Jesus is God

Jesus is God

• Total voters

God's Truth

Which is why it is ironic when his first few sentences say that understanding and accepting the deity of Christ is essential to salvation. A true Calvinist believes that the only element truly essential to salvation is whether one is predestined as one of the elect.

Maybe pay attention to the content of the message, rather than labeling the speaker? His message was actually good.

You aren't fit to troll around judging me.

God's Truth

Sorry to burst your bubble but what you quoted from my comments does not say what you have interpreted it to say by some perversion and twisting of my words in your mind. And the fact that you have a distorted and very narrow understanding of what the word "Elohim" means is not my problem either, especially after it has been explained many times in many places: you willingly choose to believe what you want to believe. And I have not said, "Jesus is not God", however when you say "God", you always mean God Almighty and Creator of all things because you do not believe the Testimony of the Master or what the rest of the scripture teaches on the subject of Elohim, Elohim-Angels, Elohim-Judges, a holy elohim-seed, elohim-gods of the heathen, or any of the other ways the word Elohim is used in the scripture.

Did you ask me specifically why I might have thanked her post? No, you did not, and I often thank posts which have good things in them even if I do not agree with every single word exactly as written as if I wrote them down myself. So now you are a mind reader too? How do you know why I agreed with her post or what it was that I agreed with when you never asked me about it before making your judgments, O god? :chuckle:

You are the one twisted. Just read what you said in this post. You are one confused mess. Of course I am speaking about the one God Almighty. Since you know that, why do you claim you believe Jesus is God?!

You are dishonest. You agree with her beliefs that Jesus is not the Almighty God.
You falsely judged me as a twister and it is exactly what you are.

daqq

You are the one twisted. Just read what you said in this post. You are one confused mess. Of course I am speaking about the one God Almighty. Since you know that, why do you claim you believe Jesus is God?!

You are dishonest. You agree with her beliefs that Jesus is not the Almighty God.

Those to whom the Logos-Word of Elohim has come are called Elohim. Those are not my words but the words of the same one whom you claim to be God Almighty. You therefore by default make the claim that you yourself are God Almighty, whether you realize it or not, because you do not believe the Testimony of the very same one whom you claim is God Almighty: and yet the scripture says we are joint-heirs with him, and that he was not ashamed to call those willing to become sanctified his brethren. If indeed you believed his Testimony you would bow the knee to his Testimony and make the distinction between Elohim and the Father Elohim Almighty as the scripture demands. However you make no distinction between the various meanings of Elohim, and therefore by default you make yourself Elohim Almighty because you claim to have the Word of Elohim: but you will die as an adam, and fall as one of the sarim-princes, so enjoy your delusion, O god. :chuckle:

daqq

Those to whom the Logos-Word of Elohim has come are called Elohim. Those are not my words but the words of the same one whom you claim to be God Almighty. You therefore by default make the claim that you yourself are God Almighty, whether you realize it or not, because you do not believe the Testimony of the very same one whom you claim is God Almighty: and yet the scripture says we are joint-heirs with him, and that he was not ashamed to call those willing to become sanctified his brethren. If indeed you believed his Testimony you would bow the knee to his Testimony and make the distinction between Elohim and the Father Elohim Almighty as the scripture demands. However you make no distinction between the various meanings of Elohim, and therefore by default you make yourself Elohim Almighty because you claim to have the Word of Elohim: but you will die as an adam, and fall as one of the sarim-princes, so enjoy your delusion, O god. :chuckle:

In fact you do even worse because greater love has no man than that he lay down his life for his friends: and yet the one who calls you brother and friend, who laid down his life for you, you reject his claim that he is your brother and friend because you reject his Testimony in favor of your claim that he is God Almighty. So you say by your doctrine that your brother and friend was not enough to die for you, but instead it was God Almighty who had to die for you, because you fancy yourself as being so important that no one but God Almighty could die for you, while you yourself refuse to die. You therefore by your doctrine exalt yourself over God Almighty: for the one whom you say is God Almighty said he is your brother and friend. If therefore he is your brother and friend, and yet you say he is God Almighty, you then make yourself equal to God Almighty by way of your claim: but he died, and yet you refuse to die because you refuse to bow the knee to his Testimony. Your logic and reasoning defies the very simple and easy to understand Logos-Reasoning of Elohim: for he who says he is your brother and friend cannot be God Almighty, for God Almighty is clearly the Father according to the scripture, and not your brother.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
[

Can you lay out what you think the ramifications would be of either option? If Jesus is our Creator God, what does that mean differently than if Jesus was not our Creator God? Maybe that's what needs discussing.

