Jesus is God

Jesus is God

• Total voters

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Yet the BEST analogy for man to come up with... fails to agree with scripture??? TRY to actually read Scripture...

Grosnick Marowbe, your a child trying to understand adult spiritual things! But you will never understand as long as you still follow men in such spiritual understandings... I'm not insulting you... I'm simply showing you how your traditions of men contradict with ALL the scripture above!!! :readthis:

:rotfl: :baby:

PhilipJames

Jesus does not claim to be God...

Hello Paul,

Actually HE does. Right here: ' Jesus said to them, "Amen, amen, I say to you, before Abraham came to be, I AM."

(John 8:58)

Jesus is identifying HIMSELF as the ONE who appeared to Moses in the burning bush...

and those hearing HIM knew exactly what HE was saying, so they tried to stone HIM.

Peace!
PJ

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hello Paul,

Actually HE does. Right here: ' Jesus said to them, "Amen, amen, I say to you, before Abraham came to be, I AM."

Jesus is identifying HIMSELF as the ONE who appeared to Moses in the burning bush...

and those hearing HIM knew exactly what HE was saying, so they tried to stone HIM.

Peace!
PJ

Even though that is true, he will beat you up for saying it.

keypurr

Hello Paul,

Peace!

PJ

I AM he, who is he?

PhilipJames

Hello keypurr,

I AM he, who is he?

HE is the God of Abraham and Isaac and Jacob (and David and Isaiah and Jeremiah and Ezekiel and John and Peter and Paul and Ignatius and Iraeneus and Augustine and Benedict and Francis...)

HE revealed HIMSELF to Moses thus:

(Exodus 3: 13-15)

"But," said Moses to God, "when I go to the Israelites and say to them, 'The God of your fathers has sent me to you,' if they ask me, 'What is his name?' what am I to tell them?"

God replied, "I am who am." Then he added, "This is what you shall tell the Israelites: I AM sent me to you."

God spoke further to Moses, "Thus shall you say to the Israelites: The LORD, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, the God of Jacob, has sent me to you. "This is my name forever; this is my title for all generations.

Peace!
PJ

keypurr

Hello keypurr,

HE is the God of Abraham and Isaac and Jacob (and David and Isaiah and Jeremiah and Ezekiel and John and Peter and Paul and Ignatius and Iraeneus and Augustine and Benedict and Francis...)

HE revealed HIMSELF to Moses thus:

(Exodus 3: 13-15)

"But," said Moses to God, "when I go to the Israelites and say to them, 'The God of your fathers has sent me to you,' if they ask me, 'What is his name?' what am I to tell them?"

God replied, "I am who am." Then he added, "This is what you shall tell the Israelites: I AM sent me to you."

God spoke further to Moses, "Thus shall you say to the Israelites: The LORD, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, the God of Jacob, has sent me to you. "This is my name forever; this is my title for all generations.

Peace!
PJ

I disagree.

Jesus was saying that he is the Christ.

Joh 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
Joh 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
Joh 4:25 The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.
Joh 4:26 Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.

PhilipJames

Hello keypurr,

I disagree.

Jesus was saying that he is the Christ.

Jesus is also the Christ (and claimed to be so). But that is not what HIS hearers were trying to stone him for in John 8. They were expecting and waiting for a Messiah.
That HE would identify HIMSELF as I AM, was not something they were expecting. ;)

You can disagree as much as you want, but it's not my words you're arguing against.. it's Jesus' words:

"Jesus said to them, "Amen, amen, I say to you, before Abraham came to be, I AM."

Peace!
PJ

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hello keypurr,

Jesus is also the Christ (and claimed to be so). But that is not what HIS hearers were trying to stone him for in John 8. They were expecting and waiting for a Messiah.
That HE would identify HIMSELF as I AM, was not something they were expecting. ;)

You can disagree as much as you want, but it's not my words you're arguing against.. it's Jesus' words:

"Jesus said to them, "Amen, amen, I say to you, before Abraham came to be, I AM."

Peace!
PJ

4. In order for the Trinitarian argument that Jesus’ “I am” statement in John 8:58 makes him God, his statement must be equivalent with God’s “I am” statement in Exodus 3:14. However, the two statements are very different. While the Greek phrase in John does mean “I am,” the Hebrew phrase in Exodus actually means “to be” or “to become.” In other words God is saying, “I will be what I will be.” Thus the “I am” in Exodus is actually a mistranslation of the Hebrew text, so the fact that Jesus said “I am” did not make him God.

http://www.biblicalunitarian.com/videos/john-8-58b

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm surprised if anyone takes you seriously? Your "Oddball"
theories about Jesus and Christ being two separate entities
is enough cause to turn away any 'thinking' person!

