Jesus is God

Jesus is God

• Total voters

keypurr

Col 1:10 so that you will walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, to please Him in all respects, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God;
Col 1:11 strengthened with all power, according to His glorious might, for the attaining of all steadfastness and patience; joyously
Col 1:12 giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified us to share in the inheritance of the saints in Light.
Col 1:13 For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son,
Col 1:14 in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.
Col 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.
Col 1:16 For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities--all things have been created through Him and for Him.
Col 1:17 He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.
Col 1:18 He is also head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to have first place in everything.
Col 1:19 For it was the Father's good pleasure for all the fullness to dwell in Him,

Christ is a creature, not God.

keypurr

Shut up you little blithering lizard. You're lost and I'm beginning to not care.

You will know them by their fruits.

Let your light shine glorydaz, problem is your light is blackness.

I will always care for God's people, that is what the scriptures have taught me.

Come to the light of Christ. Babylon is falling, get out while you can.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Amen, two, not one. Have you ever noticed the word echadim in Ezekiel 37?

Ezekiel 37:15-17 KJV
15 The word of the LORD came again unto me, saying,
16 Moreover, thou son of man, take thee one
[echad] stick, and write upon it, For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions: then take another [echad] stick, and write upon it, For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and for all the house of Israel his companions:
17 And join them one
[echad] to another [echad] into one [echad] stick; and they shall become one [echadim] in thine hand.

Echadim is not used in the Shema! :)

By the same token, whenever someone says "WE", the statement emphatically implies two or more individuals because "WE" is by default plural, meaning "myself and someone else" no matter how many other individuals are intended. But this is precisely what the Master says in the famous "I and my Father are one" passage, proving beyond a doubt that he means THEY TWO are of one mind rather than the same exact personal individual entity:

John 10:30 T/R
30 εγω και ο πατηρ εν εσμεν

John 10:30 W/H

G2070 ἐσμέν esmen (ez-men') v.
"we are"
[first person plural indicative of G1510]

εσμεν ~ "WE ARE"

John 10:30 T/R - W/H
30 I and my Father, we are one.

That is still two, not one, as you rightly said. :)
People sure get all hung up on the word "one".

It can mean a singular entity (with no others involved), or it can mean a unit (as in a unity with others involved). As in one body, many members.

We find that throughout scripture.
Genesis starts with "Let us make".
Since GOD is one, that's a unit with more than one member involved.

Several other examples are throughout scripture.

Genesis 11 KJV
(6) And the LORD said, Behold, the people [plural] is one [singular], and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.

daqq

Don't lecture me about faith and blindness.

The day I was saved was the day John 1:1 became clear to my eyes and my understanding was opened. Our Lord Jesus Christ being Creator, Saviour, and God manifest in the flesh is not a doctrine. It is proclaimed through all of Scripture. The entire Bible is the Revelation of our Lord God and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Thank you for proving my point better than I could have done. :)

keypurr

1Co 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Joh 14:1 "Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me.

daqq

People sure get all hung up on the word "one".

It can mean a singular entity (with no others involved), or it can mean a unit (as in a unity with others involved). As in one body, many members.

We find that throughout scripture.
Genesis starts with "Let us make".
Since GOD is one, that's a unit with more than one member involved.

Several other examples are throughout scripture.

Genesis 11 KJV
(6) And the LORD said, Behold, the people [plural] is one [singular], and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.

What I said was in addition to what the Master himself already says using the same exact language in John 17, which has already been argued and presented by myself and many others, time and time again. And again, you and yours ignore such things in order to hold on to a handful of controversial passages which are generally either removed from their contexts, or in dispute, or erroneously rendered, or any number of other problems. The same is true of the passage I quoted from John 10:30 which you have now responded to. Not only does he say "WE", (which is more than one individual entity), but he expounds the meaning of what he says later on in the same Gospel account. The following contains the same language and therefore applies to the ultimate meaning of John 10:30.

