Jesus is God

Jesus is God

• Total voters

6days

God's Truth said:
I have read it. (1st chapter of John)Did you really think that I did not?

Hey GT...perhaps I misunderstood your words and owe you an apology. Perhaps not though, so I will explain why it seems you haven't read the whole chapter... and you can explain what I got wrong.

God's Truth
: "(re. John 1:1)With God and was God is about the one and only God, the Father."
Answer

Are you saying that the one who was with God, is Himself - God the Father?

In the context of the whole chapter ( and the context of all scripture), the verse (John1:1) is referring to Jesus.

I'm not sure if you are JW, but will use the NWT

John1:3 "All things came into existence through him, and apart from him not even one thing came into existence."
Comment
All things came into existence through Jesus...the firrstborn of all creation. (See Col. 1:15,16)

John 1:1 "And the light is shining in the darkness..."
Comment
Who...or, what is this light? The following verses tell that John was sent to bear witness of the light. And... you would agree that John was sent to bear witness of Jesus? (" and the world came into existence through him" John 1:10)

God's Truth

Hey GT...perhaps I misunderstood your words and owe you an apology. Perhaps not though, so I will explain why it seems you haven't read the whole chapter... and you can explain what I got wrong.

God's Truth
: "(re. John 1:1)With God and was God is about the one and only God, the Father."
Answer

Are you saying that the one who was with God, is Himself - God the Father?
That is right. There are three, and the three are one and the same.

In the context of the whole chapter ( and the context of all scripture), the verse (John1:1) is referring to Jesus.

I'm not sure if you are JW, but will use the NWT

No, I am not JW. I believe Jesus is God.
John1:3 "All things came into existence through him, and apart from him not even one thing came into existence."
Comment
All things came into existence through Jesus...the firrstborn of all creation. (See Col. 1:15,16)
Right. Jesus is the first born over all creation, THEN all things were made through him.

Jesus is the First and the Last.

Think about it more. Jesus is the First and the Last.

When God made Himself a physical body, it was the body of the Man Jesus Christ, after the resurrection.

John 1:1 "And the light is shining in the darkness..."
Comment
Who...or, what is this light?

Good question. The Father is the Light, Jesus is the same Light.

The following verses tell that John was sent to bear witness of the light. And... you would agree that John was sent to bear witness of Jesus? (" and the world came into existence through him" John 1:10)

The Father and Jesus are the same.

They both are the same one and only Light.

6days

God's Truth said:
That is right. There are three, and the three are one and the same.
Well... we agree that the Lord God is one. But the Bible consistently makes distinctions between "the three". For example, in the verse we were discussing, John 1:1, it would be silly for the author say 'God was with God'; but isn't that essentially what you are saying?

God's Truth said:
No, I am not JW. I believe Jesus is God.

Great... we both believe Jesus is God... why are we arguing? :)

And, great you are not JW, so I will stop quoting from the NWT.

God's Grace said:
Right. Jesus is the first born over all creation, THEN all things were made through him.
Ok... sorry, but now I'm seriously baffled as to what you believe, or what you are saying. (Yes, I get baffled easily).

What do you think the term first born means? Surely you are not suggesting that God was born?...or created? (You did say Jeaua is God)

That term (first born) makes sense if we notice it is used elsewhere in scripture as a title. If we realize it is a title, then we don't need to change scripture as you seem to do when you add the word 'THEN'. Again, I don't want to falsely assume what you believe but it seems you reject that Jesus created "everything"? Do you think there is an exception to Ex. 20:11 and Col. 1:16?

God's Truth said:
Jesus is the First and the Last.
Think about it more. Jesus is the First and the Last.
Yes... He is everlasting... the Alpha and Omega...His throne endures forever.

God's Truth said:
When God made Himself a physical body, it was the body of the Man Jesus Christ, after the resurrection.
Is that wording a mistake... or intentional? John 1:14 says "So the Word became human and made his home among us. He was full of unfailing love and faithfulness. And we have seen his glory, the glory of the Father's one and only Son"

keypurr

Col.1:12 giving thanks unto the Father, who made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light;

13who delivered us out of the power of darkness, and translated us into the kingdom of the Son of his love;
14in whom we have our redemption, the forgiveness of our sins:
15who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation;
16for in him were all things created, in the heavens and upon the earth, things visible and things invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers; all things have been created through him, and unto him;
17and he is before all things, and in him all things consist.
18And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.
19For it was the good pleasure of the Father that in him should all the fulness dwell;
20and through him to reconcile all things unto himself, having made peace through the blood of his cross; through him, I say , whether things upon the earth, or things in the heavens.

the firstborn of all creation; = One.

the firstborn from the dead; = Both.

Room.6:3 Or are ye ignorant that all we who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death?

2Cor.5:17 Wherefore if any man is in Christ, he is a new creature: the old things are passed away; behold, they are become new.

Jesus Christ was created twice.

Peace.

That is one way of looking at it but not the point I was trying to make friend.

God's Truth

Well... we agree that the Lord God is one.
The thing is, I really believe God is one, and not three different Person's making one.

But the Bible consistently makes distinctions between "the three". For example, in the verse we were discussing, John 1:1, it would be silly for the author say 'God was with God'; but isn't that essentially what you are saying?
Well that is why my saying God the Father came as a Man is correct.

Great... we both believe Jesus is God... why are we arguing? :)
Yeah, right, and it is major and good.

However, let's go deeper and correct false teachings that say Jesus is one of the three different Person's called God.

Jesus is God. There is only one God and no one like Him or besides Him. Think about it.
And, great you are not JW, so I will stop quoting from the NWT.

That was really kind of you to try to use a translation you thought I only used.

Ok... sorry, but now I'm seriously baffled as to what you believe, or what you are saying. (Yes, I get baffled easily).
I believe that God is the Father, He is invisible (spirits are invisible), and God the Father is Spirit.

The Father made Himself a physical body in which He then made the world, and the whole universe.

That body is of the Man Jesus who would come to earth and offer salvation through his body, his body for which the whole world was made. The resurrected body of the Man Jesus. The First and the Last,all at the same time.
What do you think the term first born means? Surely you are not suggesting that God was born?...or created? (You did say Jeaua is God)
God made Himself a body. Jesus is God the Father come as a Man. All men are their spirit with a physical body.

That term (first born) makes sense if we notice it is used elsewhere in scripture as a title. If we realize it is a title, then we don't need to change scripture as you seem to do when you add the word 'THEN'. Again, I don't want to falsely assume what you believe but it seems you reject that Jesus created "everything"? Do you think there is an exception to Ex. 20:11 and Col. 1:16?
Look more carefully at Colossians 1:15 and 16. It says Jesus was firstborn and then it speaks how all was made through him.

The world was made through his body.

Yes... He is everlasting... the Alpha and Omega...His throne endures forever.

Is that wording a mistake... or intentional? John 1:14 says "So the Word became human and made his home among us. He was full of unfailing love and faithfulness. And we have seen his glory, the glory of the Father's one and only Son"

Jesus is the First and the Last. That means his body which was made First is what we all receive Last.

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
The thing is, I really believe God is one, and not three different Person's making one.

Well that is why my saying God the Father came as a Man is correct.

Yeah, right, and it is major and good.

However, let's go deeper and correct false teachings that say Jesus is one of the three different Person's called God.

Jesus is God. There is only one God and no one like Him or besides Him. Think about it.

That was really kind of you to try to use a translation you thought I only used.

I believe that God is the Father, He is invisible (spirits are invisible), and God the Father is Spirit.

The Father made Himself a physical body in which He then made the world, and the whole universe.

That body is of the Man Jesus who would come to earth and offer salvation through his body, his body for which the whole world was made. The resurrected body of the Man Jesus. The First and the Last,all at the same time.

God made Himself a body. Jesus is God the Father come as a Man. All men are their spirit with a physical body.

Look more carefully at Colossians 1:15 and 16. It says Jesus was firstborn and then it speaks how all was made through him.

The world was made through his body.

Jesus is the First and the Last. That means his body which was made First is what we all receive Last.
:dizzy:
This is where you are going off the rails.

The "first and last" doesn't have anything to with order. It's saying that God is the ALL and the ONLY God.
Isa 41:4 (AKJV/PCE)
(41:4) Who hath wrought and done [it], calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I [am] he.

Isa 43:10 (AKJV/PCE)
(43:10) Ye [are] my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I [am] he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

Isa 44:6 (AKJV/PCE)
(44:6) Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I [am] the first, and I [am] the last; and beside me [there is] no God.

Rev 22:13 (AKJV/PCE)
(22:13) I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

"The first and the last" refers to His self-existence and His uniqueness as the ONLY God.

God's Truth

:dizzy:
This is where you are going off the rails.

The "first and last" doesn't have anything to with order. It's saying that God is the ALL and the ONLY God.
Isa 41:4 (AKJV/PCE)
(41:4) Who hath wrought and done [it], calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I [am] he.

Isa 43:10 (AKJV/PCE)
(43:10) Ye [are] my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I [am] he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

Isa 44:6 (AKJV/PCE)
(44:6) Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I [am] the first, and I [am] the last; and beside me [there is] no God.

Rev 22:13 (AKJV/PCE)
(22:13) I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

"The first and the last" refers to His self-existence and His uniqueness as the ONLY God.

You need to reread what I said.

God's Truth

Where does it say in Scripture that Jesus had a body before the universe was created?

He was the firstborn over all creation.

Colossians 1:15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.

Colossians 1:16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him.

John 1:3
Through Him all things were made, and without Him nothing was made that has been made.

John 1:10
He was in the world, and though the world was made through Him, the world did not recognize Him.

Hebrews 1:2
But in these last days He has spoken to us by His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, and through whom He made the universe.

Romans 11:36
For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever! Amen.

1 Corinthians 8:6
yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we exist. And there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we exist.

Jesus reconciles everything through him, again. Reconcile means again.

Ephesians 1:10
as a plan for the fullness of time, to bring all things in heaven and on earth together in Christ.

Colossians 1:20
and through Him to reconcile to Himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through the blood of His cross.

Revelation 3:14 "And to the minister of the Church at Laodicea write as follows: "'This is what the Amen says--the true and faithful witness, the Beginning and Lord of God's Creation.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
He was the firstborn over all creation.

Colossians 1:15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.

Colossians 1:16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him.

John 1:3
Through Him all things were made, and without Him nothing was made that has been made.

John 1:10
He was in the world, and though the world was made through Him, the world did not recognize Him.

Hebrews 1:2
But in these last days He has spoken to us by His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, and through whom He made the universe.

Romans 11:36
For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever! Amen.

1 Corinthians 8:6
yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we exist. And there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we exist.

Jesus reconciles everything through him, again. Reconcile means again.

Ephesians 1:10
as a plan for the fullness of time, to bring all things in heaven and on earth together in Christ.

Colossians 1:20
and through Him to reconcile to Himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through the blood of His cross.

Revelation 3:14 "And to the minister of the Church at Laodicea write as follows: "'This is what the Amen says--the true and faithful witness, the Beginning and Lord of God's Creation.

Not a single one of those verses even have the word "body" in them, let alone say that Jesus had a body before the universe was...

Try again.

God's Truth

Red herring. Stay on topic please.

Where does it say in Scripture that Jesus had a body before the universe was created?

The red herring is you saying red herring.

I am trying to help you see.

If you don't want to answer then I will not give you more scriptures to show you.