son of God if you read Exodus 4:22,23. "Israel is My Son; let My Son go that he may serve Me." Please, read the quotes not to imply that because I am Jewish, I claim every thing for Israel. If I am lying, the whole Bible is lying.
Christ was in the prophets, so the people heard Christ through them.

So do you believe that all the nation of Israel belongs to God and no-one outside does?

lifeisgood

Okay Life-is-Good, and what did Jesus do to save? The world was bad before Jesus was born and remained worse after he died. What did he do to be entitled a Savior? Now, if you read Isaiah 43:3, the Real Lord, the Savior of Israel proved His being a Savior for more than several times throughout the History of Israel.

When you accept Jesus the Christ as your God and Lord, you, Ben Masada, will know what He has done and will not have to ask anybody about it.

The same goes for Israel, until Israel accepts her Suffering Messiah, she will not see her King.

Ben Masada

Christ was in the prophets, so the people heard Christ through them.

So do you believe that all the nation of Israel belongs to God and no-one outside does?

I believe what the Word of God says. When Jesus was alive, every time he referred to the Scriptures as the Word of God, he had the Tanach in mind. Why? Because that was the gospel of Jesus. Now, with regards to your question above, I believe in Isaiah 56:3-8. That's about the Gentiles who have decided to join the Covenant of God with Israel by doing what is due to the Jews to do, they will have a name better than sons and daughter. This is to mean conversion to Judaism according to Halacha. Now, if you feel as a Gentile that you belong to the Lord without behaving as the children of the Lord, the judgment is between you and the Lord.

Ben Masada

When you accept Jesus the Christ as your God and Lord, you, Ben Masada, will know what He has done and will not have to ask anybody about it.

The same goes for Israel, until Israel accepts her Suffering Messiah, she will not see her King.

Our Suffering Servant of Isaiah 53 was Israel the Ten Tribes aka Ephraim until the Lord rejected Israel, Messiah ben Joseph and confirmed Judah aka Messiah ben David to remain as a People before the Lord forever.(Psalm 78:67-70) Now, to accept a man as god is total idolatry for a Jew. And for the Messiah, Jesus could have never been the Messiah as an individual. The individual is born, lives his span of life and dies. Are we supposed to expect a new Messiah in every generation? Obviously not. The Messiah is not supposed to die but to remain as a People before the Lord forever. (Jeremiah 31:35-37) And if you read Prophet Habakkuk 3:13, "The Lord goes forth to save His People, to save His Anointed One." That's what the Messiah is, the anointed one of the Lord, aka Israel, the Jewish People.

lifeisgood

Our Suffering Servant of Isaiah 53 was Israel the Ten Tribes aka Ephraim until the Lord rejected Israel, Messiah ben Joseph and confirmed Judah aka Messiah ben David to remain as a People before the Lord forever.(Psalm 78:67-70) Now, to accept a man as god is total idolatry for a Jew. And for the Messiah, Jesus could have never been the Messiah as an individual. The individual is born, lives his span of life and dies. Are we supposed to expect a new Messiah in every generation? Obviously not. The Messiah is not supposed to die but to remain as a People before the Lord forever. (Jeremiah 31:35-37) And if you read Prophet Habakkuk 3:13, "The Lord goes forth to save His People, to save His Anointed One." That's what the Messiah is, the anointed one of the Lord, aka Israel, the Jewish People.

If the "Suffering Servant of Isaiah 53 was Israel the Ten Tribes" is your Savior, you are lost.

Was Israel an innocent victim and guiltless sufferer?

The prophet said: "It pleased the LORD to bruise him." Has the awful treatment of the Jewish people (so contrary, by the way, to the teaching of Jesus to love everyone) really been God's pleasure, as is said of the suffering of the servant in Isaiah 53:10?

The person mentioned in this passage suffers silently and willingly. Israel, like everybody else complain whey they suffer.

Leviticus chapters 5 and 6. Isaiah 53 describes a sinless and perfect sacrificial lamb who takes upon himself the sins of others so that they might be forgiven.

The figure of Isaiah 53 dies and is buried according to verses 8 and 9. The people of Israel have never died as a whole.

Ben Masada

If the "Suffering Servant of Isaiah 53 was Israel the Ten Tribes" is your Savior, you are lost.

No, and I have told you already; my Savior is HaShem, the Creator of the universe. Read Isaiah 43:3.

