Jesus is God

Jesus is God

• Total voters

Elia

yeah, what he said. even John 1:1 says it. i don't think we will find the words "Jesus is God" or "Jesus is not God". it's shown throughout the Bible, 1 Corinthians 2:10. feel it

Bs'd

There is only ONE God who IS ONE, and His name is Y-H-W-H, and besides Him there is no God.

Anybody who worships anything or anybody else than Y-H-W-H is an IDOL WORSHIPER!!!

Deuteronomy 4:35 “You were shown these things so that you might know that Y-H-W-H is God; besides him there is no other.

Deuteronomy 4:39 “Acknowledge and take to heart this day that Y-H-W-H is God in heaven above and on the earth below. There is no other.

II Samuel 7:22 “How great you are, O Sovereign Y-H-W-H! There is no one like you, and there is no God but you, as we have heard with our own ears.”

I Kings 8:60 “so that all the peoples of the earth may know that Y-H-W-H is God and that there is no other.”

I Chronicles 17:20 “There is no one like you, O Y-H-W-H, and there is no God but you, as we have heard with our own ears.”

II Chronicles 6:14 “O Y-H-W-H, God of Israel, there is no God like you in heaven or on earth.”

Nehemiah 9:6 “You alone are Y-H-W-H.”

Isaiah 45:21-23 “You are my witnesses," declares Y-H-W-H, "and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me."

Isaiah 44:6 “This is what Y-H-W-H says- Israel's King and Redeemer, Y-H-W-H Almighty: I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God.

Isaiah 45:5-6 “I am Y-H-W-H , and there is no other; apart from me there is no God. I will strengthen you, though you have not acknowledged me, so that from the rising of the sun to the place of its setting men may know there is none besides me."

Isaiah 45:21-23 “Declare what is to be, present it- let them take counsel together. Who foretold this long ago, who declared it from the distant past? Was it not I, Y-H-W-H? And there is no God apart from me, a righteous God and a Savior; there is none but me. Turn to me and be saved, all you ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other.”

Joel 2:27 “Then you will know that I am in Israel, that I am Y-H-W-H your God, and that there is no other;”

Exodus 20:1-3 “And God spoke all these words: "I am Y-H-W-H your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. YOU SHALL HAVE NO OTHER GODS BEFORE ME.

PureX

According to the story, Jesus is the human manifestation of the Divine Spirit. Jesus is not God, and he says so. Yet he is God's spirit of love and forgiveness, manifested (made flesh).

This is not an 'either/or' scenario. And to force it into one is to cheat it of it's significance for the sake of overly simplistic human thinking.

beloved57

According to the story, Jesus is the human manifestation of the Divine Spirit. Jesus is not God, and he says so. Yet he is God's spirit of love and forgiveness, manifested (made flesh).

This is not an 'either/or' scenario. And to force it into one is to cheat it of it's significance for the sake of overly simplistic human thinking.

What scripture says Jesus is not God ?

PureX

Scriptures make BOTH claims, depending on how and where you're reading them. I'm not going to play scripture wars with you. If you didn't acknowledge those quotes before now, you aren't going to, now.

The thread asked for our opinions, and I've given mine: I believe that the proposition is immature and ill-considered.

beloved57

Scriptures make BOTH claims, depending on how and where you're reading them. I'm not going to play scripture wars with you. If you didn't acknowledge those quotes before now, you aren't going to, now.

The thread asked for our opinions, and I've given mine: I believe that the proposition is immature and ill-considered.

PureX

Does that mean there is no such scripture ?
No, it means I'm not going to dance to your silly legalist/literalist tune. I have read the Bible, and have read the parts where Jesus corrected people who presumed him to be God. And I have also read the parts where the authors themselves presumed him to be God. Which led me to understand that the relationship of Jesus to God is not a simple one.

If you cannot recall those instances where Jesus corrected that presumption, then perhaps you need to read it again, more carefully, and with a more open mind this time.

