Jesus is God

Jesus is God

• Total voters

CHR_Iam_IST

It has just been shown in my previous post that it is the High Priest who is vested with the power from on High to send away sins, (Leviticus 16)

The only thing that your "previous post" shows, as does all of your posts, is that you're rope jumping empty wagon who makes a lot of written useless noise, taking Scriptures totally out proper context, and proclaiming for all to see, total and abject ignorance of THE Written WORD of GOD!

Case in point, JESUS forgave sin (which ONLY GOD can do), "And when HE saw their faith, HE said unto him, Man, your sins are forgiven you. (Luke 5:20 KJ2000)"; "Therefore I say unto you, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loves little. And he said unto her, Your sins are forgiven. (Luke 7:48 KJ2000)", whereas "the High Priest" that you reference could never, never, never, forgive sin, but could only, symbolically, place them on the heads of goats, sending them out into the wilderness, and then hope and pray that that one or both of them didn't return to the camp/congregation.
Ergo, there's a huge difference between what JESUS did (Forgive sin, once and for all time), as opposed to what "the High Priest" could or couldn't do.

JESUS' Divinity and Humanity is very simple to understand:
HE IS GOD because ONLY GOD can Satisfy GOD;
HE IS MAN because Mankind was messed up, and in need of a Kinsman/Redeemer, WHO was also human, to reconcile mankind, once and for all, back to GOD.

Further proof of JESUS' Divinity is seen in the fact that HE had no human biological Father.

daqq

It has just been shown in my previous post that it is the High Priest who is vested with the power from on High to send away sins, (Leviticus 16) and that is upon the head of the twin goat which is sent into the desert places to/for `Aza'zel. However, as the Teacher teaches: When the unclean spirit of the world and prince of the power of the air is gone out of a man, he walks through dry-arid places, (the desert) seeking rest. And finding none, he says, I will return unto my house from where I came out. And when he comes, he finds it swept and garnished, (with idols). Then goes he, and associates to himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself; and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first! Therefore we are admonished to test the spirits, to see whether or not they be of Elohim, which you apparently saw no need to do before you found that twin goat wandering out in the desert along your merry way. Lucky lefty you! :chuckle:
The only thing that your "previous post" shows, as does all of your posts, is that you're rope jumping empty wagon who makes a lot of written useless noise, taking Scriptures totally out proper context, and proclaiming for all to see, total and abject ignorance of THE Written WORD of GOD!

Case in point, JESUS forgave sin (which ONLY GOD can do), "And when HE saw their faith, HE said unto him, Man, your sins are forgiven you. (Luke 5:20 KJ2000)"; "Therefore I say unto you, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loves little. And he said unto her, Your sins are forgiven. (Luke 7:48 KJ2000)", whereas "the High Priest" that you reference could never, never, never, forgive sin, but could only, symbolically, place them on the heads of goats, sending them out into the wilderness, and then hope and pray that that one or both of them didn't return to the camp/congregation.
Ergo, there's a huge difference between what JESUS did (Forgive sin, once and for all time), as opposed to what "the High Priest" could or couldn't do.

JESUS' Divinity and Humanity is very simple to understand:
HE IS GOD because ONLY GOD can Satisfy GOD;
HE IS MAN because Mankind was messed up, and in need of a Kinsman/Redeemer, WHO was also human, to reconcile mankind, once and for all, back to GOD.

Further proof of JESUS' Divinity is seen in the fact that HE had no human biological Father.

You completely ignore the passage I quoted showing that you also claim to have God dwelling in you but do not have His Word in you. Everything Yeshua does and says MUST comply with Torah, and does, which means that your version of Messiah is disqualified from serving in the office of both High Priest, (the Mediator between God and man) and Messiah. Likewise you apparently do not understand the original meaning of the word used throughout for "forgiven" actually means "to send away" in various contexts. When the Son of man "forgives sins" what is literally being said is that he is "sending away sins", (upon the head of your own "twin goat" which always returns because your sins will always find you out).

Luke 11:20-26
20. But if I with
the Finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you!
21. When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace:
22. But when a stronger than he shall come upon him, and overcome him, he taketh from him all his armour wherein he trusted, and divideth his spoils.
23. He that is not with me is against me: and he that gathereth not with me scattereth.
24. When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest; and finding none, he saith, I will return unto my house whence I came out.
25. And when he cometh, he findeth it swept and garnished.
26. Then goeth he, and taketh to him
seven other spirits more wicked than himself; and they enter in, and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first.

And what exactly is meant by "the Finger of God"?
This is the Finger of God which is ordained of God upon the earth:

Leviticus 16:14-15
14. And he shall take of the blood of the bullock, and sprinkle it with his finger upon the mercy seat eastward; and before the mercy seat shall he sprinkle of the blood with his finger seven times.
15. Then shall he kill the goat of the sin offering, that is for the people, and bring his blood within the vail, and do with that blood as he did with the blood of the bullock, and sprinkle it upon the mercy seat, and before the mercy seat:

Matthew 9:2-6
2. And, behold, they brought to him a paralytic, lying on a stretcher-bed: and Yeshua seeing their faith said unto the paralytic; Have courage, teknon, your sins are aphiemi-sent away.
3. And, behold, certain of the scribes said within themselves, That is blasphemy! [because they knew that by the Torah only the Kohen Gadol is vested with such power upon the earth and, at that time, it was only once in a year: at the great day of Yom Kippurim-Atonements]
4. And Yeshua knowing their thoughts said, Wherefore think you evil in your hearts?
5. For whether is easier to say, Your sins are aphiemi-sent away? or to say, Arise, and walk?
6. But that you may know that the Son of man has power upon the earth to aphiemi-send away sins, (then he says unto the paralytic) Arise, take up your bed, and go unto your house.

Original Strong's Ref. #863
Romanized aphiemi
Pronounced af-ee'-ay-mee
from GSN0575 and hiemi (to send; an intensive form of eimi, to go); to send forth, in various applications:

Your version of Messiah is disqualified because you know not the Word.
You are eating twin goat you found along your way through the desert. :crackup:

:sheep:

StanJ

The finger of God was Jesus' power in His commands.

The Greek δάκτυλος (daktylos) is from the Hebrew word 'etsba, meaning finger. It signifies power.

It doesn't take an onerous posts to convey a simple fact.

Moses had the finger of God in Ex 8:19, which was the power God conferred on Him through the staff that Aaron carried.

CHR_Iam_IST

Everything Yeshua does and says MUST comply with Torah, and does, which means that your version of Messiah is disqualified from serving in the office of both High Priest, (the Mediator between God and man) and Messiah. Likewise you apparently do not understand the original meaning of the word used throughout for "forgiven" actually means "to send away" in various contexts. When the Son of man "forgives sins" what is literally being said is that he is "sending away sins", (upon the head of your own "twin goat" which always returns because your sins will always find you out).

Yet again daqq, "You do err, not knowing The Scriptures, nor THE POWER of GOD. (Matthew 22:29 KJ2000)"; "For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins. (Hebrews 10:4 KJ2000)"

Nowhere in all of Scripture can anyone find your demonic doctrine of "sending away sins", let alone having the same meaning as "forgiven". Sins, even those that have been "forgiven", have to be paid for, and that payment, whether one sin or one billion sins, was/is death . . . which is why your "sending away sins" speculation is dead on arrival. It is nowhere near being Scriptural as a meaning of "forgiven"
Whereas the High Priest couldn't "forgive" sin, but only do a temporary fix (which lasted no more than a year), JESUS CHRIST became "THE LAMB of GOD WHO takes away the sin of the world. (John 1:29)" . . . once and for all.

So then daqq, someone, with less knowledge of Scripture than you have, might fall for, and believe, your malarkey, especially the way you attempt to dress it up with totally unrelated Scripture; but daqq, that dog just ain't gonna hunt here!

A piece of advice, as an aside, you really should try having a better understanding of the English language before you go off, half cocked, attempting to knowledgeably deal with the Hebrew and Greek text of Scripture.

The best interpreter of Scripture is Scripture (". . . the scripture cannot be broken; - John 10:35 KJV"), and THE BEST TEACHER of Scripture is THE HOLY SPIRIT ("But THE COMFORTER, WHO IS THE HOLY SPIRIT, WHOM THE FATHER will send in MY NAME, HE shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. - John 14:26 KJ2000").

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You completely ignore the passage I quoted showing that you also claim to have God dwelling in you but do not have His Word in you. Everything Yeshua does and says MUST comply with Torah, and does, which means that your version of Messiah is disqualified from serving in the office of both High Priest, (the Mediator between God and man) and Messiah. Likewise you apparently do not understand the original meaning of the word used throughout for "forgiven" actually means "to send away" in various contexts. When the Son of man "forgives sins" what is literally being said is that he is "sending away sins", (upon the head of your own "twin goat" which always returns because your sins will always find you out).

Luke 11:20-26
20. But if I with
the Finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you!
21. When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace:
22. But when a stronger than he shall come upon him, and overcome him, he taketh from him all his armour wherein he trusted, and divideth his spoils.
23. He that is not with me is against me: and he that gathereth not with me scattereth.
24. When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest; and finding none, he saith, I will return unto my house whence I came out.
25. And when he cometh, he findeth it swept and garnished.
26. Then goeth he, and taketh to him
seven other spirits more wicked than himself; and they enter in, and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first.

This is the Finger of God which is ordained of God upon the earth:

Leviticus 16:14-15
14. And he shall take of the blood of the bullock, and sprinkle it with his finger upon the mercy seat eastward; and before the mercy seat shall he sprinkle of the blood with his finger seven times.
15. Then shall he kill the goat of the sin offering, that is for the people, and bring his blood within the vail, and do with that blood as he did with the blood of the bullock, and sprinkle it upon the mercy seat, and before the mercy seat:

Matthew 9:2-6
2. And, behold, they brought to him a paralytic, lying on a stretcher-bed: and Yeshua seeing their faith said unto the paralytic; Have courage, teknon, your sins are aphiemi-sent away.
3. And, behold, certain of the scribes said within themselves, That is blasphemy! [because they knew that by the Torah only the Kohen Gadol is vested with such power upon the earth and, at that time, it was only once in a year: at the great day of Yom Kippurim-Atonements]
4. And Yeshua knowing their thoughts said, Wherefore think you evil in your hearts?
5. For whether is easier to say, Your sins are aphiemi-sent away? or to say, Arise, and walk?
6. But that you may know that the Son of man has power upon the earth to aphiemi-send away sins, (then he says unto the paralytic) Arise, take up your bed, and go unto your house.

Original Strong's Ref. #863
Romanized aphiemi
Pronounced af-ee'-ay-mee
from GSN0575 and hiemi (to send; an intensive form of eimi, to go); to send forth, in various applications:

Your version of Messiah is disqualified because you know not the Word.
You are eating twin goat you found along your way through the desert. :crackup:

You're a "Cultist" isn't that true? Posters who refuse to admit where they're coming from, are untrustworthy. How did you become a child of God? Surely a "True Believer" would want to share their "Testimony?" You'll either ignore my question, give a nondescript answer, or leave some angry/argumentative reply? That's how you, "Others" roll.

daqq

You're a "Cultist" isn't that true? Posters who refuse to admit where they're coming from, are untrustworthy. How did you become a child of God? Surely a "True Believer" would want to share their "Testimony?" You'll either ignore my question, give a nondescript answer, or leave some angry/argumentative reply? That's how you, "Others" roll.

My testimony has already been posted in this forum.
Search my posts, search the links provided in them, and happy hunting. :)

The best interpreter of Scripture is Scripture (". . . the scripture cannot be broken; - John 10:35 KJV"), and THE BEST TEACHER of Scripture is THE HOLY SPIRIT ("But THE COMFORTER, WHO IS THE HOLY SPIRIT, WHOM THE FATHER will send in MY NAME, HE shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. - John 14:26 KJ2000").

John 13:13 (http://biblehub.com/text/john/13-13.htm)
13 ὑμεῖς φωνεῖτέ με Ὁ διδάσκαλος καί Ὁ κύριος, καὶ καλῶς λέγετε, εἰμὶ γάρ.
13 Humeis foneite me "Ho Didaskalos" kai "Ho Kurios," kai kalos legete, eimi gar.
13. You call me "the Teacher" and "the Master", and you say well, for I am [he].

Thayer's Greek Lexicon
STRONGS NT 1320: διδάσκαλος
διδάσκαλος, διδασκαλου, ὁ (διδάσκω), a teacher; in the N. T. one who teaches concerning the things of God, and the duties of man: 1. of one who is fitted to teach, or thinks himself so: Hebrews 5:12; Romans 2:20.
2. of the teachers of the Jewish religion: Luke 2:46; John 3:10; hence, the Hebrew רַב is rendered in Greek διδάσκαλος: John 1:38 (); ; cf. below, under ῤαββί, and Pressel in Herzog xii., p. 471f; (Campbell, Dissert. on the Gospels, diss. vii. part 2).
3. of those who by their great power as teachers drew crowds about them;
a. of John the Baptist: Luke 3:12.
b. of Jesus: John 1:38 (); ; often in the first three Gospels.
4. by preeminence used of Jesus by himself, as the one who showed men the way of salvation: Matthew 23:8 L T Tr WH.
5. of the apostles: ὁ διδάσκαλος τῶν ἐθνῶν, of Paul, 1 Timothy 2:7; 2 Timothy 1:11.
6. of those who in the religious assemblies of Christians undertake the work of teaching, with the special assistance of the Holy Spirit: 1 Corinthians 12:28; Ephesians 4:11; Acts 13:1, cf. James 3:1.
7. of false teachers among Christians: 2 Timothy 4:3. (Homer (h. Merc. 556), Aeschylus, others)
http://biblehub.com/greek/1320.htm

Nowhere in all of Scripture can anyone find your demonic doctrine of "sending away sins"

The following passage from Mark is parallel with Luke 11:20-26, which I quoted in my previous post above, and to which you are now responding when you say that my doctrine is demonic:

Mark 3:22-30 ASV
22. And the scribes that came down from Jerusalem said, He hath Beelzebub, and, By the prince of the demons casteth he out the demons.
23. And he called them unto him, and said unto them in parables, How can Satan cast out Satan?
24. And if a kingdom be divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand.
25. And if a house be divided against itself, that house will not be able to stand.
26. And if Satan hath rise up against himself, and is divided, he cannot stand, but hath an end.
27. But no one can enter into the house of the strong man, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man; and then he will spoil his house.
28. Verily I say unto you, All their sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and their blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:
29. but whosoever shall blaspheme against the Holy Spirit hath never forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin:
30. because they said, He hath an unclean spirit.

And you just made the same mistake as your fathers while slitting your own throat.
My doctrine is not my own but of the Master of my house. :)

Matthew 10:25
25. It is enough for the disciple that he be as his didaskalos-teacher, and the servant as his kurios-master. If they have called
the Master of the house Beelzebub, how much more them of his household!

Left hand euonumon twin goats are so predictable: Once upon a Kippurim :crackup:

Pierac

You showed me where, what post #? It's hard to tell with all the colour you use to shout at people.

Here...

Yes, it was written by men like you... As 1John 5:7 This passage is absent from the manuscripts of all ancient versions (Coptic, Armenian, Ethiopic, Arabic, Slavonic)
This passage is quoted by none of the Greek Fathers, who had they had known it, would most certainly have employed it in the Trinity controversies (Sabellian and Arius).

It's first appearance in a Greek version of the (Latin) Acts of the Lateran Council in 1215. Info taken from A Textual Commentary on the Greek New testament by Trinitarian... Bruce Metzger

So you want to use a verse that is well known to be added by men like you whom could not find the Trinity is Scripture... Let it be known... in the 12th century men made up this verse... and you falsely quote it as truth! Shame on you! I will testify against you at the throne to Jesus Himself for your false lies you lead the weak minded to!!! :readthis:

It is evil to deceive...
:poly::sherlock:
Paul

Pierac

You mean post #3858...the one directed at CHR_Iam_IST ?

Moron. I tend to let other fight their own battles, but yeh who's blind?

So for the 12th time moron... when are you going to explain how Jesus has a God? :think:

My one question has gone unanswered by every... and I mean every Satan believing doctrine member of the trinity here... including you.

Your a fool who can't even begin to explain much less understand why he believes what he believes! Because you can't answer my question... you should then ask yourself why!

You should stop posting... until you can explain how Jesus has a God! A GOD... Not Just a Father! :rolleyes:

Your spiritual kung fu is weak... :baby:

Paul

StanJ

So for the 12th time moron... when are you going to explain how Jesus has a God?
My one question has gone unanswered by every... and I mean every Satan believing doctrine member of the trinity here... including you.
Your a fool who can't even begin to explain much less understand why he believes what he believes! Because you can't answer my question... you should then ask yourself why!
You should stop posting... until you can explain how Jesus has a God! A GOD... Not Just a Father!
Paul

WHO are you asking? I have already answered this a couple of times and won't again.

Obviously Jesus had a God, who was His biological father and His hypostatic nature, which means He IS the EXACT REPESENTATION of God.
Obviously your one dimensional god can't do these things, but of God and Savior CAN.

keypurr

Yet again daqq, "You do err, not knowing The Scriptures, nor THE POWER of GOD. (Matthew 22:29 KJ2000)"; "For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins. (Hebrews 10:4 KJ2000)"

Nowhere in all of Scripture can anyone find your demonic doctrine of "sending away sins", let alone having the same meaning as "forgiven". Sins, even those that have been "forgiven", have to be paid for, and that payment, whether one sin or one billion sins, was/is death . . . which is why your "sending away sins" speculation is dead on arrival. It is nowhere near being Scriptural as a meaning of "forgiven"
Whereas the High Priest couldn't "forgive" sin, but only do a temporary fix (which lasted no more than a year), JESUS CHRIST became "THE LAMB of GOD WHO takes away the sin of the world. (John 1:29)" . . . once and for all.

So then daqq, someone, with less knowledge of Scripture than you have, might fall for, and believe, your malarkey, especially the way you attempt to dress it up with totally unrelated Scripture; but daqq, that dog just ain't gonna hunt here!

A piece of advice, as an aside, you really should try having a better understanding of the English language before you go off, half cocked, attempting to knowledgeably deal with the Hebrew and Greek text of Scripture.

You do not understand the OT, do you?

'

keypurr

WHO are you asking? I have already answered this a couple of times and won't again.

Obviously Jesus had a God, who was His biological father and His hypostatic nature, which means He IS the EXACT REPESENTATION of God.
Obviously your one dimensional god can't do these things, but of God and Savior CAN.

Paul, isn't this the funniest thing you have heard in a long time?

This is better than Comedy Central.

Pierac

This was NOT directed at me, but I already addressed this as NOT being accurate in the KJV, and it is NOT in other modern English translations. You probably ignored my comment, given your dismissive nature. This has been well know for years and is one reason I don't use the KJV.

https://bible.org/article/textual-problem-1-john-57-8

Thanks for the link... it proves my point… Your link reads... The Trinitarian formula (known as the Comma Johanneum) made its way into the third edition of Erasmus’ Greek NT (1522) because of pressure from the Catholic Church. After his first edition appeared (1516), there arose such a furor over the absence of the Comma that Erasmus needed to defend himself. He argued that he did not put in the Comma because he found no Greek manuscripts that included it. Once one was produced (codex 61, written by one Roy or Froy at Oxford in c. 1520),3 Erasmus apparently felt obliged to include the reading

I'll let the Trinitarian Bible commentator Philip Comfort explain... a manuscript (the Monfort Manuscript, 61. of the sixteenth century) was especially fabricated to contain the passage and there by force Erasmus to keep his promise to include the passage if one was found in a Geek manuscript. :readthis:

Your source does not read a manuscript was found BUT a manuscript was produced... see the subtle way Satan presents a lie. Thankfully we still have honest Trinitarian scholar who still promote the truth.

It took the Catholic Church 3 editions to pressure the Trinitarian Erasmus to add the Comma Johanneum to scripture! History and the occasional honest Trinitarian exposes the lies and sources of Satan!

Study harder,
Paul

Lon

Thanks for the link... it proves my point… Your link reads... The Trinitarian formula (known as the Comma Johanneum) made its way into the third edition of Erasmus’ Greek NT (1522) because of pressure from the Catholic Church. After his first edition appeared (1516), there arose such a furor over the absence of the Comma that Erasmus needed to defend himself. He argued that he did not put in the Comma because he found no Greek manuscripts that included it. Once one was produced (codex 61, written by one Roy or Froy at Oxford in c. 1520),3 Erasmus apparently felt obliged to include the reading

I'll let the Trinitarian Bible commentator Philip Comfort explain... a manuscript (the Monfort Manuscript, 61. of the sixteenth century) was especially fabricated to contain the passage and there by force Erasmus to keep his promise to include the passage if one was found in a Geek manuscript. :readthis:

Your source does not read a manuscript was found BUT a manuscript was produced... see the subtle way Satan presents a lie. Thankfully we still have honest Trinitarian scholar who still promote the truth.

It took the Catholic Church 3 editions to pressure the Trinitarian Erasmus to add the Comma Johanneum to scripture! History and the occasional honest Trinitarian exposes the lies and sources of Satan!

Study harder,
Paul

All historical conjecture and nothing proved. Arians and Unitarians do history this way much more happily than I because it is part and parcel to the way they accept extra-biblical ideas from scripture as well.

I can only accept this quoted material as speculative at best therefore ultimately of little value. I'd encourage anyone reading on TOL to take the same hard stance against heresay and speculative theory, including, and especially Unitarians.

As far as "...has a God --> "...was with God (has one) and was God (is one)." No I don't want to argue about it with you. Yeah, I know it'll go ignored and there'll be dishonest things like it wasn't addressed once again. I have a thread about dishonesty and other perversities because it seems inescapable.

Pierac

Obviously Jesus HAS a GOD.... Let's let our FULLY risen King explain this to you... (Note Jesus is not talking in past tense) You need to read scripture better...

The fully resurrected risen Jesus the Messiah/Christ said...

Rev 3:2 'Wake up, and strengthen the things that remain, which were about to die; for I have not found your deeds completed in the sight of My God.
Rev 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

My God... Jesus has a GOD!!!

The risen Jesus is a man that has a God! Even Paul knows this fact!!! The risen man Jesus is our mediator

1Ti 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,

On the authority of Jesus himself we know that the categories of "flesh" and "spirit" are never to be confused or intermingled, though the course of God's Spirit can impact our world. Jesus said, "That which is born of flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is Spirit" (John 3:6). And "God is Spirit." The doctrine of the incarnation confuses these categories. What God has separated man has joined together! One of the charges that the apostle Paul levels at simple man is that we have "exchange the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man" (Romans 1:23). Has it ever dawned on you as you sit in church listening to how the glorious Creator made Himself into a man that you could be guilty of this very same thing? The doctrine of the incarnation has reduced the incorruptible God to our own corruptible image. We are made in God's image, not the other way around. It would be more appropriate to put this contrast in starker terms. The defining characteristic of the Creator God is his absolute holiness. God is utterly different from and so utterly transcendent over His creation that any confusion is forbidden!

So... answer the question... How can the risen Jesus be God and then claim to have one!!! :rolleyes:

Bonus question... do you know why Jesus is called the "Son of God" I can show you in scripture... and it has nothing to do with the Greek philosophy of hypostatic nature!

Paul

keypurr

Obviously Jesus HAS a GOD.... Let's let our FULLY risen King explain this to you... (Note Jesus is not talking in past tense) You need to read scripture better...

The fully resurrected risen Jesus the Messiah/Christ said...

Rev 3:2 'Wake up, and strengthen the things that remain, which were about to die; for I have not found your deeds completed in the sight of My God.
Rev 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

My God... Jesus has a GOD!!!

The risen Jesus is a man that has a God! Even Paul knows this fact!!! The risen man Jesus is our mediator

1Ti 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,

On the authority of Jesus himself we know that the categories of "flesh" and "spirit" are never to be confused or intermingled, though the course of God's Spirit can impact our world. Jesus said, "That which is born of flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is Spirit" (John 3:6). And "God is Spirit." The doctrine of the incarnation confuses these categories. What God has separated man has joined together! One of the charges that the apostle Paul levels at simple man is that we have "exchange the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man" (Romans 1:23). Has it ever dawned on you as you sit in church listening to how the glorious Creator made Himself into a man that you could be guilty of this very same thing? The doctrine of the incarnation has reduced the incorruptible God to our own corruptible image. We are made in God's image, not the other way around. It would be more appropriate to put this contrast in starker terms. The defining characteristic of the Creator God is his absolute holiness. God is utterly different from and so utterly transcendent over His creation that any confusion is forbidden!

So... answer the question... How can the risen Jesus be God and then claim to have one!!! :rolleyes:

Bonus question... do you know why Jesus is called the "Son of God" I can show you in scripture... and it has nothing to do with the Greek philosophy of hypostatic nature!

Paul

Great post Paul. They do not understand that God did not become flesh, his spirit son did.

Pierac

All historical conjecture and nothing proved. Arians and Unitarians do history this way much more happily than I because it is part and parcel to the way they accept extra-biblical ideas from scripture as well.
I can only accept this quoted material as speculative at best therefore ultimately of little value. I'd encourage anyone reading on TOL to take the same hard stance against heresay and speculative theory, including, and especially Unitarians.

As far as "...has a God --> "...was with God (has one) and was God (is one)." No I don't want to argue about it with you. Yeah, I know it'll go ignored and there'll be dishonest things like it wasn't addressed once again. I have a thread about dishonesty and other perversities because it seems inescapable.

First of all... I don't deal in historical conjecture... It's a historical fact that this passage 1John 5:7-8 is absent from the manuscripts of all ancient versions (Coptic, Armenian, Ethiopic, Arabic, Slavonic)

Second I never referenced any Arians and/or Unitarians! I used Trinitarian Bible Scholars to support my statements! :readthis:

Now about this dishonesty and other perversities you speak of? :think:

Paul