No, and neither was Judah; however, the Lord rejected Israel, Messiah ben-Yoseph and reelected Judah, Messiah ben-Judah. (Psalm 78:67-70) Israel the Ten Tribes did not die but was spread throughout among the Gentiles and Judah has remained as the only God's Kingdom upon earth. (Ezekiel 37:22)

The prophet said: "It pleased the LORD to bruise him." Has the awful treatment of the Jewish people (so contrary, by the way, to the teaching of Jesus to love everyone) really been God's pleasure, as is said of the suffering of the servant in Isaiah 53:10?

To bruise him, not to kill him. This is one evidence why Jesus could not have been the Messiah; he was killed and not only bruised. Isaiah 53:10. The whole chapter of Isaiah 53 does not mention the death of the Messiah. If you compare that chapter with Psalm 44:9-26, all the sufferings of the Jewish People throughout History through pogroms, blood libels, Crusades, the Inquisition and the Holocaust, the Messiah goes through all kinds of torture but it is not killed as a People. Many, individually, even millions of Jews were murdered but not as the People. The People cannot disappear through death or the whole earth will be big danger.

The person mentioned in this passage suffers silently and willingly. Israel, like everybody else complain whey they suffer.

Silently here means to remain as God's People no matter what.

Leviticus chapters 5 and 6. Isaiah 53 describes a sinless and perfect sacrificial lamb who takes upon himself the sins of others so that they might be forgiven.

This is metaphorical of prophetic language. Perfect sacrificial lamb as in the case of Israel for Judah but not that one died for the other. Both Israel and Judah had reached the point of no return but the Lord could not remove both or the whole earth would have to go. Since He had promised to King David that Judah would be spared for the sake of David as a lamp in Jerusalem forever. (I Kings 11:36)

The figure of Isaiah 53 dies and is buried according to verses 8 and 9. The people of Israel have never died as a whole.

That's exactly what I have been telling you all throughout. Now, as the verses 8 and 9 of Isaiah 53 are concerned, the reference is to exile. When Jews are forced into exile, it is as if they have been cut off from the Land of the living and graves are assigned to them all throughout the nations. At the end of the exile, the Lord opens their graves and brings them back to the Land of Israel. (Ezekiel 37:12) This is about the "Dry Bones", a vision of Ezekiel about the Jews in exile.

Prizebeatz1

'Topic being, "Jesus is God" . . . .

Jesus' body died yet he is supposed to be eternal. If only the spirit part of him is eternal and his body is not then how could he be infinite? Is only part of him infinite? Do we know the definition of infinite? Do we know the definition of eternal? Is God not infinite and eternal? Was there a time when God stopped being infinite and eternal? What would we call it, the holy hiccup?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus' body died yet he is supposed to be eternal. If only the spirit part of him is eternal and his body is not then how could he be infinite? Is only part of him infinite? Do we know the definition of infinite? Do we know the definition of eternal? Is God not infinite and eternal? Was there a time when God stopped being infinite and eternal? What would we call it, the holy hiccup?

The Word, which is GOD, is infinite being. This infinite being added to Himself a human nature and body which are not infinite, obviously. That which has a beginning is finite.
Yet, this unification which took place in time, nevertheless, will endure for eternity future.

'eternity' and 'infinity' are not always used interchangeably and do not always mean the same thing.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
For all questions of this sort, you just need to consult the Catechism of the Catholic Church. I've linked to the index entry "Christ."

marhig

I believe what the Word of God says. When Jesus was alive, every time he referred to the Scriptures as the Word of God, he had the Tanach in mind. Why? Because that was the gospel of Jesus. Now, with regards to your question above, I believe in Isaiah 56:3-8. That's about the Gentiles who have decided to join the Covenant of God with Israel by doing what is due to the Jews to do, they will have a name better than sons and daughter. This is to mean conversion to Judaism according to Halacha. Now, if you feel as a Gentile that you belong to the Lord without behaving as the children of the Lord, the judgment is between you and the Lord.

Jesus referred to the word of God as coming directly from the father to him and he delivered what was given to him by the spirit to the people, he never spoke of himself or did his will, everything he did and said was for and from God. Thus Gods word became flesh, and there was no fleshly life in Jesus he had full strength of Gods spirit because he obeyed the living God completely and denied his own will doing Gods will instead, and Satan couldn't touch him and this world had nothing in him.