There would be no mediator between men and God if Jesus was God the creator.

1Ti 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

LA

God's Truth

Those to whom the Logos-Word of Elohim has come are called Elohim.

Jesus is God Almighty come in the flesh as a Man. Again, in your own words you admitted that I believe that, yet you went against me as a twister when I said you do not believe Jesus is God. You believe Jesus is a god among many; and that is a false belief.

Those are not my words but the words of the same one whom you claim to be God Almighty. You therefore by default make the claim that you yourself are God Almighty, whether you realize it or not, because you do not believe the Testimony of the very same one whom you claim is God Almighty: and yet the scripture says we are joint-heirs with him, and that he was not ashamed to call those willing to become sanctified his brethren.
Jesus also says that the saved will be his children.
Jesus also says that he did not leave us as orphans. Only a father can say he will not leave his children as orphans.

The scriptures also say that Jesus is the one and only God. In fact, every name given to God the Father is also the name given to Jesus.

Isaiah 48:12 "Listen to me, O Jacob, Israel, whom I have called: I am he; I am the first and I am the last.

Revelation 22:13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the last.

Did you read that? In the Old Testament God the Father calls Himself the first and the last. It is the same thing Jesus calls himself.

This scripture says GOD is the ONLY RULER, the King of kings, and the Lord of lords.

1 Timothy 6:15
which God will bring about in his own time—God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords,

This scripture says that the Lamb, Jesus Christ, is the Lord of lords and the kings of kings.

Revelation 17:14
They will wage war against the Lamb, but the Lamb will triumph over them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings—and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers.”

So you can see that the scriptures reveal to those who consider carefully.

Read and believe for yourself.

If indeed you believed his Testimony you would bow the knee to his Testimony and make the distinction between Elohim and the Father Elohim Almighty as the scripture demands. However you make no distinction between the various meanings of Elohim, and therefore by default you make yourself Elohim Almighty because you claim to have the Word of Elohim: but you will die as an adam, and fall as one of the sarim-princes, so enjoy your delusion, O god. :chuckle:

You prove you are a false witness and slanderer. You say I call myself God Almighty. You have no care of the truth.

God's Truth

In fact you do even worse because greater love has no man than that he lay down his life for his friends: and yet the one who calls you brother and friend, who laid down his life for you, you reject his claim that he is your brother and friend because you reject his Testimony in favor of your claim that he is God Almighty. So you say by your doctrine that your brother and friend was not enough to die for you, but instead it was God Almighty who had to die for you, because you fancy yourself as being so important that no one but God Almighty could die for you, while you yourself refuse to die. You therefore by your doctrine exalt yourself over God Almighty: for the one whom you say is God Almighty said he is your brother and friend. If therefore he is your brother and friend, and yet you say he is God Almighty, you then make yourself equal to God Almighty by way of your claim: but he died, and yet you refuse to die because you refuse to bow the knee to his Testimony. Your logic and reasoning defies the very simple and easy to understand Logos-Reasoning of Elohim: for he who says he is your brother and friend cannot be God Almighty, for God Almighty is clearly the Father according to the scripture, and not your brother.
Just look how you twist. You had to do a lot of twisting to accuse me of calling myself God the Almighty. Think about that for a while; it should make you shudder.

Jesus is God the Father come in the flesh as a Son. Jesus is given EVERY NAME that God the Father has been given, and you go against that.