John 17:14-23 ASV
14 I have given them thy word; and the world hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them from the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil one.
16 They are not of the world even as I am not of the world.
17 Sanctify them in the truth: thy word is truth.
18 As thou didst send me into the world, even so sent I them into the world.
19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they themselves also may be sanctified in truth.
20 Neither for these only do I pray, but for them also that believe on me through their word;
21 that they may all be one; even as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be in us: that the world may believe that thou didst send me.
22 And the glory which thou hast given me I have given unto them; that they may be one, even as we are one;
23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be perfected into one; that the world may know that thou didst send me, and lovedst them, even as thou lovedst me.

Your understanding of John 10:30, if applied to this same language here in this passage, would make all of us God Almighty: and therefore your understanding is seriously flawed because by claiming that Messiah is God Almighty based on John 10:30, while he was not ashamed to call those willing to become sanctified his brethren, makes you yourself God Almighty if you take your doctrine all the way to its conclusion, (for he calls us his brethren, not his sons). You may not take that to its conclusion yourself but what about those whom you teach such error? What is to stop them? In other words the logic of your reasoning is flawed because it ignores the statements in the above passage where the Master expounds exactly what he means by "one", and he certainly therefore does not alter the original meaning and clear intent of the Shema, as most of the mainstream imagines, for he clearly says that the Father is greater than he is; and his words shall never pass away.

glorydaz

You will know them by their fruits.

Let your light shine glorydaz, problem is your light is blackness.

I will always care for God's people, that is what the scriptures have taught me.

Come to the light of Christ. Babylon is falling, get out while you can.

:mock: Keypurr

Sounds like Brigham Young to me. Perhaps Ellen White. :think:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
hold on to a handful of controversial passages
They are only controversial if you make them so.
I don't.
It is very clear to me that "one" in scripture can mean either a singular member (without any other members), or a plurality of members being one unit.
It's not a mystery and it's not uncommon and it's not controversial.
And it doesn't just apply to scripture as a theology meaning, but was also applied in the same way with language throughout history.
Unless you were a real simpleton, everyone has known about it.

glorydaz

They are only controversial if you make them so.
I don't.
It is very clear to me that "one" in scripture can mean either a singular member (without any other members), or a plurality of members being one unit.
It's not a mystery and it's not uncommon and it's not controversial.
And it doesn't just apply to scripture as a theology meaning, but was also applied in the same way with language throughout history.
Unless you were a real simpleton, everyone has known about it.

It never ceases to amaze me that people will fight so hard to deny their Lord and Saviour. I guess there is truly nothing new under the sun. Even with the Bible being made available to all....they still fight against the Truth that it holds. :sigh:

glorydaz

1Co 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Joh 14:1 "Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me.

Paul is speaking to you and all those who denied Jesus Christ is their Lord and God. 'Of whom are all things and by whom are all things.' 'We in Him and by Him.' Paul covers every base and you somehow manage to miss it????????? :doh:

The Lord our God is ONE LORD. How much more obvious can Paul make it? For us there is One God and ONE LORD. They are the ONE LORD GOD. 'Have you been so long with me, Phillip, that you do not know this? If you have seen me, you have seen the Father.'

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It never ceases to amaze me that people will fight so hard to deny their Lord and Saviour. I guess there is truly nothing new under the sun. Even with the Bible being made available to all....they still fight against the Truth that it holds. :sigh:
The one that really cracks me up is the excuse they sometimes use about the "we" and "us" in Genesis 1 as being the "royal 'we'".
What they fail to recognize is that the folks (such as popes and kings/queens) that used the "we" were doing so because they considered themselves to be divinely appointed to represent GOD on earth.

