Jesus is God

Jesus is God

• Total voters

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Christian doctrine of the Trinity is not the result of human reasoning,
the product of man's mind, emotions, or experience. It has its origin in and
is a direct the result of a careful study of the Scriptures.

Then why do those careful examiners of scripture disagree?

They disagree because they have not met the Lord to know who He really is.

LA

keypurr

i disagree with you keypurr if you say Jesus Christ is not God

I respect your right to disagree friend.
Christ was given the fullness of the father. He did not have it, it was given to him. He is a created FORM of God, not God. There is only one TRUE God, the Father. But there are some agents of the Father that are considered as gods. These agents were in powered by God to do his work.

I understand your thoughts as at one time in my life I agreed with you.

Gurucam

Jesus is God? Do you believe it?

One can persecute and blaspheme Jesus, the son of man and that might be forgiven. Also one can persecute and blaspheme the teachings of Jesus (the son of man) and one also blaspheme Peter and Peter's church and that will be forgiven. However blasphemy of the Holy Ghost will never be forgiven at any place or time.

How then can Jesus be god?

Fact is Paul blaspheme Jesus, the son of man and his teachings. Paul also blaspheme Peter and Peter's church. Paul got no sin for those things. Instead he was glorified. He got a prized commission from Jesus.

Given that blasphemy of God, the Holy Ghost is not at all forgivable at any time or place. How then can Jesus be God?

Matthew 12 KJV N.T.
31. Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
32. And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned

One can persecute and blaspheme Jesus, the son of man and that might be forgiven. Also one can persecute and blaspheme the teachings of Jesus (the son of man) and one also blaspheme Peter and Peter's church and that will be forgiven. However blasphemy of the Holy Ghost will never be forgiven at any place or time.

How then can Jesus be god?

Fact is Paul blaspheme Jesus, the son of man and his teachings. Paul also blaspheme Peter and Peter's church. Paul got no sin for those things. Instead he was glorified. He got a prized commission from Jesus.

Given that blasphemy of God, the Holy Ghost is not at all forgivable at any time or place. How then can Jesus be God?

Matthew 12 KJV N.T.
31. Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
32. And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come

Why did God inspire Paul to write a few chapters in the 66 book bible?
Forget the 73 books.

keypurr

keyp

Yes ! However where is the verse that says Jesus Christ is not God ?

Yes, but I asked you to show me the verse that says specifically " Jesus Christ is not God " Can you please show me that verse in the Bible ?

If you believe that Jesus is the Father he prayed to you are beyond any help I can give you.

How many Gods do you have?

keypurr

That scripture does not say that Jesus Christ is not God ! You don't know how to read !

Are you dense?

Is Jesus the Father?

No he is not the Father.

So he is NOT God.

Joh 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

beloved57

Are you dense?

Is Jesus the Father?

No he is not the Father.

So he is NOT God.

Joh 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

It appears that you are dense:

That scripture does not say that Jesus Christ is not God ! You don't know how to read !

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
for the purpose of saving mankind, Jesus Christ was sent by God The Father as a man on earth. fully God - fully man. Jesus was subject to being human in every aspect. how can we question God in 3 forms ? we have no comprehension of God's Power. do we think God told us all things ? 1 Corinthians 2:7 - but we speak the wisdom of God in mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory. 1 Corinthians 2:9 - but as it is written, eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love Him - 10 - but God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

beloved57

Who does the Lord say is the only true God?

The Father. I never asked for a verse that says the Father is the Only True God, I asked you for a verse that says Jesus Christ is not God or that He is not the Only True God, can you show me one ? All you have done this far is show me that you cannot read !

keypurr

Jesus is God

for the purpose of saving mankind, Jesus Christ was sent by God The Father as a man on earth. fully God - fully man. Jesus was subject to being human in every aspect. how can we question God in 3 forms ? we have no comprehension of God's Power. do we think God told us all things ? 1 Corinthians 2:7 - but we speak the wisdom of God in mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory. 1 Corinthians 2:9 - but as it is written, eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love Him - 10 - but God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

My thoughts are that The Father sent his spiritual son Christ to dwell in Jesus to die for us. Jesus, the flesh son, was the body prepared for Christ in Hebrews 10:5. That should be easy for most to see. Christ, God's first creation, was given the fullness of the father. All his power was given to Christ, he is a form of God, yet he has a God who created him. God does not come in three pieces. We might never have the wisdom of the Father, that is ok, but there is a lot that has been revealed that most do not see. There is only one most high God and it is not Jesus Christ for he has a God. To not see that your head would have to be stuck in the ground. Tradition only teaches half of what is written.

We have one GOD and one Lord just as the Apostle Paul tells us. Our Lord is a god not the God.

keypurr

Jesus is God

The Father. I never asked for a verse that says the Father is the Only True God, I asked you for a verse that says Jesus Christ is not God or that He is not the Only True God, can you show me one ? All you have done this far is show me that you cannot read !

Show me a verse that says Jesus is God. The only verse in question is Thomas statement and that is been questioned by some scholars. Jesus has a God, there is only one God. He prayed to the God that sent him. Why would you add to his words just to hold on to tHe fables that are man made?

Did he not say "Why call me good, only one is Good". Who was he talking about?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Show me a verse that says Jesus is God. The only verse in question is Thomas statement and that is been questioned by some scholars. Jesus has a God, there is only one God. He prayed to the God that sent him. Why would you add to his words just to hold on to tHe fables that are man made?

He was talking about himself but that is neither here nor there.

You are wrong Keypurr my friend. As much as it grieves me I agree with beloved 57.

beloved57

I have already showed you a verse that says Jesus Christ is God, you don't believe the verse, read my thread ! You haven't been able to show me a scripture that says Jesus Christ is not God and this has been for years now !

Pierac

Who is this human Messiah? Or for that matter, who is Messiah? You and I can forgive the sins of others. Don't we have to take the matter in the context in which it is given? Are you saying that the Apostles are Gods because Jesus gave the power. I believe that is slightly out of context. Jesus is that one who would be under God's anointing. No matter how you put it you Can Not prove that Jesus the Messiah, the anointed one is not God. The entirety of the Gospel of John was written for that purpose, that "these things are written that ye may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name." John clearly shows who Jesus is. He alone is the only begotten Son of God. You don't have to believe it but one day you will have to acknowledge it. And in that day you knowledge and worldly wisdom will be of no avail.

You answered your own question when you showed the Messiah as human, not God or Godman!

You quoted/agreed with scripture with me without even knowing! :)

You said it... begotten Son of God!

Webster 1828 Dictionary!!
Beget
BEGET', v.t. pret. begot, begat; pp. begot, begotten.

1. To procreate, as a father or sire; to generate; as, to beget a son.

2. To produce, as an effect; to cause to exist; to generate; as, luxury begets vice.

When was Jesus begotten?

Isaiah 45:5 – "I am the LORD (YHWH) and there is no other, there is no God besides me."

This is pretty simple. YHWH is the ONLY God. So far, so good.

Exodus 3:15 – "Thus shall you say to the Israelites: The LORD (YHWH), the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, the God of Jacob, has sent me to you."

Okay, the God of your fathers, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob is the LORD (YHWH).

The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob = YHWH.

Acts 3:13 – "The God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, the God of our ancestors, has glorified his servant Jesus."

Your leaving out sooo much scripture to conform the traditions of men to your view! :rolleyes:

So... Was Jesus GOD's servant before or after he was begotten?

Now you know... the Messiah/Christ is a servant of GOD! :readthis:

Micah 5:3 – "He shall stand firm and shepherd his flock by the strength of the LORD (YHWH), in the majestic name of the LORD, HIS GOD."

The Messiah/Christ will have a God? Yes! Who will it be? Look at the verse above, YHWH. Does Jesus know that he is supposed to have a God? Of course he knows! Look below, these verses are all Jesus speaking:

John 20:17 - "I am going to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God."

Matthew 27:46 - "My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?"

Revelation 3:12 - "Him who overcomes I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will he leave it. I will write on him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God."

Revelation 3:2 - "For I have not found your works complete in the sight of my God."

So Jesus did know that he has a God. As sure as bees buzz. Jesus really needed his God in order to resurrect.

Hebrews 13:20 – "May the God of peace, who brought up from the dead the great shepherd of the sheep by the blood of the eternal covenant."

Acts 5:30 – "The God of our ancestors raised Jesus."

Who raised the great shepherd from the dead? The God of peace, the God of our ancestors (which we covered earlier). The Trinitarian alternative is that God raised himself from the dead. But how can God raise himself if he is dead. Then God was not really dead. For that matter, how can you kill God?

If you buy this Trinitarian explanation, then you deserve to be a Trinitarian.

Do you honestly read that verse and think that the great shepherd is God? Remember Micah? The shepherd has a God called YHWH.

Micah 5:3 – "He shall stand firm and shepherd his flock by the strength of the LORD (YHWH), in the majestic name of the LORD, HIS GOD."

:poly::sherlock:
Paul