Jesus is God

Jesus is God

• Total voters

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
God Himself came to earth in the form of a new born
baby, walked the earth, died on the cross for our sins,
was buried, and subsequently was raised from the dead!

We may not totally understand but, we're asked to place
our faith in Him!
You don't who the statement is, and your statement. You say God is weak, human and arrogant. I say he made a statement his son.

God's son had to be truly human, so that we cannot God's providence is fake, and that his statements are lies.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You don't who the statement is, and your statement. You say God is weak, human and arrogant. I say he made a statement his son.

God's son had to be truly human, so that we cannot God's providence is fake, and that his statements are lies.

Is Jesus weak now?

musterion

As soon then as He had said unto them, "I AM"

...they all staggered backward and fell flat on the ground. For no reason, really. They just did. All of them. The whole mob. Coincidence.

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned

...they all staggered backward and fell flat on the ground. For no reason, really. They just did. All of them. The whole mob. Coincidence.
And evidently you don't know it was because he claimed to be a messiah -- the son of God. You have to interpret it with idolatry to be that stupid.

musterion

And evidently you don't know it was because he claimed to be a messiah -- the son of God.

No.

Pay attention.

This is John 18:6 I'm talking about.

They already knew He claimed to be the Son, as far back as John 5:18 and John 10:33.

So that wasn't news to them...so why did they fall down THIS night? What happened that was different?

Hint: it's what He said this night, which I posted it in red above.

You have to interpret it with idolatry to be that stupid.
One of us is, that's true.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
My God is master of your god then. He invented both hell and "heaven". He also created the world in 7 days. Yours didn't.

Mine created all things;

Colossians 1:15-19 King James Version (KJV)

15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
No.

Pay attention.

This is John 18:6 I'm talking about.

They already knew He claimed to be the Son, as far back as John 5:18 and John 10:33.

So this wasn't news to them...so why did they fall down THIS night? What happened that was different?

Hint: it's what He said this night, which I posted it in red above.

One of us is, that's true.
Yeah, he admitted to being Yeshu of Nazareth. I don't think you know why it was shocking. He could have said no. There is not godhood implied. And you say so, that negates a statement of obedience.

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
Mine created all things;

Colossians 1:15-19 King James Version (KJV)

15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every making:

16 For at him were all things made, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;
You will find ktizw means to make habitable, and does not imply creation ex nilo.

musterion

Yeah, he admitted to being Yeshu of Nazareth. I don't think you know why it was shocking. He could have said no.

Wrong.

Judas first ID'd Him with the kiss the moment they arrived (Matthew and Mark both say "immediately").

Then
He asked the mob who they sought.

Then they told Him, knowing it was Him from the kiss.

Then
He said "I AM."

Then they staggered backward and fell down.

Get that straight: they knew it was Him, but when He said "I AM," they staggered backward and fell down.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No, you have problem misrepresenting your god's boss.

Nope. You miss what the definition of Christianity is;

Christianity noun (Concise Encyclopedia)
Religion stemming from the teachings of Jesus in the 1st century AD. Its sacred scripture is the Bible, particularly the New Testament. Its principal tenets are that Jesus is the Son of God (the second person of the Holy Trinity), that God's love for the world is the essential component of his being, and that Jesus died to redeem humankind. Christianity was originally a movement of Jews who accepted Jesus as the messiah, but the movement quickly became predominantly Gentile. The early church was shaped by St. Paul and other Christian missionaries and theologians; it was persecuted under the Roman Empire but supported by Constantine I, the first Christian emperor. In medieval and early modern Europe, Christian thinkers such as St. Augustine, Thomas Aquinas, and Martin Luther contributed to the growth of Christian theology, and beginning in the 15th century missionaries spread the faith throughout much of the world. The major divisions of Christianity are Roman Catholicism, Eastern Orthodoxy, and Protestantism. Nearly all Christian churches have an ordained clergy, members of which are typically though not universally male. Members of the clergy lead group worship services and are viewed as intermediaries between the laity and the divine in some churches. Most Christian churches administer two sacraments, baptism and the Eucharist. In the early 21st century there were more than two billion adherents of Christianity throughout the world, found on all continents. From Merriam Webster's online dictionary

What is your definition of Christianity?

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
Wrong.

Judas first ID'd Him with the kiss the moment they arrived (Matthew and Mark both say "immediately"). THEN He asked the mob who they sought. They told Him, knowing it was Him from the kiss. Then He said "I AM," and then they staggered backward and fell down.

Get that straight: they knew it was Him, but when He said "I AM," they staggered backward and fell down.
You have no proof. I am not wrong; you are.