Pay attention .................... divinely appointed to represent GOD on earth.
And they all believed GOD to be a unit of 3 members/persons (ie. a trinity).
Thus they used "we", just as GOD did in scripture.

daqq

That is nothing more than a blatant misrepresentation of the truth. I do not deny my Master Teacher, the Messiah, the same whose words you deny while claiming to know and worship him, and moreover you deny the One and Only Supreme Father by giving all of the credit to His Son. You have essentially eliminated the Father, whom you apparently imagine as an outdated "Old Testament God", by making Jesus the "new head" of your version of the "godhead". Moreover, even worse, you essentially claim that God Almighty died on the cross at the hands of His own creatures: and that you do because you imagine yourself as someone worthy of the death of God Almighty so as to supposedly "save" you and allow you to continue living the rest of your life for yourself because you know you cannot stop sinning in your present condition. Therefore, in your mind full of pride, it took God Almighty to die for you so as to "save" you because nothing else would be good enough for precious you, and you therefore can do no wrong, which is why you run around mocking others and blaspheming other believers for not agreeing with your heresy. It amazes me how people such as yourself will fight so hard against the very scripture you claim to uphold. If indeed Jesus is God Almighty then why do you not believe and preach what he says? and why do you not do what he says? Oh, that's right, in the MAD doctrine his words were "only written to the Jews" and you have a totally separate "dispensation of Paul". What a poor excuse for a disciple of the Messiah: you claim to know, love, and worship him, but when it comes to doing what he says you say his words were only intended for "the Jews".

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That is nothing more than a blatant misrepresentation of the truth. I do not deny my Master Teacher, the Messiah, the same whose words you deny while claiming to know and worship him, and moreover you deny the One and Only Supreme Father by giving all of the credit to His Son. You have essentially eliminated the Father, whom you apparently imagine as an outdated "Old Testament God", by making Jesus the "new head" of your version of the "godhead". Moreover, even worse, you essentially claim that God Almighty died on the cross at the hands of His own creatures: and that you do because you imagine yourself as someone worthy of the death of God Almighty so as to supposedly "save" you and allow you to continue living the rest of your life for yourself because you know you cannot stop sinning in your present condition. Therefore, in your mind full of pride, it took God Almighty to die for you so as to "save" you because nothing else would be good enough for precious you, and you therefore can do no wrong, which is why you run around mocking others and blaspheming other believers for not agreeing with your heresy. It amazes me how people such as yourself will fight so hard against the very scripture you claim to uphold. If indeed Jesus is God Almighty then why do you not believe and preach what he says? and why do you not do what he says? Oh, that's right, in the MAD doctrine his words were "only written to the Jews" and you have a totally separate "dispensation of Paul". What a poor excuse for a disciple of the Messiah: you claim to know, love, and worship him, but when it comes to doing what he says you say his words were only intended for "the Jews".
Garbage.

GloryDaze does not think she is worthy for GOD Almighty to die for her.
She relies on the grace (unmerited favor) of GOD Almighty for loving the unworthy creature she is.

daqq

Garbage.

GloryDaze does not think she is worthy for GOD Almighty to die for her.
She relies on the grace (unmerited favor) of GOD Almighty for loving the unworthy creature she is.

It is readily apparent in her doctrine and likely yours also: why else would anyone make such a preposterous doctrine up out of thin air? God Almighty cannot be killed. God Almighty is non-corporeal SPIRIT. No one has seen or beheld Elohim at any time, (John 1:18a, 1John 4:12a ASV).

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It is readily apparent in her doctrine and likely yours also: why else would anyone make such a preposterous doctrine up out of thin air? God Almighty cannot be killed. God Almighty is non-corporeal SPIRIT. No one has seen or beheld Elohim at any time, (John 1:18a, 1John 4:12a ASV).
Is the Lord Jesus Christ your Savior?
I hope so.

Acts 4 KJV
(12) Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Cause there is only "one" Savior.

Isaiah 43 KJV
(11) I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.

daqq

Is the Lord Jesus Christ your Savior?
Cause there is only "one".

Isaiah 43 KJV
(11) I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.

They are of one mind because the Word is the Word of the Father. My heavenly Father is the ultimate Savior and He sent His Word into the world that I might be saved through that holy Testimony which He gave to the Anointed One from on High, (John 3:27-36). The Father is not His Word, but His Word proceeds from Him, and yet His Word, His Son, is always in His bosom at the right hand side: Who is able to build Him a house, seeing that the heavens and the heaven of the heavens cannot contain Him?