John 17:11
I will no longer be in the world, but they are in the world, and I am coming to You. Holy Father, protect them by Your name, the name You gave Me, so that they may be one as We are one.

Philippians 2:9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name,

Scriptures that say Jesus is God the Father:

See Deuteronomy 32:18. You deserted the Rock, who fathered you; you forgot the God who gave you birth.

1 Corinthians 10:4 and drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ.

The ROCK that FATHERED them was Christ.

Jesus says those who overcome he will be their GOD and they will be his CHILDREN.

See Revelation 21:7. Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children.

If we are Jesus' children, then he is our Father.

John 14:18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.

Did you read that scripture? Who but a Father will not leave children as orphans?

Jesus says when you SEE him, you have SEEN the Father.

See John 14:7 If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him."

John 14:9 Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'? John 12:45 The one who looks at me is seeing the one who sent me.

That means when we see Jesus, we can say, "I see the Father."

God says Jesus will be called God, Father, and Holy Spirit. So that is what I call Jesus.

Isaiah 9:6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Rosenritter

Can you lay out what you think the ramifications would be of either option? If Jesus is our Creator God, what does that mean differently than if Jesus was not our Creator God? Maybe that's what needs discussing.
There would be no mediator between men and God if Jesus was God the creator.

1Ti 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

LA

First, that isn't a ramification, that's an interpretation. The fact is that the bible says that Jesus is the mediator between God and man, which is a given, therefore it cannot be a ramification of the facts.

Second, your interpretation is flawed. If Jesus were not our Creator God, he could not be the mediator between God and man. He is qualified to be the mediator because he knows both sides. No mere man is qualified to mediate on behalf of God. He is qualified to mediate on behalf of man because he has shared our afflictions and lived as a man. If God was not manifest in the flesh, he wouldn't be said to mediate for man. But no man can give his life in exchange for others, nor has the power or authority to forgive sin against God. Scripture proofs for any of those statements will be provided upon request.

If you can set aside your objections and proof texts please, I am asking about ramifications. Let's talk ramifications. For example, if you believe that "Jesus is such a terrible person that I could not bear him to be my God" then SAY that. If you want to say "If God walked upon this earth and allowed himself to suffer at the hands of men then I could not respect that God" then SAY that. Look, here's an example:

If Jesus is our God, then we actually CAN know who God is: we know his character, we know exactly how he would respond to these situations, we know that he understands us, we know that he is willing to go through hell and high water to reach us and get our attention, we know that he is a God that leads from the front and doesn't ask anyone else to do something that he isn't willing to do himself. We can truly understand him, as Jesus says, "If you have seen me, you have seen the Father."

That's an example of a ramification. Not a fight on proof texts, I'm talking about the real effects where the rubber hits the road type of analysis. What would it MEAN if one or the other were true?

Last edited:

Rosenritter

Why don't you listen, troll? Stop going around judging me, you are a false judge and it is not the purpose of these threads for you to do so.

So what did you think of the content of the video clip that you rejected?

Spoiler
I figured it out. Speaking to you is trolling!

Rosenritter

I already posted what I thought about the video; but troll you wants to keep with your job of accusing me.

I must have missed it. I usually block your posts because you have the persistent habit of being obnoxious and attacking whomever speaks to you. Sort of like now.

Regardless, my point still stands. Calvinism had nothing to do one way or another with the subject of that video. It wasn't mentioned, and from what was actually said an observer would be led to think he was non-Calvinist. So what's the point of dismissing it because the guy elsewhere professes to be Calvinist?

But don't bother answering that. If you can't answer in a civil manner, don't answer at all. Either tell what you thought of the content of the video or go on your merry way.

daqq

Just look how you twist. You had to do a lot of twisting to accuse me of calling myself God the Almighty. Think about that for a while; it should make you shudder.

Jesus is God the Father come in the flesh as a Son. Jesus is given EVERY NAME that God the Father has been given, and you go against that.

Nope, I did not twist anything but gave you the facts from the scripture: you claim that the one who said he is your brother and friend is God Almighty. Therefore you make yourself equal to God Almighty because you claim by default that your brother is God Almighty. Who are you to claim that God Almighty is your brother? You have no respect for the Almighty Father or His Son who is His Word: for if you did you would believe the Testimony of His Son who is the Word of God Almighty.

Hebrews 2:9-12
9 But we see him who has been made a little lower than the angels, Yeshua, because of the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, that by the grace of Elohim he should taste of death for everyone.
10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and through whom are all things, in bringing many sons to glory, to make the author of their salvation perfect through sufferings.
11 For both he who sanctifies and those who are sanctified are all from one, for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren:
12 Saying, "I will declare your name to my brethren: in the midst of the congregation I will sing your praise."Psa 22:22

Psalm 22:18-24
18 They divide my garments among them, and they cast the lot for my clothing.
19 But You, O YHWH, be not far off: O my Strength, hurry to help Me!
20 Deliver my soul from the sword, my only one from the paw of the dog.
21 Save me from the lion's mouth: from the horns of the wild oxen, You have heard me.
22 I will declare Your name to my brethren; I will praise You in the midst of the congregation.

So by your perverted doctrine the Father Almighty prayed for help from the Father Almighty, and the Father Almighty died on the cross, and the Father Almighty heard his cries to himself, and the Father Almighty raised himself from the dead, and the Father Almighty is your brother.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Nope, I did not twist anything but gave you the facts from the scripture: you claim that the one who said he is your brother and friend is God Almighty. Therefore you make yourself equal to God Almighty because you claim by default that your brother is God Almighty. Who are you to claim that God Almighty is your brother? You have no respect for the Almighty Father or His Son who is His Word: for if you did you would believe the Testimony of His Son who is the Word of God Almighty.

Hebrews 2:9-12
9 But we see him who has been made a little lower than the angels, Yeshua, because of the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, that by the grace of Elohim he should taste of death for everyone.
10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and through whom are all things, in bringing many sons to glory, to make the author of their salvation perfect through sufferings.
11 For both he who sanctifies and those who are sanctified are all from one, for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren:
12 Saying, "I will declare your name to my brethren: in the midst of the congregation I will sing your praise."Psa 22:22

Psalm 22:18-24
18 They divide my garments among them, and they cast the lot for my clothing.
19 But You, O YHWH, be not far off: O my Strength, hurry to help Me!
20 Deliver my soul from the sword, my only one from the paw of the dog.
21 Save me from the lion's mouth: from the horns of the wild oxen, You have heard me.
22 I will declare Your name to my brethren; I will praise You in the midst of the congregation.

So by your perverted doctrine the Father Almighty prayed for help from the Father Almighty, and the Father Almighty died on the cross, and the Father Almighty heard his cries to himself, and the Father Almighty raised himself from the dead, and the Father Almighty is your brother.
John 8:24 KJV -

KingdomRose

No Jesus is not God, and the people who say he is can't stand for someone to start a thread saying that! Why? Because they don't want to see or hear the truth. They shut their eyes and put their hands over their ears and gnashed their teeth, just like the Pharisees who didn't want to hear what Stephen had to say!

"At hearing [what Stephen said] they felt cut to their hearts and began to gnash their teeth at him....They cried out at the top of the voice and put their hands over their ears and rushed upon him with one accord. And after throwing him outside the city, they began casting stones at him." (Acts 7:54,57)

Why would anyone here who calls themselves a lover of God get rid of a thread that someone started merely to encourage a meaningful discussion? Why wouldn't they just kindly refute my statements, if they could? Is it the truth that they cannot refute the statements that Jesus is not God? So they just shut up the author and lock the thread up. What a bold-faced attempt to just gag somebody so they won't say anything that might rock their flimsy little boat. Too bad they live with such precarious support for their erroneous doctrines.

daqq

John 8:24 KJV -

:thumb: Yep, "If you do not believe that I am the Light of the Kosmos", just as he says that he says to them in the beginning of the passage. That also means that the same meaning flows through the passage to John 8:58 and even into the next passage.