Jesus is God

Jesus is God

• Total voters

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
First, that isn't a ramification, that's an interpretation. The fact is that the bible says that Jesus is the mediator between God and man, which is a given, therefore it cannot be a ramification of the facts.

Second, your interpretation is flawed. If Jesus were not our Creator God, he could not be the mediator between God and man. He is qualified to be the mediator because he knows both sides. No mere man is qualified to mediate on behalf of God. He is qualified to mediate on behalf of man because he has shared our afflictions and lived as a man. If God was not manifest in the flesh, he wouldn't be said to mediate for man. But no man can give his life in exchange for others, nor has the power or authority to forgive sin against God. Scripture proofs for any of those statements will be provided upon request.

If you can set aside your objections and proof texts please, I am asking about ramifications. Let's talk ramifications. For example, if you believe that "Jesus is such a terrible person that I could not bear him to be my God" then SAY that. If you want to say "If God walked upon this earth and allowed himself to suffer at the hands of men then I could not respect that God" then SAY that. Look, here's an example:

If Jesus is our God, then we actually CAN know who God is: we know his character, we know exactly how he would respond to these situations, we know that he understands us, we know that he is willing to go through hell and high water to reach us and get our attention, we know that he is a God that leads from the front and doesn't ask anyone else to do something that he isn't willing to do himself. We can truly understand him, as Jesus says, "If you have seen me, you have seen the Father."

That's an example of a ramification. Not a fight on proof texts, I'm talking about the real effects where the rubber hits the road type of analysis. What would it MEAN if one or the other were true?

If Jesus is God the creator then you have no mediator, ongoing now, between you and God.

LA

Truster

:thumb: Yep, "If you do not believe that I am the Light of the Kosmos", just as he says that he says to them in the beginning of the passage. That also means that the same meaning flows through the passage to John 8:58 and even into the next passage.

The problem is you think that light is simply that light that illuminates. The unregenerate mind goes no further.

daqq

The problem is you think that light is simply that light that illuminates. The unregenerate mind goes no further.

The Word is the Light that illuminates every man having come into the world. And without having and holding the Testimony of the Meshiah in uprightness and truth one does not have the Meshiah. Moreover the Word includes the Living Oracles, Living Sayings, and Living Logos-Words of the Torah, even all of the holy Scripture: but without the Testimony of the Meshiah, found in the Gospel accounts and the Apocalypse, one does not even have the Spirit of Grace which is the Testimony of the Meshiah. This is the same Spirit in me which you have already said is Satan. You have no idea Who or what the Light is, for if you did you would not have blasphemed the Light and his and my Father.

Truster

The Word is the Light that illuminates every man having come into the world. And without having and holding the Testimony of the Meshiah in uprightness and truth one does not have the Meshiah. Moreover the Word includes the Living Oracles, Living Sayings, and Living Logos-Words of the Torah, even all of the holy Scripture: but without the Testimony of the Meshiah, found in the Gospel accounts and the Apocalypse, one does not even have the Spirit of Grace which is the Testimony of the Meshiah. This is the same Spirit in me which you have already said is Satan. You have no idea Who or what the Light is, for if you did you would not have blasphemed the Light and his and my Father.

As I said, you have no idea what is meant by the word light. Repeating ignorance does not make it less ignorant.

When it was said, "let there be light and light became" do you seriously thing it was just illuminative light?

Do you seriously think that "Elohim is Light" simply means illuminative light?

You are as dim as a lamp in fog.

Truster

PS

Explain what is meant when Yah Veh Elohim states, in the first person, through Isaiah, "I form the light...."

What does the ability to form light signify and what is the result of Elohim forming the light?

Truster

PPS The illuminative light we have on earth is from our sun and from the stars. The light that became on the first day was not from these. The sun, moon and stars were created and set in motion on the fourth day. This was after the creation of all vegetation on the third day. We all know that vegetation needs light to survive. What was the light they received if not from earth's light source.

daqq

As I said, you have no idea what is meant by the word light. Repeating ignorance does not make it less ignorant.

When it was said, "let there be light and light became" do you seriously thing it was just illuminative light?

Do you seriously think that "Elohim is Light" simply means illuminative light?

You are as dim as a lamp in fog.

PS

Explain what is meant when Yah Veh Elohim states, in the first person, through Isaiah, "I form the light...."

What does the ability to form light signify and what is the result of Elohim forming the light?

PPS The illuminative light we have on earth is from our sun and from the stars. The light that became on the first day was not from these. The sun, moon and stars were created and set in motion on the fourth day. This was after the creation of all vegetation on the third day. We all know that vegetation needs light to survive. What was the light they received if not from earth's light source.

The illuminator-lamp of the body is the eye: if therefore your eye be folded together as one, with proper frontlets between your eyes according to the Living Oracles of Elohim, then your whole body shall be full of light. But if your eye be evil, always wandering off the path of the upright like a desert nomad wanderer, then your whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in you be darkness, how great is the darkness: and no doubt such a one has a great horn of Yavan between his eyes for frontlets. :chuckle:

Truster

The illuminator-lamp of the body is the eye: if therefore your eye be folded together as one, with proper frontlets between your eyes according to the Living Oracles of Elohim, then your whole body shall be full of light. But if your eye be evil, always wandering off the path of the upright like a desert nomad wanderer, then your whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in you be darkness, how great is the darkness: and no doubt such a one has a great horn of Yavan between his eyes for frontlets. :chuckle:

Lots of quotes and lots of words, but you haven't answered the question:

daqq

Lots of quotes and lots of words, but you haven't answered the question:

When they blasphemed in Acts 18:6 what did Paul do?
Did he feel that he owed them anything more?
Nope, and your blood be on your own head. :)

Truster

When they blasphemed in Acts 18:6 what did Paul do?
Did he feel that he owed them anything more?
Nope, and your blood be on your own head. :)

Still no answer.

You don't know what light means or symbolises, because you do not walk it the light.

daqq

Still no answer.

You don't know what light means or symbolises, because you do not walk it the light.

And when the great is broken there will come up four in his place. :chuckle:

Truster

And when the great is broken there will come up four in his place. :chuckle:

Still no answer.

daqq

Still no answer.

emoticon-giggling.gif

daqq

Quote, but again no answer. You profess to be walking in the light but you can't explain what the light is.

I know this: anyone who says that my heavenly Father is the Devil and Satan is a dead man walking, (and there is no light in him).

Truster

I know this: anyone who says that my heavenly Father is the Devil and Satan is a dead man walking, (and there is no light in him).

Now you are seriously putting words into my mouth. I'm putting you back on ignore. For your sake, not for mine.

daqq

Now you are seriously putting words into my mouth. I'm putting you back on ignore. For your sake, not for mine.

You apparently have selective memory syndrome while I do not suffer from such.
I fully remember the multiple times you blasphemed my heavenly Father.

keypurr

Coming from someone who can't even acknowledge that Jesus Christ in Revelation and the little baby boy that was conceived in Mary's womb are the same person. And if you can't even do that, how can you possibly hope to understand how the Trinity works.

You need to learn who Jesus and the Christ that was in him are. Jesus did not create the Universe. Christ did. Jesus became the Christ when Christ (logos) went into him.

Sent from my iPad using TOL