Jesus is God

Jesus is God

• Total voters

God's Truth

Yes, of course, anyone who actually understands and believes the scripture has "a loose screw" according to you. It has already been spelled out for you and yet, because of your own self-imposed paradigm blinders, you cannot see what has already been said to you from the scripture:

Ezekiel 11:18-20
18 And they shall enter therein, and they shall take away all the detestable things thereof and all the abominations thereof out of there.
19 And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new Spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh:
20 That they may walk in My statutes, and observe My ordinances, and do them: and they shall be My people, and I will be their Elohim.

Ezekiel 36:25-27
25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and you shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, I will cleanse you.
26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new Spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
27 And I will put My Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you shall observe My judgments, and do them.

New Spirit = Testimony of the Messiah (John 6:63, John 7:39 YLT).

So does Jesus himself live in you?

You claim Jesus is not God; so tell me, does Jesus himself live in you?

Rosenritter

You are mistaken.

LA

Thomas acknowledged Jesus as God, and Jesus acknowledged Thomas.

Joh 20:28-29 KJV
(28) And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.
(29) Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

Let's break this down into parts:

a) Thomas ....
b) says to Jesus ...
c) "My Lord and my God"
d) Jesus acknowledges his statement.
e) Jesus praises those who will believe without having seen

Had Thomas made an error at this point it was imperative that Jesus correct him. Elsewhere in scripture when a man makes an error to worship a holy man or angel, that holy man or angel always corrects that mistake then and there. Do we need examples of this? Acts 10:25-26, Revelation 19:10, 22:9.
Spoiler
Act 10:25-26 KJV
(25) And as Peter was coming in, Cornelius met him, and fell down at his feet, and worshipped him.
(26) But Peter took him up, saying, Stand up; I myself also am a man.

Rev 19:10 KJV
(10) And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

Rev 22:8-9 KJV
(8) And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things.
(9) Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God.

Had Jesus chosen to rebuke Thomas, we have examples of what it looks like when Jesus rebukes someone. Also, examples from Matthew 4:8-10, 16:21-23, Luke 9:54-56. This is what a rebuke looks like:
Spoiler
Mat 4:8-10 KJV
(8) Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
(9) And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.
(10) Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

Mat 16:21-23 KJV
(21) From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day.
(22) Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee.
(23) But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

Luk 9:54-56 KJV
(54) And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?
(55) But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.
(56) For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them. And they went to another village.

Did Jesus acknowledge Thomas? Yes, he did. Jesus is God. So is he the Creator God?

John says Jesus is both God and Creator.
Spoiler
Joh 1:1-3 KJV
(1) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
(2) The same was in the beginning with God.
(3) All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Joh 1:10 KJV
(10) He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

Paul says that Jesus is the Creator.
Spoiler
Col 1:14-17 KJV
(14) In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
(15) Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
(16) For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
(17) And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Yet you protest that Jesus is not the Creator God. Thus I'd say you are mistaken. Jesus is God, Jesus is the Creator, therefore Jesus is the Creator God. Simple mathematical logic. This may be more of a case of your being unwilling to accept where the evidence leads. Why would you fight against this?

Can you lay out what you think the ramifications would be of either option? If Jesus is our Creator God, what does that mean differently than if Jesus was not our Creator God? Maybe that's what needs discussing.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Jesus is not "the God", the creator.

Jesus is our master, and divine King.

Jesus is proclaimed God by His Father who is "the God", Ho Theos

LA

So then why does the Greek specify "the God" in that verse?

8f36497e50b9a94546cca466c2a20320.jpg

It literally says "the Lord of me and the God of me."

"ho kyrios mou kai ho theos mou"
[the] [Lord] [of me] [and] [the] [God] [of me]

Also, He (Jesus) called "the God" [ho theos] in Hebrews 1:8:

dcb8124c1c65f9bb497c663e2c4115cd.jpg

"ho thronos sou ho theos eis ton aiona tou aionos"
[the] [throne] [of you] [the] [God] [(is) to] [the] [age] [of the] [age]

And remember, this is the Father speaking to Jesus His Son.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Nope, he won. Listen to him.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TOL mobile app
Coming from someone who can't even acknowledge that Jesus Christ in Revelation and the little baby boy that was conceived in Mary's womb are the same person. And if you can't even do that, how can you possibly hope to understand how the Trinity works.

Rosenritter

John MacArthur is a Calvinist.

Which is why it is ironic when his first few sentences say that understanding and accepting the deity of Christ is essential to salvation. A true Calvinist believes that the only element truly essential to salvation is whether one is predestined as one of the elect.

Maybe pay attention to the content of the message, rather than labeling the speaker? His message was actually good.

Last edited:

daqq

You said it here:
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by daqq
Sorry to burst your own bubble but "Jesus" and "Jesus Christ" are not even the same "person".

Sorry to burst your bubble but what you quoted from my comments does not say what you have interpreted it to say by some perversion and twisting of my words in your mind. And the fact that you have a distorted and very narrow understanding of what the word "Elohim" means is not my problem either, especially after it has been explained many times in many places: you willingly choose to believe what you want to believe. And I have not said, "Jesus is not God", however when you say "God", you always mean God Almighty and Creator of all things because you do not believe the Testimony of the Master or what the rest of the scripture teaches on the subject of Elohim, Elohim-Angels, Elohim-Judges, a holy elohim-seed, elohim-gods of the heathen, or any of the other ways the word Elohim is used in the scripture.

You also gave a thanks to marhig. In her post she says Jesus is not God.

Did you ask me specifically why I might have thanked her post? No, you did not, and I often thank posts which have good things in them even if I do not agree with every single word exactly as written as if I wrote them down myself. So now you are a mind reader too? How do you know why I agreed with her post or what it was that I agreed with when you never asked me about it before making your judgments, O god? :chuckle: