Jesus is God

Jesus is God

• Total voters

Caino

BANNED
Banned
When I read this, I thought of these scriptures. :)
Luke 2:40 But The Boy was growing and being strengthened in spirit and he was filled with wisdom and the grace of God was upon him.
41And every year his people were going to Jerusalem at the feast of Passover. 42And when he was twelve years old, they went out to the feast* just as they had been accustomed; 43And when the days were past, they were returning, but The Boy Yeshua had remained in Jerusalem and Yoseph and his mother* did not know it. 44For they were thinking that he was with the children of their friends, and when they had come a journey of one day, they looked for him among their people and among whoever knew them, 45And they did not find him, and they returned again to Jerusalem and they were looking for him. 46After three days, they found him in The Temple as he sat in the midst of the Teachers and he heard from them and he was inquiring of them. 47 And all who were listening to him were astounded at his wisdom and at his discourses. 48And when they saw him, they marveled, and his mother said to him, "My son, why have you done this to us? Look, your father and I were looking for you with great anxiety." 49He said to them, "Why were you looking for me? Do you not know that it was fitting for me to be in my Father's house?" 50But they did not understand the statement that he spoke to them. 51And he went down with them and he came to Nazareth, and he was submitted to them; but his mother was keeping all these words in her heart.
52But Yeshua was growing in his stature and in his wisdom and in favor with God and the children of men.

Truthjourney, thanks, he was indeed a miraculous person. Legions of angels kept watch of the creator Son up until he was fully conscious and could then command them. :e4e:

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I AM what I AM! :chuckle:

In fact I went all truth on you! You see... when you have the truth, you don't need ego! You see my total confidence as you want to see it!

I can see how you see my post as being arrogant... how else can truth appear to one who lacks the truth? :readthis:

My confidence in saying that 2+2 = 4 may also sound to some here as being arrogant... Yet... the truth remains the bold truth no matter how much or how many disagree! :think:

:poly::sherlock:
Paul

:rotfl: My gosh, it's right there in your own signature???? "From the arrogance that thinks it knows all truth, Oh God of truth, deliver us."

Hypocrites don't even pretend anymore.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Jesus was declared God and man by the conference of Nicea where the bishops of the area were forced into figuring all out so that the diverse views of Jesus could be harmonized and stamped "TRUE" by the Emperor Constantine.

That's history. That's what happened. That's our legacy.

The nonviolent program of healing and eating with strangers became a subset and finally the essence of the violent and unjust Empire of Rome.

Thomas had already made that declaration, in Nicaea the Church politicians finally concurred.

Last edited:

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I AM what I AM! :chuckle:

In fact I went all truth on you! You see... when you have the truth, you don't need ego! You see my total confidence as you want to see it!

I can see how you see my post as being arrogant... how else can truth appear to one who lacks the truth? :readthis:

My confidence in saying that 2+2 = 4 may also sound to some here as being arrogant... Yet... the truth remains the bold truth no matter how much or how many disagree! :think:

:poly::sherlock:
Paul

I said
I have found on this board, because of their ignorance. They cant discern the difference between arrogant and boldness. One can be bold in their Christianity. And the carnally minded will perceive it as arrogant. I have yet to find a way to explain it so they can understand it. So they bear false witness.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I said
I have found on this board, because of their ignorance. They cant discern the difference between arrogant and boldness. One can be bold in their Christianity. And the carnally minded will perceive it as arrogant. I have yet to find a way to explain it so they can understand it. So they bear false witness.