John 14

Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

Matthew 4:4

But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Also, how do you know that I and others aren't behaving children of the lord?

Let me ask you this, there is a Jew who has been circumcised in the flesh, who looks the part and follows traditions, but he's hard inside and his heart of wrong before God and he is far from him.

Then there is another Jew also circumcised, lives in Israel, who doesn't believe in God and lives his own life, never even thinking about God and has no interest in any God.

And another Jew, who is circumcised naturally and loves God with all his heart and obeyed his will, living every day to please God with all his heart and he loves God deeply, he's not all holy looking on the outside like the first Jew but his heart is right before God within

Then there is a gentile, who heard the word of God through a man who believed in Jesus and taught them the things of God, and they listened and believed, who when they found something so precious, laid down their life so that they could bring the living God to others. They start to obey God and deny sin, their love for God grows stronger and God is cleaning their heart and their life in the flesh now means nothing to them, and they're love for God is strong, they are circumcised of the heart. And their heart is right before God.

Which of these people are God's true people?

Last edited:

Elia

Bs"d

There is no "innocent victim" and "guiltless sufferer" in Isaiah 53.

If you think different, please show me.

Do you really think that it is love when your God is going to torture the majority of mankind ( Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it) forever and ever in hell while the lamb is watching, because they really deserve this?

"They, too, will drink the wine of God’s fury, which has been poured full strength into the cup of his wrath. They will be tormented with burning sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and of the Lamb. 11 And the smoke of their torment will rise for ever and ever."

It that your type of love?

About God punishing Israel in Isaiah 53: "because the Lord disciplines those he loves, as a father the son he delights in."
Proverbs 3:12

Your messiah was not quiet, he spoke up when he was beaten, and on the cross he cried out: "My God, why did you forsake me?"

Leviticus chapters 5 and 6. Isaiah 53 describes a sinless and perfect sacrificial lamb who takes upon himself the sins of others so that they might be forgiven.[/quote]

Again, there is no "sinless and perfect lamb" to be found in Isaiah 53.

In the Tanach Israel is referred to as "the land of the living". Israel being cut off from the land of the living is Israel going into exile.

For a clear explanation about who Isaiah 53 speaks about see here: http://Isaiah53.notlong.com

"O Y-H-W-H, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come to You from the ends of the earth and say, 'Surely our fathers have inherited lies, worthlessness and unprofitable things.' Will a man make gods for himself, which are not gods?"
Jeremiah 16:19

Elia

'Topic being, "Jesus is God" . . . .

Bs"d

He is not. There is only ONE God, and that is Y-H-W-H. Besides Him there is no God:

Who is the God of Israel? The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob?

Christianity is very confused about this. A confusion also caused by bad Bible translations. In almost all translations the four lettered name of God, Y-H-W-H, which appears in the Hebrew Bible almost 7000 times, is not mentioned, but replaced by "the LORD".

But here are some Biblical texts which point out WHO is the God of Israel. In these verses the letters of the name of God are written, like in the original Hebrew.

Exodus 29:46 “They will know that I am Y-H-W-H their God, who brought them out of Egypt so that I might dwell among them. I am Y-H-W-H their God.”

Numbers 15:41 “I am Y-H-W-H your God, who brought you out of Egypt to be your God. I am Y-H-W-H your God.”

Deuteronomy 10:20-21 “Fear Y-H-W-H your God and serve him. Hold fast to him and take your oaths in his name. He is your praise; he is your God, who performed for you those great and awesome wonders you saw with your own eyes.”

Joshua 24:18 “We too will serve Y-H-W-H , because he is our God.”

II Samuel 22:32 “For who is God besides Y-H-W-H ?”

I Chronicles 16:14 “He is Y-H-W-H our God; his judgments are in all the earth”

II Chronicles 13:10 “As for us, Y-H-W-H is our God, and we have not forsaken him”

Psalm 31:14 “But I trust in you, O Y-H-W-H; I say, "You are my God.”

Psalm 89:6 “For who in the skies above can compare with Y-H-W-H? Who is like Y-H-W-H among the heavenly beings?”

Psalm 91:2 “I will say of Y-H-W-H , "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”

Psalm 100:3 “Know that Y-H-W-H is God. It is he who made us.”

Psalm 105:7 “He is Y-H-W-H our God; his judgments are in all the earth;”

Psalm 118:27 “Y-H-W-H is God, and he has made his light shine upon us.”