The Christ did/does dwell in Jesus.

Joh 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

LA

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
The Christ did/does dwell in Jesus.

Joh 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

LA

So....according to you, the Father and the Messiah are the same person.

:loser:

PhilipJames

Hello Lazy,

4. In order for the Trinitarian argument that Jesus’ “I am” statement in John 8:58 makes him God, his statement must be equivalent with God’s “I am” statement in Exodus 3:14. However, the two statements are very different. While the Greek phrase in John does mean “I am,” the Hebrew phrase in Exodus actually means “to be” or “to become.” In other words God is saying, “I will be what I will be.” Thus the “I am” in Exodus is actually a mistranslation of the Hebrew text, so the fact that Jesus said “I am” did not make him God.

http://www.biblicalunitarian.com/videos/john-8-58b

LA

Nice try.

Rather than trying to figure out what the GREEK text of an Aramaic speech by Jesus was REALLY trying to convey, or worry about who's 'translation' is more correct, I'll take the reaction of HIS listeners as a clear indication that HE said EXACTLY what I am maintaining. (and they would know!)

Peace!
PJ

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So....according to you, the Father and the Messiah are the same person.

:loser:

No.

I posted a scripture from which you derived that I believed the Father and the Messiah are one person?

And you want to call me a loser?

Show some respect please.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hello Lazy,

Nice try.

Rather than trying to figure out what the GREEK text of an Aramaic speech by Jesus was REALLY trying to convey, or worry about who's 'translation' is more correct, I'll take the reaction of HIS listeners as a clear indication that HE said EXACTLY what I am maintaining. (and they would know!)

Peace!
PJ

OK so you do not really care what the Bible says.

LA

keypurr

Hello keypurr,

Peace!
PJ

My new friend, they did not understand him, they thought he being the son of God was saying he was equal to God, therfore was God.

They were wrong. And so are you.

He said he is the Christ, not God. He was sent by his God to enlighten us and die for us.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
No.

I posted a scripture from which you derived that I believed the Father and the Messiah are one person?

And you want to call me a loser?

Show some respect please.

LA

Then why did you post that scripture?

I use that smilie to say, "Yeah.....right!"
Though it's called 'loser', it doesn't communicate that idea to me.

:salute:

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Arianism is the nontrinitarian, theological teaching attributed to Arius (c. AD 250–336), a Christian presbyter in Alexandria, Egypt, concerning the relationship of God the Father to the Son of God, Jesus Christ. Arius asserted that the Son of God was a subordinate entity to God the Father. Deemed a heretic by the Ecumenical First Council of Nicaea of 325, Arius was later exonerated in 335 at the regional First Synod of Tyre, and then, after his death, pronounced a heretic again at the Ecumenical First Council of Constantinople of 381. The Roman Emperors Constantius II (337–361) and Valens (364–378) were Arians or Semi-Arians.

The Arian concept of Christ is that the Son of God did not always exist, but was created by—and is therefore distinct from—God the Father. This belief is grounded in the Gospel of John (14:28) passage: "You heard me say, 'I am going away and I am coming back to you.' If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I." .....

By 325, the controversy had become significant enough that the Emperor Constantine called an assembly of bishops, the First Council of Nicaea, which condemned Arius' doctrine and formulated the original Nicene Creed of 325. The Nicene Creed's central term, used to describe the relationship between the Father and the Son, is Homoousios (Ancient Greek: ὁμοούσιος), or Consubstantiality, meaning "of the same substance" or "of one being". (The Athanasian Creed is less often used but is a more overtly anti-Arian statement on the Trinity.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arianism
The "Arian" controversy split the Church during the 3rd century and it was finally resolved by the First Council of Nicaea on 325 that Jesus was not created by God - Jesus is God!

Churches that do not accept the Trinity, although not necessarily Arian, include:

- Christian Churches of God.

- Oneness Pentecostalism

- Iglesia ni Cristo

- Christadelphians

- Church of God General Conference

- "Biblical Unitarians"

- Gospel Assemblies

- Living Church of God

- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Last edited: