Jesus is God

Jesus is God

• Total voters

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
LORD in the OT means YHWH, not Jesus Christ.

Sent from my iPad using TOL

Psa 110:1* A Psalm of David. The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

Who is David's Lord that is seated at the LORD's right hand?

*Psa 110:2* The LORD shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: rule thou in the midst of thine enemies.

Who is it that shall rule in the midst of His enemies?
Psa 110:3* Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.

Who is 'thy' and who are His people that shall be willing?

What is 'the day of His power'?
Psa 110:4* The LORD hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek.

Who was to be 'a priest forever' after that order?

Psa 110:5* The Lord at thy right hand shall strike through kings in the day of his wrath.

Who is 'the Lord' and at whose right hand is He?

Whose day of wrath is it?

Psa 110:6* He shall judge among the heathen, he shall fill the places with the dead bodies; he shall wound the heads over many countries.

Who is 'He' that shall judge the nations and inflict violence upon them?

Last edited:

keypurr

Psa 110:1* A Psalm of David. The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

Who is David's Lord that is seated at the LORD's right hand?

Psa 110:1 A Psalm of David. The YHWH said unto my LOGOS, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

*Psa 110:2* The LORD shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: rule thou in the midst of thine enemies.

Who is it that shall rule in the midst of His enemies?

Psa 110:2 The YHWH shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: rule thou in the midst of thine enemies.

Psa 110:3* Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.

Who is 'thy' and who are His people that shall be willing?

Psa 110:3 Christ (logos} people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.

What is 'the day of His power'?

The logos had the power before the world existed, but I think this is speaking of when God (LORD) made Christ Lord of all creation.

Psa 110:4* The LORD hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek.

Who was to be 'a priest forever' after that order?

Psa 110:4 The YHWH hath sworn, and will not repent, Christ art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek.

Psa 110:5* The Lord at thy right hand shall strike through kings in the day of his wrath.

Who is 'the Lord' and at whose right hand is He?

Psa 110:5 The Christ at thy right hand (of YHWH) shall strike through kings in the day of his wrath.

Whose day of wrath is it?

Our Lord Jesus Christ will execute judgement.

Psa 110:6* He shall judge among the heathen, he shall fill the places with the dead bodies; he shall wound the heads over many countries.

*[/QUOTE]

Psa 110:6 Christ shall judge among the heathen, he shall fill the places with the dead bodies; he shall wound the heads over many countries.

Steko, these are just my thoughts as to what they say. To be honest I never gave these verses much of my study time.

God's Truth

So your saying Jesus did not raise himself?
Jesus is NOT the Holy Spirit.

Jesus is NOT the Father.

On the cross did Jesus send his spirit to his Father?

Did only the body die?

These are good questions to do a study on.

The scriptures say the Father raised Jesus, Jesus raised himself, and the Holy Spirit raised Jesus. They are one and the same.

Rosenritter

Keypurr, you said that Jesus was a god, but not the creator. The LORD God of the Old Testament says that he will destroy those gods that did not create the heavens and the earth. Are you really not able to put these two together?

Rosenritter

Zechariah 12:4-10 KJV
(4) In that day, saith the LORD, I will smite every horse with astonishment, and his rider with madness: and I will open mine eyes upon the house of Judah, and will smite every horse of the people with blindness.
(5) And the governors of Judah shall say in their heart, The inhabitants of Jerusalem shall be my strength in the LORD of hosts their God.
(6) In that day will I make the governors of Judah like an hearth of fire among the wood, and like a torch of fire in a sheaf; and they shall devour all the people round about, on the right hand and on the left: and Jerusalem shall be inhabited again in her own place, even in Jerusalem.
(7) The LORD also shall save the tents of Judah first, that the glory of the house of David and the glory of the inhabitants of Jerusalem do not magnify themselves against Judah.
(8) In that day shall the LORD defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of the LORD before them.
(9) And it shall come to pass in that day, that Iwill seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.
(10) And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

Zechariah 11:12-13 KJV
(12) And I said unto them, If ye think good, give me my price; and if not, forbear. So they weighed for my price thirty pieces of silver.
(13) And the LORD said unto me, Cast it unto the potter: a goodly price that I was prised at of them. And I took the thirty pieces of silver, and cast them to the potter in the house of the LORD.

LORD in the Old Testament means Jesus, also known as YHWH.

Revelation 1:17-18 KJV
(17) And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:
(18) I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Revelation 1:7-8 KJV
(7) Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.
(8) I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

This is also confirmed in the New Testament.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Zechariah 12:4-10 KJV
(4) In that day, saith the LORD, I will smite every horse with astonishment, and his rider with madness: and I will open mine eyes upon the house of Judah, and will smite every horse of the people with blindness.
(5) And the governors of Judah shall say in their heart, The inhabitants of Jerusalem shall be my strength in the LORD of hosts their God.
(6) In that day will I make the governors of Judah like an hearth of fire among the wood, and like a torch of fire in a sheaf; and they shall devour all the people round about, on the right hand and on the left: and Jerusalem shall be inhabited again in her own place, even in Jerusalem.
(7) The LORD also shall save the tents of Judah first, that the glory of the house of David and the glory of the inhabitants of Jerusalem do not magnify themselves against Judah.
(8) In that day shall the LORD defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of the LORD before them.
(9) And it shall come to pass in that day, that Iwill seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.
(10) And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

Zechariah 11:12-13 KJV
(12) And I said unto them, If ye think good, give me my price; and if not, forbear. So they weighed for my price thirty pieces of silver.
(13) And the LORD said unto me, Cast it unto the potter: a goodly price that I was prised at of them. And I took the thirty pieces of silver, and cast them to the potter in the house of the LORD.

LORD in the Old Testament means Jesus, also known as YHWH.

Revelation 1:17-18 KJV
(17) And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:
(18) I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

(7) Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.
(8) I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

This is also confirmed in the New Testament.

Wrong.

If you were born of God then you would recognize the Father being In His son.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Keypurr, you said that Jesus was a god, but not the creator. The LORD God of the Old Testament says that he will destroy those gods that did not create the heavens and the earth. Are you really not able to put these two together?

Joh 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

keypurr

You fail to understand my words friend.

Jesus was a man.

However the spirit son (express image) was sent to dwell in him and speak of the father and his love.

The spirit son came with the fullness of the Father, he is a god like creature. This son is the logos, the son of man mentioned in Daniel 7. The son of man came down from heaven to dwell in the body prepared for him. That is why he said that He was from above. He came to do the will of his Father (YHWH).

God the Father created ALL things through his first creation the logos (spirit son), express image. One needs to understand that to find truth.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Psa 110:1 A Psalm of David. The YHWH said unto my LOGOS, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

It's not the Greek word 'Logos'.
It's the Hebrew word 'adon' in that verse which means 'master' whether of GOD or of man.

Psa 110:2 The YHWH shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: rule thou in the midst of thine enemies.

The Lord/adon of verse 1 will rule.

Psa 110:3 Christ (logos} people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.

Yes, it is the Lord/adon, which is Christ in verse 3 and it is the believing remnant of the nation of Israel which are referred to as 'His people'.

The logos had the power before the world existed, but I think this is speaking of when God (LORD) made Christ Lord of all creation.

Actually, it's speaking of Christ's second coming to rule the nations with a rod of iron Ps 2.

Psa 110:4 The YHWH hath sworn, and will not repent, Christ art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek.

Yes, Christ, obviously.

Psa 110:5 The Christ at thy right hand (of YHWH) shall strike through kings in the day of his wrath.

Indeed it is Christ. Well done!

However, the word Lord in this verse is not the Hebrew 'adon' but is the Hebrew 'Adonay' which is a word used in the OT only of YHVH as the sovereign LORD.
Which means in this verse that the Lord Jesus Christ is YHVH, the only true GOD.
Therefore the verse would read like this:

Psa 110:5* The Lord(Adonay) at thy(YHVH's) right hand shall strike through kings in the day of his(Adonay's) wrath.

'Adonay' is the 'emphatic' of 'Adon' means 'sovereign Lord' and is only used in the OT Hebrew to refer to YHVH.

Therefore Adonay, which is Christ in this verse is YHVH at YHVH's right hand.

This is like:

Gen 19:24* Then the LORD(YHVH on earth) rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the LORD(YHVH) out of heaven;*

Our Lord Jesus Christ will execute judgement.

Indeed He will!

Psa 110:6 Christ shall judge among the heathen, he shall fill the places with the dead bodies; he shall wound the heads over many countries.

Steko, these are just my thoughts as to what they say. To be honest I never gave these verses much of my study time

I recommend deep and prayerful consideration.

Thank you!

Last edited:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It's not the Greek word 'Logos'.
It's the Hebrew word 'adon' in that verse which means 'master' whether of GOD or of man.

The Lord/adon of verse 1 will rule.

Yes, it is the Lord/adon, which is Christ in verse 3 and it is the believing remnant of the nation of Israel which are referred to as 'His people'.

Actually, it's speaking of Christ's second coming to rule the nations with a rod of iron Ps 2.

Yes, Christ, obviously.

Indeed it is Christ. Well done!

However, the word Lord in this verse is not the Hebrew 'adon' but is the Hebrew 'Adonay' which is a word used in the OT only of YHVH as the sovereign LORD.
Which means in this verse that the Lord Jesus Christ is YHVH, the only true GOD.
Therefore the verse would read like this:

Psa 110:5* The Lord(Adonay) at thy(YHVH's) right hand shall strike through kings in the day of his(Adonay's) wrath.

'Adonay' is the 'emphatic' of 'Adon' means 'sovereign Lord' and is only used in the OT Hebrew to refer to YHVH.

Therefore Adonay, which is Christ in this verse is YHVH at YHVH's right hand.

This is like:

Gen 19:24* Then the LORD(YHVH on earth) rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the LORD(YHVH) out of heaven;*

Indeed He will!

I recommend deep and prayerful consideration.

Thank you!

Adonai and Adoni (Psalm 110:1)
The Bible’s supreme proof text for telling the difference between the One God and the Messiah who is not God
This verse was referred to the Messiah by the Pharisees and by Jesus. It tells us that the relationship between God and Jesus is that of Deity and non-Deity. The Messiah is called adoni (my lord) and in every one of its 195 occurrences adoni (my lord) means a superior who is not God. Adonai on the other hand refers exclusively to the One God in all of its 449 occurrences. Adonai is the title of Deity and adoni never designates Deity.
If the Messiah were called Adonai this would introduce “two Gods” into the Bible and would be polytheism. Psalm 110:1 should guard us all against supposing that there are two who are God. In fact the Messiah is the supreme human being and agent of the One God. Psalm 110:1 is the Bible’s master text for defining the Son of God in relation to the One God, his Father.
Why is it that a number of commentaries misstate the facts about Psalm 110:1? They assert that the word for the Messiah in Psalm 110:1 is adonai. It is not. These commentaries seem to obscure a classic text defining God in relation to His Son. The Hebrew text assigns to the Messiah the title adoni which invariably distinguishes the one addressed from the Deity. The Messiah is the supreme human lord. He is not the Lord God (cp. I Tim. 2:5; I Cor. 8:4-6; Mark 12:28ff).
Why is the Messiah called adoni (my lord) and never adonai (my Lord God)?
“Adonai and Adoni are variations of Masoretic pointing to distinguish divine reference from human.”
Adonai is referred to God but Adoni to human superiors.
Adoni — ref. to men: my lord, my master [see Ps. 110:1]
Adonai — ref. to God…Lord (Brown, Driver, Briggs, Hebrew and English Lexicon of the Old Testament, under adon [= lord]).
“The form ADONI (‘my lord’), a royal title (I Sam. 29:8), is to be carefully distinguished from the divine title ADONAI (‘my Lord’) used of Yahweh.” “ADONAI — the special plural form [the divine title] distinguishes it from adonai [with short vowel] = my lords” (International Standard Bible Encyclopedia, “Lord,” p. 157).
“Lord in the OT is used to translate ADONAI when applied to the Divine Being. The [Hebrew] word…has a suffix [with special pointing] presumably for the sake of distinction…between divine and human appellative” (Hastings Dictionary of the Bible, “Lord,” Vol. 3, p. 137).
“Hebrew Adonai exclusively denotes the God of Israel. It is attested about 450 times in the OT…Adoni [is] addressed to human beings (Gen. 44:7, Num. 32:25, II Kings 2:19 [etc.]). We have to assume that the word adonai received its special form to distinguish it from the secular use of adon [i.e., adoni]. The reason why [God is addressed] as adonai, [with long vowel] instead of the normal adon, adoni or adonai [with short vowel] may have been to distinguish Yahweh from other gods and from human lords” (Dictionary of Deities and Demons in the Bible, p. 531).

Professor of Hebrew and Greek , Anthony Buzzard.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You fail to understand my words friend.

Jesus was a man.

However the spirit son (express image) was sent to dwell in him and speak of the father and his love.

The spirit son came with the fullness of the Father, he is a god like creature. This son is the logos, the son of man mentioned in Daniel 7. The son of man came down from heaven to dwell in the body prepared for him. That is why he said that He was from above. He came to do the will of his Father (YHWH).

God the Father created ALL things through his first creation the logos (spirit son), express image. One needs to understand that to find truth.

No Keypurr! Jesus is not a created being. he was in the beginning with the Father and through Him are all things made.

John 1:1-5 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

The Deity of Jesus Christ
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. 5 The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

Believe the word of God and come out of your twisted world.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
The Bible’s supreme proof text for telling the difference between the One God and the Messiah who is not God
This verse was referred to the Messiah by the Pharisees and by Jesus. It tells us that the relationship between God and Jesus is that of Deity and non-Deity. The Messiah is called adoni (my lord) and in every one of its 195 occurrences adoni (my lord) means a superior who is not God. Adonai on the other hand refers exclusively to the One God in all of its 449 occurrences. Adonai is the title of Deity and adoni never designates Deity.
If the Messiah were called Adonai this would introduce “two Gods” into the Bible and would be polytheism. Psalm 110:1 should guard us all against supposing that there are two who are God. In fact the Messiah is the supreme human being and agent of the One God. Psalm 110:1 is the Bible’s master text for defining the Son of God in relation to the One God, his Father.
Why is it that a number of commentaries misstate the facts about Psalm 110:1? They assert that the word for the Messiah in Psalm 110:1 is adonai. It is not. These commentaries seem to obscure a classic text defining God in relation to His Son. The Hebrew text assigns to the Messiah the title adoni which invariably distinguishes the one addressed from the Deity. The Messiah is the supreme human lord. He is not the Lord God (cp. I Tim. 2:5; I Cor. 8:4-6; Mark 12:28ff).
“Adonai and Adoni are variations of Masoretic pointing to distinguish divine reference from human.”
Adonai — ref. to God…Lord (Brown, Driver, Briggs, Hebrew and English Lexicon of the Old Testament, under adon [= lord]).
“The form ADONI (‘my lord’), a royal title (I Sam. 29:8), is to be carefully distinguished from the divine title ADONAI (‘my Lord’) used of Yahweh.” “ADONAI — the special plural form [the divine title] distinguishes it from adonai [with short vowel] = my lords” (International Standard Bible Encyclopedia, “Lord,” p. 157).
“Lord in the OT is used to translate ADONAI when applied to the Divine Being. The [Hebrew] word…has a suffix [with special pointing] presumably for the sake of distinction…between divine and human appellative” (Hastings Dictionary of the Bible, “Lord,” Vol. 3, p. 137).
“Hebrew Adonai exclusively denotes the God of Israel. It is attested about 450 times in the OT…Adoni [is] addressed to human beings (Gen. 44:7, Num. 32:25, II Kings 2:19 [etc.]). We have to assume that the word adonai received its special form to distinguish it from the secular use of adon [i.e., adoni]. The reason why [God is addressed] as adonai, [with long vowel] instead of the normal adon, adoni or adonai [with short vowel] may have been to distinguish Yahweh from other gods and from human lords” (Dictionary of Deities and Demons in the Bible, p. 531).