Psalm 140:6 “O Y-H-W-H, I say to you, "You are my God”

Isaiah 25:1 “O Y-H-W-H, you are my God.”

Isaiah 41:13 “For I am Y-H-W-H , your God;”

Isaiah 43:3 “For I am Y-H-W-H , your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior;”

Isaiah 51:15 “For I am Y-H-W-H your God, who churns up the sea so that its waves roar- Y-H-W-H Almighty is his name”

Jeremiah 3:22-23 “Yes, we will come to you, for you are Y-H-W-H our God”

Jeremiah 10:10 “But Y-H-W-H is the true God; he is the living God, the eternal King.;”

Jeremiah 31:18 “Restore me, and I will return, because you are Y-H-W-H my God.”

Habakkuk 1:12 “O Y-H-W-H, are you not from everlasting? My God, my Holy One, we will not die.”

And is there, except for this God Y-H-W-H, any other god?

Deuteronomy 4:35 “You were shown these things so that you might know that Y-H-W-H is God; besides him there is no other.

Deuteronomy 4:39 “Acknowledge and take to heart this day that Y-H-W-H is God in heaven above and on the earth below. There is no other.

II Samuel 7:22 “How great you are, O Sovereign Y-H-W-H! There is no one like you, and there is no God but you, as we have heard with our own ears.”

I Kings 8:60 “so that all the peoples of the earth may know that Y-H-W-H is God and that there is no other.”

I Chronicles 17:20 “There is no one like you, O Y-H-W-H, and there is no God but you, as we have heard with our own ears.”

II Chronicles 6:14 “O Y-H-W-H, God of Israel, there is no God like you in heaven or on earth.”

Nehemiah 9:6 “You alone are Y-H-W-H.”

Isaiah 45:21-23 “You are my witnesses," declares Y-H-W-H, "and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me."

Isaiah 44:6 “This is what Y-H-W-H says- Israel's King and Redeemer, Y-H-W-H Almighty: I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God.

Isaiah 45:5-6 “I am Y-H-W-H , and there is no other; apart from me there is no God. I will strengthen you, though you have not acknowledged me, so that from the rising of the sun to the place of its setting men may know there is none besides me."

Isaiah 45:21-23 “Declare what is to be, present it- let them take counsel together. Who foretold this long ago, who declared it from the distant past? Was it not I, Y-H-W-H? And there is no God apart from me, a righteous God and a Savior; there is none but me. Turn to me and be saved, all you ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other.”

Joel 2:27 “Then you will know that I am in Israel, that I am Y-H-W-H your God, and that there is no other;”

Exodus 20:1-3 “And God spoke all these words: "I am Y-H-W-H your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. YOU SHALL HAVE NO OTHER GODS BEFORE ME.

marhig

Jesus saved me by pulling me out of the pit, by bringing me the truth and showing me the way, his way leads to life. He showed me that I must deny the flesh for God to dwell my heart and keep my faith no matter what I go through in my life. He saved me by teaching me that I must overcome Satan in my life and to do so I must deny the will of my flesh and do the will of God, bare my cross and follow him. He's saved my soul from hell by bringing me the living God. Without Jesus laying down his life to do Gods will, I, being a gentile would never have known God.

I believe that we are being tested every day, and Satan is our stumbling block, and Jesus came and showed us the way to overcome Satan, and Jesus obeyed the will of God to his last breath, he never sinned, he bore all that Satan through man threw at him and he showed love and mercy in return, even showing forgiveness to those who crucified him and asking God to forgive them also. He suffered in the flesh to bring the living God to all and by taking everything that Satan threw at him and showing love till his last breath, he overcame Satan. And he is now able to help us that believe in him and strengthen us to deny Satan and overcome the world. He is the Christ, the only man that ever lived completely for the will of God, who completely denied his flesh and he loved God with all his heart and brought God to everyone.

I was dead before I found Jesus, now I'm alive in God, because God has blessed me with his spirit and his spirit saves me every day from my flesh and hell. Satan doesn't have the power over me that he did before, and all of this because Jesus came into sinful flesh, he who knew no sin, to show us the way back to God

We are reconciled by his death, but much more we are saved through his life, we are saved by the life of Jesus, and we must follow him and walk the walk and obey the living God and deny ourselves and do the will of God.

Romans 5

For if, while we were God's enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life!