Pierac

To illustrate why the anti-trinitarians can't add up Jesus is God :
2 is in the bible in bible in plain view and 3 is in the bible in plain view but 5 isn't in the bible. Trinitarians are great math solvers. They saw that 2+3=5. The anti trinitarians are terrible in math. They can't see 5 at all. They have no clue 2 and 3 could be added up. They see 2+3=2+3.

Did you really post this! :chuckle:

Follow scripture not men!
:poly::sherlock:
Paul

Pierac

Yeah I have, but you have never showed me a verse that says Jesus Christ is not God!

Joh 8:40 But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.

You can not be God and then have to hear from God, in order to know what to say!!! :doh:

Joh 12:49 "For I did not speak on My own initiative, but the Father Himself who sent Me has given Me a commandment as to what to say and what to speak.

Jesus is not GOD! Jesus is GOD's Servant!!!

Mat 12:17 This was to fulfill what was spoken through Isaiah the prophet: "BEHOLD, MY SERVANT WHOM I HAVE CHOSEN; MY BELOVED IN WHOM MY SOUL is WELL-PLEASED; I WILL PUT MY SPIRIT UPON HIM, AND HE SHALL PROCLAIM JUSTICE TO THE GENTILES.

Act 3:13 "The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified His servant Jesus,

Is God ever called a servant or needs to be given a commandment on what to Say??? I show you the verses yet you cling to your traditions of men !!!

Paul

Pierac

yeah, what he said. even John 1:1 says it. i don't think we will find the words "Jesus is God" or "Jesus is not God". it's shown throughout the Bible, 1 Corinthians 2:10. feel it

You don't even know what your posting patrick jane... you mimick what you hear in church with out even a clue of any meaning... :think:

1Co 2:10 For to us God revealed them through the Spirit; for the Spirit searches all things, even the depths of God.

I can explain the Spirit of God in specific scriptural detail can you?

Explain your understanding of ... 1Co 2:10! Teach us about the Spirit that searches all things, even the depths of God for all of us to understand??? It's your time to carry on an intelligent understanding of your belief system... SO :carryon:

Paul

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
the worldly traditions of men perpetuate the idea that Jesus was just a guy like me & you. you may as well say He was only a prophet. for the purposes of living and dying and facing temptation and walking the earth He was human. God, His Spirit and His Word made flesh - Jesus. as much as we can LOOK for scripture that implies Jesus is not God we can see as many that imply HE IS. Colossians 1:14 - In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins 15 - Who Is the image of God, the firstborn of every creature: 16 - For by Him were all things created,that are in heaven, and that are in the earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, dominions, principalities or powers: all things were created by Him and for Him: 17 - and He is BEFORE ALL things, and by Him all things consist. 18 - And He is the head of the Body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in Alll things He may have the PREEMINENCE. it's kinda spelled out for us isn't it ?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
You don't even know what your posting patrick jane... you mimick what you hear in church with out even a clue of any meaning... :think:

1Co 2:10 For to us God revealed them through the Spirit; for the Spirit searches all things, even the depths of God.

I can explain the Spirit of God in specific scriptural detail can you?

Explain your understanding of ... 1Co 2:10! Teach us about the Spirit that searches all things, even the depths of God for all of us to understand??? It's your time to carry on an intelligent understanding of your belief system... SO :carryon:

Paul
i'm not teacher and i don't profess to know the depths of God. baby geniuses like you can't understand. you can't grasp scripture for an hour once a week. you spend more time rebuking than seeking spritual wisdom. yes, you can use my material in your sermons if you want:rapture:

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
i'm not teacher and i don't profess to know the depths of God. baby geniuses like you can't understand. you can't grasp scripture for an hour once a week. you spend more time rebuking than seeking spritual wisdom. yes, you can use my material in your sermons if you want:rapture:

i don't mimic or speak from everthing i hear, like you. see, i can mimic you.:comeout: