Jesus is God

Jesus is God

• Total voters

Rosenritter

Show me the verse where he did raise himself.

Good luck in finding it.

Joh 2:18-22 KJV
(18) Then answered the Jews and said unto him, What sign shewest thou unto us, seeing that thou doest these things?
(19) Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.
(20) Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?
(21) But he spake of the temple of his body.
(22) When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.

What does the pronoun "I" refer to in verse 19? I guess you must think that Jesus misspoke. Or that this gospel was corrupted by part of the grand conspiracy that has pervasively changed all the rest of scripture to agree that Jesus is the Lord Creator God.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
(18) Then answered the Jews and said unto him, What sign shewest thou unto us, seeing that thou doest these things?
(19) Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.
(20) Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?
(22) When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.

What does the pronoun "I" refer to in verse 19? I guess you must think that Jesus misspoke. Or that this gospel was corrupted by part of the grand conspiracy that has pervasively changed all the rest of scripture to agree that Jesus is the Lord Creator God.

You do not believe God was IN Jesus, you believe God is Jesus.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus is God come as a Man. That means Jesus Spirit within him is the Spirit of God, but he came as a Man and had to grow and learn as a Man. We are all flesh and spirit; however, Jesus' Spirit is the Spirit of God. The flesh is just his earthy tent.

No.

The Body prepared for the Father was the whole man Jesus who God had raised up for His dwelling place, only permanent at the resurrection of Christ.

LA

Rosenritter

Your belief requires no mediator between you and God.

No, it doesn't. You still haven't explained. Or do you realize that as soon as you start to explain, it will become obvious by your own definition you will create the same dilemma for yourself?

I give up asking you nicely to explain yourself. I'm going to make an assumption on what you are saying (since you won't do so yourself) and cut this short. You are suggesting that if Jesus is God, then how can he be a mediator between God and man? Well then, if that is your interpretation, then Jesus cannot be man either, because how then could he be a mediator between God and man?

We are told that Jesus is the mediator between God and man. That is a fact which is not up for dispute. 1 Timothy 2:5. Your error is attempting to apply this verse to say that Jesus cannot be God. But by that same measure you created, neither can he be man. Therefore, in your zeal to lower Jesus from God you've destroyed any possible sense of the passage. Therefore, your interpretation is wrong, having created contradiction.

The correct interpretation is that Jesus is the mediator between God and man because he is God and came as man. He can mediate between the two because he is both. Not neither as you would suggest, but both as the scripture requires.

Don't complain that I've put words in you mouth, I tried so many times to get you to say your meaning. You must have sensed the trap. Can we get back to the original question now? What would be the ramification and effect if Jesus were God vs. if he were not God? How would this make a practical difference?

Rosenritter

You do not believe God was IN Jesus, you believe God is Jesus.

LA

In the vague sense I would say both. In the specific sense I would say that God was in Jesus, as God was greater than his manifestation in the flesh. In the broader sense I use the term "Jesus" to also speak of ascended Christ who no longer is bound by that temporary physical restriction.

keypurr

Ok, now show me where he did it.

If he did it then he was not really dead.

God can not die, Jesus Christ is not God, he is the son of God.
The son of a king is not the king, he is a prince.

Sent from my iPad using TOL

keypurr

Matthew 4:10 King James Version (KJV)

10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

Luke 4:8 King James Version (KJV)

8 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

If you understood the content of those verses you would not have posted them.

Rosenritter

Ok, now show me where he did it.

If he did it then he was not really dead.

God can not die, Jesus Christ is not God, he is the son of God.
The son of a king is not the king, he is a prince.

Keypurr, would you please clarify? Did you just challenge that Jesus did not keep his own prophecy?

That would make him a false prophet, and additionally blasphemous claiming powers that were beyond his capability. God would not raise nor endorse a blasphemer, and we are told that he was without sin (Hebrews 4:15). But as a sign, we know he did rise from the dead, and being without sin, his prophecy was not wrong. Jesus did raise himself.

Jesus was not wrong. You're wrong. The integrity of that prophecy is proven by his resurrection. Where is the sign that we are given to prove your theory?

John 2:19 KJV

Acts 2:32 KJV
(32) This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

Yes, Jesus did raise up his body, he gave the prophecy and it was fulfilled. Yes, God did raise him up. How does this work? Jesus is our God. That's what the whole scripture has been telling you all along.

keypurr

Keypurr, would you please clarify? Did you just challenge that Jesus did not keep his own prophecy?

That would make him a false prophet, and additionally blasphemous claiming powers that were beyond his capability. God would not raise nor endorse a blasphemer, and we are told that he was without sin (Hebrews 4:15). But as a sign, we know he did rise from the dead, and being without sin, his prophecy was not wrong. Jesus did raise himself.

Jesus was not wrong. You're wrong. The integrity of that prophecy is proven by his resurrection. Where is the sign that we are given to prove your theory?

John 2:19 KJV

Acts 2:32 KJV
(32) This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

Yes, Jesus did raise up his body, he gave the prophecy and it was fulfilled. Yes, God did raise him up. How does this work? Jesus is our God. That's what the whole scripture has been telling you all along.

God raised Jesus, he did not raise himself. If Jesus was God he could not die therefo not be the Lamb of God.

There is no verse that says Jesus raised himself. That dogma is man made garbage from the early fathers.

Sent from my VS835 using TOL mobile app