It's a real dilemma isn't it? Ya-just sort of know your better than everybody else but you just can't explain it while claiming humility. :doh:

jzeidler

Here's my thoughts. Is squeaky correct? Of course not. Basically everything he says is wrong. He is probably the biggest heretic I've ever seen. But what is arguing with him going to do? Will it not make you upset and frustrated while he stays a heretic? People very rarely come to the truth when they know everyone despises them and argue with them because of it. I think the best thing we can do for squeaky is to ignore him and all he posts while we pray that the Holy Spirit leads him to the truth of Jesus as God and a knowledge of God's grace. While we ignore squeaky I think we could turn this forum into something great. A place where we come not to aggressively argue with semi-likeminded people. But a place where we can come and just have respectful conversation where it's ok to disagree with each other and where it's fine that not everyone agrees with you. We could mold this place into a place where people don't have to be afraid of being attacked if they share an idea, but a place where everyone feels free to discuss topics. While we ignore squeaky lets cultivate this place into a Christlike discussion area.

keypurr

Here's my thoughts. Is squeaky correct? Of course not. Basically everything he says is wrong. He is probably the biggest heretic I've ever seen. But what is arguing with him going to do? Will it not make you upset and frustrated while he stays a heretic? People very rarely come to the truth when they know everyone despises them and argue with them because of it. I think the best thing we can do for squeaky is to ignore him and all he posts while we pray that the Holy Spirit leads him to the truth of Jesus as God and a knowledge of God's grace. While we ignore squeaky I think we could turn this forum into something great. A place where we come not to aggressively argue with semi-likeminded people. But a place where we can come and just have respectful conversation where it's ok to disagree with each other and where it's fine that not everyone agrees with you. We could mold this place into a place where people don't have to be afraid of being attacked if they share an idea, but a place where everyone feels free to discuss topics. While we ignore squeaky lets cultivate this place into a Christlike discussion area.

I disagree friend. The Sqeakster is 95% correct in his theology. He quotes scripture and explained his thoughts. His heart is with his God and his Lord.

Jesus Christ is not God, he is Lord. Learn the difference. There is only one true God, the Father of our Lord Jesus the Christ.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I disagree friend. The Sqeakster is 95% correct in his theology. He quotes scripture and explained his thoughts. His heart is with his God and his Lord.

Jesus Christ is not God, he is Lord. Learn the difference. There is only one true God, the Father of our Lord Jesus the Christ.

He misses the whole point as do you. Jesus is God. End of story.

John 1:1 Modern English Version (MEV)

The Word Became Flesh
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14 Modern English Version (MEV)

14 The Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, the glory as the only Son of the Father, full of grace and truth.

1 John 1:1-2 Modern English Version (MEV)

The Word of Life
1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have touched, concerning the Word of life— 2 the life was revealed, and we have seen it and testify to it, and announce to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and was revealed to us—

Colossians 1:15-19 Modern English Version (MEV)

15 He is the image of the invisible God and the firstborn of every creature. 16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they are thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers. All things were created by Him and for Him. 17 He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together. 18 He is the head of the body, the church. He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that in all things He may have the preeminence. 19 For it pleased the Father that in Him all fullness should dwell,

Who made the heavens and the earth?

Genesis 1:1-2 Modern English Version (MEV)

The Creation
1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 The earth was formless and void, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the water.

But of course, like Squeaky, friend, you will deny the truth that is right in front of you in black and white.

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
Colossians 1:15-19

I have noticed in this passage lots of deceptive translation, especially in the use of the English word by.

ὅτι ἐν αὐτῷ ἐκτίσθη
Which in the BLB says is rendered like such,

for g3754 ὅτι hoti

by g1722 ἐν en It was at him everything was created (really made livable). And what is everything? τὰ πάντα

him g846 αὐτός autos

"18 He is the head of the body, the church. He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead," He is not first born of any other creation, because we learn his pre-eminent in only τὰ πάντα i.e. each thing/things and it was only because he was out of the dead.

StanJ

Colossians 1:15-19
I have noticed in this passage lots of deceptive translation, especially in the use of the English word by.
ὅτι ἐν αὐτῷ ἐκτίσθη
Which in the BLB says is rendered like such,
for g3754 ὅτι hoti
by g1722 ἐν en It was at him everything was created (really made livable). And what is everything? τὰ πάντα
him g846 αὐτός autos
"18 He is the head of the body, the church. He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead," He is not first born of any other creation, because we learn his pre-eminent in only τὰ πάντα i.e. each thing/things and it was only because he was out of the dead.

Sorry Omni but your response is about as clear as mud.

