Jesus is God

Jesus is God

• Total voters

daqq

They do not exist.

Assumptions from you forefathers are not truth.

Why do you shun away from the words of the master when he says that his Father is the ONLY God?

Again Paul says we have one God, the Father, and one Lord Jesus Christ. God and Lord are two not one.

Sent from my iPad using TOL

Amen, two, not one. Have you ever noticed the word echadim in Ezekiel 37?

Ezekiel 37:15-17 KJV
15 The word of the LORD came again unto me, saying,
16 Moreover, thou son of man, take thee one
[echad] stick, and write upon it, For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions: then take another [echad] stick, and write upon it, For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and for all the house of Israel his companions:
17 And join them one
[echad] to another [echad] into one [echad] stick; and they shall become one [echadim] in thine hand.

Echadim is not used in the Shema! :)

By the same token, whenever someone says "WE", the statement emphatically implies two or more individuals because "WE" is by default plural, meaning "myself and someone else" no matter how many other individuals are intended. But this is precisely what the Master says in the famous "I and my Father are one" passage, proving beyond a doubt that he means THEY TWO are of one mind rather than the same exact personal individual entity:

John 10:30 T/R
30 εγω και ο πατηρ εν εσμεν

John 10:30 W/H

G2070 ἐσμέν esmen (ez-men') v.
"we are"
[first person plural indicative of G1510]

εσμεν ~ "WE ARE"

John 10:30 T/R - W/H
30 I and my Father, we are one.

That is still two, not one, as you rightly said. :)

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
He says that only God is good but NOWHERE does He say that He is not God. Read the passage again and look at it from the other side.

Sorry, I can not twist it to mean anything than what it clearly states.

Jesus is saying the only one good is God and that it is one other than Himself.

LA

glorydaz

In what way was the word WITH God?

You say it was Jesus who was with God, thus showing you believe in two Gods.

He was with God and was God in the beginning. You are arguing with the Bible, not me.

The Godhead is a mystery to all without faith.

The Him, who made all things, had one with Him, or One made all things by another.

Either way you do not examine the text, and interpret by your own ideas.

LA

Yep, it's a mystery you can't explain, isn't it?

keypurr

Why do you shun away from;

John 10:30 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

30 I and the Father are one.”

Where does Jesus ever say that He is not God?

We all can be one with the Father. Read John 17.

Did he not tell you that only his Father is good?

If Christ was God why was he taking orders from his Father?

He was given the power he has, he did not have it by himself.

The scriptures tell us that there is only ONE TRUE GOD.

Jesus Christ HAS A GOD, therefore he is NOT GOD.

HE IS THE SON OF GOD.

Show me where Jesus Christ says he is God.

BR it is time to start thinking for yourself.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We all can be one with the Father. Read John 17.

Did he not tell you that only his Father is good?

If Christ was God why was he taking orders from his Father?

He was given the power he has, he did not have it by himself.

The scriptures tell us that there is only ONE TRUE GOD.

Jesus Christ HAS A GOD, therefore he is NOT GOD.

HE IS THE SON OF GOD.

Show me where Jesus Christ says he is God.

BR it is time to start thinking for yourself.

I am a Berean Keypurr. I always think for myself and question that which seems contrary to the Word of God.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Sorry, I can not twist it to mean anything than what it clearly states.

Jesus is saying the only one good is God and that it is one other than Himself.

LA

If the Lord Jesus wasn't good, then show us where He failed to be good.

If the Lord Jesus wasn't good, the you can surely show us where He failed to be the lamb without spot and without blemish.

If the Lord Jesus was not good then He was not without sin.

Your false jesus is an inadequate savior.

glorydaz

No mystery to me.

Of course it's a mystery to you, Keypurr. You prove it with every post you make.

1 Timothy 3:16
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Of course it's a mystery to you, Keypurr. You prove it with every post you make.

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

:thumb: Great scripture!

daqq

If there was a thread where no controversial passages were allowed the Oneness and Trinitarians would have no argument to put forward. There are about twenty or so passages that are mostly used by the "Jesus is God Almighty" crowd, and every one of them is either suspect, inconclusive, hotly debated, having multiple different readings from different manuscripts and codices, or already proven to be erroneous renderings, (your quote is one of them).

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If there was a thread where no controversial passages were allowed the Oneness and Trinitarians would have no argument to put forward. There are about twenty or so passages that are mostly used by the "Jesus is God Almighty" crowd, and every one of them is either suspect, inconclusive, hotly debated, having multiple different readings from different manuscripts and codices, or already proven to be erroneous renderings, (your quote is one of them).

Ones that are perfectly clear but unacceptable?

glorydaz

Yeah, the antichrists refuse all truth about their Creator coming to dwell among men.

keypurr

I am a Berean Keypurr. I always think for myself and question that which seems contrary to the Word of God.

Say that Jesus Christ is God is contrary to the Bible.

He came to do the will of his Father. He is a servant of his God.

Joh 17:20 "My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message,
Joh 17:21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.
Joh 17:22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one:
Joh 17:23 I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.

Joh 17:3 Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

keypurr

Do you understand what "manifest" means? It means to make known.

Jesus came to make known to Father (God)

God did not come to us:

Joh 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Joh 3:17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.
Joh 3:18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.

HE SENT HIS SON.

The Son is not the Father.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Say that Jesus Christ is God is contrary to the Bible.

He came to do the will of his Father. He is a servant of his God.

Joh 17:20 "My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message,
Joh 17:21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.
Joh 17:22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one:
Joh 17:23 I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.

Joh 17:3 Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

That is because you do not know how to properly exegete scripture! You forgot the last three verses.

John 17:24-26 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

24 Father, I desire that they also, whom You have given Me, be with Me where I am, so that they may see My glory which You have given Me, for You loved Me before the foundation of the world.

25 “O righteous Father, although the world has not known You, yet I have known You; and these have known that You sent Me; 26 and I have made Your name known to them, and will make it known, so that the love with which You loved Me may be in them, and I in them.”