Professor of Hebrew and Greek , Anthony Buzzard.

I never said that 'Adonai' was used in Ps 110:1.

Your's and Mr. Buzzard's is a straw man argument.

Rosenritter

The Bible’s supreme proof text
Spoiler
for telling the difference between the One God and the Messiah who is not God

Professor of Hebrew and Greek ,
Anthony Buzzard.

Or we could have cut past all that nonsense from Anthony Buzzard and correct his false assumption from the start. The Lord God Almighty can designate himself as our Messiah.

God's Truth

Who can argue against God's Word?

God's Word plainly, clearly, says the Lord is the Spirit when speaking of Jesus; and, the Word says there is ONE SPIRIT. Since the Father is Spirit, and the Lord is Spirit, and there is only one Spirit, then they must be the same one Spirit.

All humans are flesh and spirit. Jesus had his own Spirit, and that Spirit in his flesh was the Spirit of God.

God the Father can do anything He wants, and He came as a Man.

Anyone who keeps debating this topic is not acknowledging the scriptures.

keypurr

No Keypurr! Jesus is not a created being. he was in the beginning with the Father and through Him are all things made.

John 1:1-5 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

The Deity of Jesus Christ
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. 5 The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

Believe the word of God and come out of your twisted world.

How many times must I show you that John 1 is not about Jesus?

John 1 is about the logos, not Jesus.

Where is the name Jesus in John 1:1-5?

It is not keypurr that has twisted the verses, stop adding words to scripture BR. There is no Jesus in John 1:1-5.

keypurr

Who can argue against God's Word?

God's Word plainly, clearly, says the Lord is the Spirit when speaking of Jesus; and, the Word says there is ONE SPIRIT. Since the Father is Spirit, and the Lord is Spirit, and there is only one Spirit, then they must be the same one Spirit.

All humans are flesh and spirit. Jesus had his own Spirit, and that Spirit in his flesh was the Spirit of God.

God the Father can do anything He wants, and He came as a Man.

Anyone who keeps debating this topic is not acknowledging the scriptures.

You are soooooo wrong.

God sent his son not himself.

Rosenritter

How many times must I show you that John 1 is not about Jesus?

John 1 is about the logos, not Jesus.

Where is the name Jesus in John 1:1-5?

It is not keypurr that has twisted the verses, stop adding words to scripture BR. There is no Jesus in John 1:1-5.

How is it exactly that you manage to delude yourself into thinking that the gospel of John is NOT about Jesus?

John 20:31 KJV
(31) But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name

Yes, right there, JESUS is the Son of God, Jesus is the Christ. This gospel book is entirely about Jesus. Oh, wait a minute, you've convinced yourself that "Word" and "Son of God" are two different things, haven't you?

Rosenritter

You are soooooo wrong.

God sent his son not himself.

Psalms 22:16 KJV
(16) For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet.

Zechariah 12:9-10 KJV
(9) And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.

Yet for some reason the LORD God Almighty of the Old Testament identifies himself as the one who was pierced. Then Jesus says he was the one pieced, and calls himself by every other identification of the LORD God Almighty.

I think you're just being obstinate.