Most modern English translations are clear in this regard. Jesus is the first born OVER all creation. It is a headship title, not a literal statement as to who was born first.

Is this what you are trying to convey?

OCTOBER23

KEYPURRRRRRRR meowed,

-----------------------------------------------------------
WRONG AGAIN - JESUS IS NOW GOD.
JESUS SAID - Father GLORIFY ME with the Same Glory that I had before the World Existed.
Therefore, JESUS IS NOW A GOD
==========================
Also, HERE O ISRAEL , The LORD , OUR GOD, = JESUS was the LORD GOD of the Old Testament
and ONLY REVEALED THE FATHER IN THE NEW TESTAMENT TIMES.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
ranch or thousand island?

ranch or thousand island?

KEYPURRRRRRRR meowed,

JESUS SAID - Father GLORIFY ME with the Same Glory that I had before the World Existed.
Also, HERE O ISRAEL , The LORD , OUR GOD, = JESUS was the LORD GOD of the Old Testament

Whether you accept Jesus as 'God' or a 'God',....they are all still a tight-knit company, and are all 'one' in purpose, heart, spirit and will. So,...slice and dice as you wish,...its still all one salad. - dressings and condiments vary ;)

pj

keypurr

He misses the whole point as do you. Jesus is God. End of story.

John 1:1 Modern English Version (MEV)

The Word Became Flesh
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14 Modern English Version (MEV)

14 The Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, the glory as the only Son of the Father, full of grace and truth.

1 John 1:1-2 Modern English Version (MEV)

The Word of Life
1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have touched, concerning the Word of life— 2 the life was revealed, and we have seen it and testify to it, and announce to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and was revealed to us—

Colossians 1:15-19 Modern English Version (MEV)

15 He is the image of the invisible God and the firstborn of every creature. 16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they are thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers. All things were created by Him and for Him. 17 He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together. 18 He is the head of the body, the church. He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that in all things He may have the preeminence. 19 For it pleased the Father that in Him all fullness should dwell,

Who made the heavens and the earth?

Genesis 1:1-2 Modern English Version (MEV)

The Creation
1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 The earth was formless and void, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the water.

But of course, like Squeaky, friend, you will deny the truth that is right in front of you in black and white.

You do not seem to understand the verses you post.

Example Col 1:15. The son is firstborn of all CREATURES.
A creature is not God BR. To prove your point you disproved it.

It is not Squeaky that is denying scripture, it is the folks who do not have the power to read the scripture and understand they they have been hoodwinked by traditional doctrines.

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
Sorry Omni but your response is about as clear as mud.

Most modern English translations are clear in this regard. Jesus is the first born OVER all creation. It is a headship title, not a literal statement as to who was born first.

Is this what you are trying to convey?
He is firstborn but nothing was created by him. The Greek preposition εν means in, with or at, not because of, and by is a mistranslation in verse 16. All things were settled or found (κτιζω 1st person Greek passive in Lexicons) at him by God. The same holds true for the Hebrew, where it says "In the beginning, God made an elevation, and an earth." The verbs imply terraforming.

"For at him were terraformed/established each thing..."

keypurr

KEYPURRRRRRRR meowed,

Wow, how wrong can you get.

keypurr

He is firstborn but nothing was created by him. The Greek preposition εν means in, with or at, not because of, and by is a mistranslation in verse 16. All things were settled or found (κτιζω 1st person Greek passive in Lexicons) at him by God. The same holds true for the Hebrew, where it says "In the beginning, God made an elevation, and an earth." The verbs imply terraforming.

"For at him were terraformed/established each thing..."

Everything was created through Christ, the spirit son of the most high. Greek can be easily misunderstood. And has been translated badly in places.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Everything was created through Christ, the spirit son of the most high. Greek can be easily misunderstood. And has been translated badly in places.

You say that because, you want your "false theories" to be aligned
with the Bible. Which they aren't of course. You're starting to sound
like Freelight and Caino. You just don't want to believe the Scriptures
and would rather make up your OWN Scriptures, as YOU see them.